chapter 1

Note: This book is very mature and has a lot of violence If you can't take it please don't read. FYI it's pretty sad but it all worked out in the end.

~~

SKYLAR POV

Skylar Adams is a 24-year-old girl who lives with her abusive boyfriend, Ethan. She never knew what it felt like to be loved or cared for. Her parents died when she was five years old and she was sent to an orphanage. She didn't have anyone to take care of her. When she turned 18, she met Ethan. He treated her like crap and when she tried to leave, he would lock her in her room. Then leave her in there for a few days, maybe even a month without food.

Skylar was so fragile that if he hurt her, she could break. She was so scared to leave the house. Sometimes she would hide from him when he came home drunk. Ethan told her every day that he loved her and she should never leave him. Skylar never knew what real love felt like.

"Skylar, what's taking you so fucking long?" Ethan shouted from downstairs. Skylar ran out of her room and down the stairs.

"I'm sorry I didn't hear you call the first time," she whispered, then looked down at the floor.

"Do you need a fucking hearing aid?" He shouted and she shook my head.

"No sir," she whispered, and he sighed.

"Skylar, did you make my dinner?" Ethan asked her and she shook her head. He groaned then placed his finger under her chin. "Do you want me to put you back on the streets? You have never had a home and I took you in," he said, and she bit down on her lip.

"I'm sorry Ethan I don't remember falling asleep," she replied, while staring into his eyes. She was like a robot. Anything he asked her to do, she had to do it or else she would be punished.

"It's sir, you don't get to call me Ethan, go make me my fucking dinner bitch!" he shouted, then pushed her. Skylar almost fell, but she caught her balance.

"Yes, sir," she said as she walked into the kitchen and looked into the refrigerator.It was empty. She went back into the living room and he looked over at her.

"Um... there is nothing in the kitchen to eat," Skylar said, and he walked over to her.

"Here, go do something and come home quickly. Don't let anyone talk to you." Ethan handed her the money and she took it.

"Yes sir," she said, then left. She walked down the road while looking around. She was cold, so she wrapped her arms around her waist and shivered. The store wasn't that far from where they lived; it was a one-minute walk. Even though it was dark and scary, she wasn't scared. Skylar was never happy, angry, she never smiled. People thought she was weird and creepy. The only emotion she showed was sadness. She was broken, acted as if she had no soul. 

She walked into the store and everyone was staring at her. She walked into the meat aisle. Then they picked up chicken and fish, then walked into the vegetable aisle. She picked up fruit then placed them into the basket then. She bought some more food and walked up to the cashier.

The lady stared at Skylar as she scanned the lettuce. Skylar sighed then looked up at the lady and she immediately looked away. Skylar handed her the money, then took her stuff and left the store. "I hate having to leave the house. Why couldn't he go himself?" Skylar said as she walked.

Skylar walked into the house and she saw Ethan sitting down while watching a movie. She walked into the kitchen and placed the bag down. She washed her hand then started making the food. While she was cutting up the fruits, she was humming a song that her friend taught her when she was an orphan.

"Ouch," she whimpered when the knife cut her finger. She walked over to the pipe and washed it off quickly, then placed her finger in her mouth.

"What the fuck did you do now?" he asked, and I showed him my finger. He shook his head then sighed frustratedly. "Stupid bitch, you never do anything right; didn't they teach you to cook when you were in that stupid orphanage?" he yelled, and she burst into tears.

"That's all you do, cry, get out of the kitchen; I'll do it myself," he yelled, and she nodded.

"Yes sir", she left the kitchen, then ran up to her room. She had a small bed that was on the floor, no windows or dresser, and a small bathroom that both of them used. Ethan had money, but he only spent it on himself. He would never try to fix the place, not for her. He wanted her to suffer. He had another house in which he would go to stay when he was ready, then leave her with the piece of junk. She cried herself to sleep.

Her door slammed opened and he bought the food over to her. He placed it on the floor and she thanked him then started eating it. "I'm going to the club. I'll be back in a minute to make sure the dishes are cleaned."

"Yes sir" she whispered and he left her room as soon as she finished eating. Skylar went downstairs to get the dishes clean. She felt so tired and stressed. She did so many things today: washed his clothes, cleaned the house, and satisfied his needs.

Skylar made sure that the dishes were cleaned and there was nothing left in them. She didn't want Ethan to get angry. Finally, she whispered, then took up the first aid kit. She dressed her cut and placed a bandaid on it. She was glad that she finished her chores so she could go to sleep. But she knew it wasn't over. Every time Ethan went to the club, he came back drunk. She was scared of what he was about to do when he came back. Skylar wished she could lock her door, but that wasn't possible since there was no lock on the door. She wrapped herself up in the thin sheet then placed it over her head. She took out her neckless that her mother gave her when she was small and kissed it. She placed it towards her chest and fell asleep.
**********

THANKS FOR READING

PLEASE COMMENT

AND VOTE😩