39. Overwhelmed

Shivaay was stroking Annika's hair while reading the book 'First time Parent'. Annika's head was on his lap and hand wrapping his waist.  Shivaay closed the book,he recalled the words of his papa and bade papa. 

--

They were discussing their new project and in between Tej started

"Shivaay"

"Yes bade papa"

"Are you happy right?"

Shakti and Shivaay looked a bit confused hearing the question

"Yes,of course bade papa. What happened?"

"No,just asked"

"You can tell me anything bade papa"

"Shivaay----I have done many mistakes in my life but the worst one was not being a good father to my children. Om was an unplanned child but after his birth he was our world but don't know when I became a stranger to him, Rudy and Prinku . I took 26 years to rectify mistake. I know you won't be like me and am not anyone to advice you,you are far better than me. I know how you took care of my children , not like a brother but like a father. I just waned to say this, I know you will be the best father"

Tej finished tapping his shoulder

" Not even you bhaisaab even I was  not a good father. I was always a coward,running  away from responsibilities. Never once in life I appreciated you,even today I don't know anything about your favourites. Even when Pinky  fed you with 'naam khoon khandan' ideologies,never once I made her stop even after knowing how wrong is she. But am glad you broke those beliefs and more than happy that you chose Annika. I am sure both of you will be the perfect parents. Me and Bhaisaab are the perfect examples of worst parents and I hope you won't be like us"

Shivaay wanted to interfere but deep down he knew whatever they said was true.

"But Shivaay I will be the best grand father , even you being a grand father cannot beat that"

"You have a competition Shakti" Tej interfered

"Let's see bhaisaab "

"Let's see then"

--

Shivaay smiled and let out a light chuckle. He knew whatever they said was true but for all that they are doing everything to be a good father,good son,good husband moreover a good human and he was damn sure they will be the best grand fathers for his kid. He was sure that he will give every happiness that he missed in his childhood to his baby. He leaned towards Annika,caressed her cheek lightly and kissed her forehead and then caressed her belly,leaning onto her belly he whispered

"I can't wait to hold you,come soon my princess"

The whole Oberoi clan is having a huge debate on baby's gender but he was sure it's a girl,his princess just like his Annika. He had already planned everything for her,even learnt bed time stories and he can't wait to spoil his princess.  Annika always says

"You will be her favourite papa and I will be that khadoos mama."

Sleep was far away from Shivaay. He continued stroking Annika's hair,his mind went back to that day when he got to know about her pregnancy. He was ecstatic,he had no clue how to react or what to do. Yes,he was prepared and they were planning for a baby but the feeling he felt at the news was something beyond explanation. The realisation he was going to  be a father was hard to digest,the realisation they will have their bundle of joy to call them as their own was making him excited as well as nervous.

Happily Ever After √जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें