24. Emerge

Shivaay panicked seeing Annika's condition. Her breathing rate was high and was sweating.

"Ann-Annika kya hua--------Doctorr"

Doctors rushed inside the ward

"Mr. Oberoi aap please bahar wait kijiye"

"No ,am not leaving her alone"

"Oberoi please try to understand,we have to take care of the patient"

"Beta,please listen to the doctor,let them check Annika" Sakti told Shivaay

"But dad---"

Sakti took Shivaay from the ward. But Shivaay was restless. He was pacing infront of the ward. To make him more panic another set of doctors went inside. After an hour which felt like a century doctor came out,without waiting for a second Shivaay approached the doctor

"Doctor what happened??,Is she fine?"

"Mr. Oberoi calm down,Yes , she is out of danger but you have to be very careful because she has got multiple fractures. She should atleast need a month of complete bed rest"

"C-Can I meet her doctor"

"You can meet her after an hour,She is under sedation now"

"That's ok doctor, I promise I won't disturb her,I just want to be with her

After so much persuasion doctor agreed

"Someone please come with me to the cabin, I need to prescribe her medicines and diet chart"

Shakti and Pinky went with the doctor

--------

Annika was in a deep sleep and Shivaay was staring at her beautiful face which was now adorned with bandages and scars,her breathing was now calm . Shivaay held her hand gently and lingered a kiss on it.

-------

"Since Annika bhabi is out of danger I think you guys should go back"

"What are you saying Omkaraji,am not going anywhere leaving my jeeji"

"Yes O, We can't leave them here like this"

"Gauri,Rudr try to understand,It's a hospital and they have some rules and regulations and besides they are not alone me and chote papa are staying back and you can come here whenever you want"

"Rudr I think bade bal wale bhaiyya is right,Even Sahil need to be comfortable"

"Ok,but I want to meet my jeeji"

"Fine,I will talk with the doctor"

Pinky and Sakti came back from doctor's cabin

"Chote maa ,what did the doctor say" Om asked

"She needs a month of complete bed rest and a strict diet chart is provided"

"Can we shift bhabi to Mumbai" Rudr asked

"Yeah but only after a week or when doctor feels she is okay to travel. Shivaay had an argument with the doctor for this,he told he will shift her to Oberoi Mansion within a week and said he will take care of her"

OmRu looked at each other and passed a smile. They both know Shivaay well,in these two days they have witnessed how Shivaay is without their bhabi. OmRu sometimes used to discuss what if shivika have a baby,whom will Shivaay take care more,the baby or baby's mother??

----

Her whole body was aching ,she could only remember a fall,was it a dream or a reality?. She tried opening her eyes but a throbbing headache made her to wince in pain.

----

Shivaay saw Annika trying to open her eyes and a tear drop was oozing from her eyes. It must be painful. Somewhere he felt that unknowingly his family was responsible for everything that happened to Annika. He gently held her hand giving her the strength.

"Annika,relax am here"

She was trying hard to open her eyes and finally she gently opened her eyes. Her lips were chapped. Shivaay's happiness had no bounds,he wanted to hug her but he was scared,what if his one touch hurts her. He gently stroked her cheeks,rubbed her chapped lips with his thumb. A small smile formed in her lips.

"Sh--Sh--Shivaay"

Shivaays eyes welled up,hearing his name from her that too after two damn days. He sobbed a little took her hand and kissed gently.

"Shhhh--Don't strain yourself,am here Annika" he stroked her bandaged head

"It's ---paining---Shivaay" she said with her broken voice

He couldn't hold back his tears anymore,he knew she was in pain but what made him more sad and disappointed was he couldn't do anything or he cannot take her pain away.

"I will call the doctor"

"N--No---Shivaay---N---No---Doctor''

Shivaay looked at her in confusion. She gestured him to kiss her forehead. He smiled and kissed her forehead.

"N---Now---It's not---paining"

Shivaay once again kissed her forehead and slowly she drifted off to sleep

------

Sahil and Gauri entered the ward. Shivaay was sitting on a chair beside Annika and was stroking her IV drip hand gently.  Sahil and Gauri approached Annika in a slow strides. Annika felt some presence and opened her eyes and turned towards the direction where Gauri and Sahil were standing. Annika faintly smiled. Shivaay left the room to give the siblings their space. He knew how much these both suffered and missed her after hearing about Annika's accident.

Gauri went near Annika,her face showed how much she have cried

"I was scared jeeji,what if you leave me once again" Gauri broke down hard

"Ch-Chutki--how--can--I--leave--you--we--didn't--even--finish--our--childhood--stories" Annika said with a great difficulty

They both smiled and then Annika noticed Saahil who was standing near the footrest of the bed and his face depicted no emotion. Annika gestured him to come near her. Gauri took him and placed him on bed near Annika. Since Annika's one hand was occupied by plaster cast and other with IV drip she couldn't do anything.

"How-- was-- your-- study-- tour?" Annika asked with a great difficulty

He didn't speak anything instead he leaned and hugged her gently. Annika smiled and kissed his forehead. Annika was not a sister but a mother to Saahil. Gauri stroked Sahil's hair. Saahil kissed Annika's cheek

"Come back as my khidkithod Annika didi"

Gauri too kissed Annika's forehead and then both Sahil and Gauri dispersed from there

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't believe this is the 25th chapter of this book including the Note. A lazy ass like me writing a book,unbelievable. Self patting :D

Next chapter will be bhalti bhar bhar ke Shivika :D. So give me some motivation for that ;)

Review this chapter

Comments/Suggestions/Criticisms all welcome

Am trying to include all your suggestions,if I have left anyone's am really sorry ,you cannot write everything in one chapter right,So don't mind if I take some time :)

Happily Ever After √जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें