7. If Only

Annika was the first one to wake up which was unusual. She saw her bagadbilla sleeping peacefully beneath her,his face looked tired,maybe due to work stress or sleeping without having his dinner or medicines. She was still disappointed on herself. It was because of her, Shivaay had to sleep like this,the thoughts of she being not good enough for him kicked in suddenly. Annika kissed Shivaay's chest and moved to freshen up.

 Past few weeks were hectic for her because of resuming her work after so long. Now his health concerned her way too much,it may be a small silly matter but it affected her so badly. She decided to take a day off so that she can make up for yesterday's plan. 

She called Meera,one of her assistant,charted them the day's work and told them to only call if the matter is urgent. Yes,it is her first work after marriage but nothing is important than him and moreover Shivaay himself appointed the best trust worthy employees for her.

Shivaay too woke up after sometime but didn't see his Annika anywhere.

"Where is she?She didn't reach or what?"

At that moment he saw her mangalsutr on their dressing table

"So she came,but when??when did I sleep??why didn't she wake me up?"

Annika entered their room with food tray and saw Shivaay who is in a deep thought.

"Good Morning Shivaay"

Shivaay came out of his thoughts,he felt like he is seeing her after so long. He was definitely not angry but somewhere he felt bad. He tried to smile.

"Good Morning Anni"

He said while trying to look at her face

"Shivaay , go and freshen up then we will have the breakfast"

He went to get freshen up without even saying a word.

"He must be angry on me,but I am sure he will understand and by the way why should he be angry I already told him to have his dinner and medicines.....but still I should have tried harder to reach earlier. "

Her thoughts danced like a pendulum. She went to put on her accessories . Annika was trying to tie her mangalsutr but it got tangled in her hair, a hand slided her hair to one side ,she looked up to the mirror only to witness her bagadbilla trying to untangle the mess. He also looked in the mirror to have a short eye lock.

"Hogaya" he said

Annika was still in daze

"Annika??"

"Huh?"

"It's done"

She blushed,smiled and nodded

She grabbed his hand ,guided him to their bed,made him  sit and served the breakfast. Shivaay was going to have his first bite when Annika took the plate and fed him with her hand. He didn't deny,he also did the same,fed her. The breakfast was a silent affair.

Shivaay went to make a call after having the breakfast

"What??You cancelled my meeting??What's wrong with you Mishra??Who told you to do this?"

"Sir,I am really sorry,but Annika maa'm asked me to do this"

"Annika??but why?"

"I don't know sir,but she said to postpone today's meeting to some other day"

"Hmm,I will call you back Mishra"

"Ye ladki bhi na,what's wrong with her"

"ANNIKAA" Shivaay entered their room shouting

"Why are you shouting Shivaay??am here" said Annika who was arranging the things in their cupboard

"Annika , why did you tell Mishra to cancel my meeting?"

She was still arranging the cupboard without paying any heed to him

"Annika am asking you something"

She closed the cupboard ,turned to him,held his hands

"I told him to cancel the meeting so that we can spend this day together"

"Spend the day together??What about your work??"

"My husband has appointed the best employees for me ,so it's ok ,they will manage today,and nothing is important than you Shivaay"

He nodded his head

"Let's go for a walk then" said Annika

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry couldn't include the conversation in this chapter. Thought to give them some moment before they have their conversation. Hope you are not unhappy with this. This scene just flashed my mind when I thought to write down their conversation,so wrote it. I will try to update the next chap ASAP :D