25. Waking Life

A dream invaded her,Roop bua pushing her papa,accident,Shivaay,every flashes were broken,she was panicking. She couldn't fathom what is happening.

Shivaay was half asleep beside her on a chair . He didn't knew when he slept off. He got up hearing some noises from Annika.

"Pa--pa---ch---chutki---"

"Annika ,what happened"

She was sweating,she held Shivaay's hand tightly which made her hand bleed due to the iv drip attached.

"Shi---Shivaay"

"Annika,am here,you are fine.....shh...calm down Annika"

Shivaay tried to calm her meanwhile doctor entered the room . Doctor gave a sedation to her.

"It's nothing to worry Mr.Oberoi it might be just a bad dream. She is fine".

Shivaay sat near her holding her hand. 

After few hours Annika slowly opened her eyes. Shivaay saw Annika waking up.

"Annika kaise ho tum? Is it paining somewhere??Should I call the doctor??".

"Shivaay-- mein --teek --hun".

"Teek hun??Yeah that's why you are here in the hospital." he tried to lighten up her mood

She faintly smiled. Shivaay kissed her hand.

"Is it paining??".

Annika nodded in negative

"Sh--Shivaay".

"Hmm."

"Aaap teek hain?"

"Jab tak tum teek hun na Annika mein bhi teek hun"

Silence prevailed in the room. Both of them missed each other so much and wanted to talk a lot but couldn't. Shivaay was broken seeing her condition and Annika was tired. Suddenly Annika remembered something her eyes welled up

"What happened Annika?" 

"Papa...did Roop bua killed my papa Shivaay??"

Shivaay didn't knew what to say. How will he say her it's because of his bua she became an orphan. Shivaay's eyes too welled up he kissed her hands and stroked her head.

"Why did she do that Shivaay"??

Shivaay too cried with her,she became calm after sometime

"Am sorry Annika"

"Aap kyu sorry bol rahe hai"

"Because of my bua you had to endure all pain from childhood"

"Isme aapki koi galti nahi hai Shivaay and she paid for her sins now"

Shivaay kissed her hand

----------------------------------------------

One week passed in a jiffy. Shivaay was always with Annika. Om and Shakti too went back to Mumbai on Shivaay's    insistence,but each day atleast one of the family member used to visit the hospital. Annika was healing faster. Shivaay didn't even leave her for a second. She can now sit,her fractures almost healed. Her employees visited her,now Meera is in charge until Annika gets back,Gauri and Saumya also helps Meera in the events . Annika will be discharged tomorrow that too on Shivaay's pressure. He just want to take her away from this environment,make her completely comfortable. Annika was back to her chatterbox mode but Shivaay didn't even let her move from the bed.

Annika squirmed her eyes,she saw Shivaay sitting on the chair leaning to the bed and sleeping. The great Shivaay Singh Oberoi who couldn't even sleep on a hard bed is now sleeping in this uncomfortable position. There was a bed in the room but it was a bit far from Annika's bed,she compelled him to sleep on that bed but her husband was so adamant . From past one week he was sleeping like this. She was really feeling bad but her 'akdu ' won't listen to her. Her IV drip was taken so now she can move her hand. She slowly took her hand and gently ruffled his hair. She felt really lucky to have an amazing partner and a beautiful family,they were with her like a rock in her worst phase. She keenly observed his face,the arrogant ruthless businessman sleeps like a baby,she thought. She poked his nose gently. Annika was thirsty but she didn't want to disturb  Shivaay's sleep,the table was near so she extended her hand to take the water but failed,she once again tried  and due to the constant movement of the bed Shivaay woke up.

"Annika kya hua,kuch chahiye?"

"Shivaay I was thirsty so....."

"Thirsty ??then why didn't you call me?"

"You were sleeping and I didn't  want to wake you up"

Shivaay glared at her and moved towards the table,poured a glass of water and gave her.

"Is it enough or  do you need something"

Annika nodded in negative. Annika then gestured him to come near her. She gave  a gentle kiss on his cheek. Shivaay blushed and smiled

"It's only three in the morning,sleep Annika"

"Sleep beside me Shivaay"

"No way,sleep now Annika"

"Please Shivaay"

"I  may hurt you Annika"

"You won't hurt me,now come and lay beside me"

"Annika "

Annika turned her head to the other side

"Ok,fine"

Annika smiled and moved a little

"Don't strain Annika"

He gently laid near her. She moved against him seeking more warmth from him. He then gently wrapped his hand in her waist. Sleep was far away from both of them. He was caressing her hair. She was just absorbed in the moment.

"Shivaay,why are you not sleeping??''

"Am not sleepy and what about you??"

"Me too"

After some silence

"You really scared me Annika. At one instant I really thought I lost you"

He buried his face in her neck

"Shivaay"

He didn't answer

"Shivaay mere taraf dekhiye"

He did the same

''Aap ko pata hai na mein kaun hun?? Shivaay Singh Oberoi ki biwi,jiski jaan itni aasani se nahi jayegi"

Shivaay smiled and kissed her forehead

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!! :) . It's been long right?? I promised you a shivikalicious chapter,so sorry to give you this half baked chapter. I have some ideas but am not able to put that in words,writer's block maybe :( . I didn't even have an intention to give you this chapter today but I don't want to make you all wait and think I left this book in the middle. This chapter is kind of a warm up chapter for me ,so please forgive me if you can :)

Criticisms/ Suggestions/Comments all welcome

Try to give some motivation too ;)