chapter 12

As soon as Skylar got to Pierce's company she walked over to the front desk. She saw Gemma sitting down while looking down at her phone. "Excuse me" Skylar whispered and Gemma looked up at her while chewing her gum.

"What are you doing here didn't Mr pierce tell you not to come back?" she asked then popped her gum.

"No, he didn't, he told me to come back for a job" Skylar whispered and she rolled her eyes.

"What's your name?" She asked and Skylar told her.

"Your name is not on the list you should leave before I call the security," Gemma said and Skylar looked down at the floor.

"Please I really need this job and he told me to be here" she begged and Gemma rolled her eyes.

"Fine I'll see what I can do" she paused then pressed a small button on her desk "Mr. Pierce there is some woman down here name Skylar do you want to see her?" Gemma asked.

"Yeah send her up here," Levi said and Skylar sighed, Gemma looked over at her and pointed towards the elevator.

"You may go and don't even think about taking the boss's elevator," she said through gritted teeth and Skylar nodded.

As soon as she got up to Levi's office she knocked on the door "come" she heard him say and she walked in.

"Good morning" she whispered while playing with her fingers.

"Are you ready?" He asked then stood up and grabbed his key.

"Where are we going aren't we going to talk about it first?" Skylar asked and he looked up at her.

"No silly we're going to my house, I'm giving you a tour," he told her and she nodded. Skylar was so happy she got the job now she could buy food for herself and Kayden. They both left the office then went into the elevator.

"Why is that lady at the front desk so mean?" Skylar asked and he shrugged. "You know that's bad business for you if she treats people like that you might lose them," Skylar said and he chuckled.

"Well thank you for telling me I'll warn her," Levi said and Skylar nodded. When they got to the parking lot Levi walked over to his car. Skylar's eyes widen when she saw his black shiny car. She has never seen a car like that before.

"Why do you have such an expensive car you could've got a normal car," Skylar said and he cocked one eyebrow up.

"I don't do normal baby girl," he said and Skylar blushed. "This car is a Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita it's really expensive for you but not for me," he said and they both got in. She could tell the car was really fast. He drove off and Skylar got really scared.

"I'm not used to this stuff can you go really slow?" Skylar asked and he shook his head.

"You'll just have to get use to it," he said and she held her breath. She was so scared that they might crash. She held on to his hand and squeezed it. He glanced at her through the rearview mirror and her eyes were squeezed shut.

She's so innocent

He thought to himself then smiled a little. They were finally at his mansion and he parked the car "we are here" he said and she opened her eyes.

"Wow your house is so big" Skylar gasped then got out of the car "How am I supposed to clean all of that?" She asked and he chuckled.

"You'll not clean the whole house I have other maids for that, I want you to clean my room and office," he told her and she nodded. There were guards everywhere, Skylar couldn't wait to see inside. The door opened and Levi walked in, Skylar followed behind him while looking around. She couldn't even describe the house, it was so beautiful.

After Skylar got a whole tore of his house she was really tired and hungry. Since she didn't have any breakfast this morning. "One more thing," he said then took out a paper. "It's a contract, go ahead and read through it if you want," he said then handed it to her. She began reading through it then paused when she saw something.

"I'll have to live here I can't do that" Skylar's eyes widen and he nodded.

"Yes you'll have to stay here," he said and she shook her head.

"I can't live here, I have a life too you know," she said then handed the paper to him. Ethan would kill her if she took the job.

"Okay but think about it," he told her and she nodded then bit down on her lip. Skylar's stomach started making noises and Levi looked at her.

"Did you not eat something before you got here?" Levi asked and Skylar nodded.

"Yeah I did" she lied then blushed. He cocked one eyebrow up then sat down on the couch.

"Oh, really then why is your stomach making noises?" He asked and she blushed even more.

"Fine I didn't get to eat anything," she said then looked down at the floor.

"Well let's get you something to eat," he said then stood up.

"You don't have to" Skylar whispered and he shook his head.

"It's okay now follow me to the kitchen," he told her and Skylar followed behind him to the kitchen.

"What would you like to eat?" Levi asked as he looked into the fridge.

"Um... anything, I don't know," Skylar said in a low voice.

"Please make something nice for Miss Adams to eat," Levi said to the maid and she nodded then smiled. "Come Skylar I have something for you before you leave," he said then walked up the stairs. "Oh by the way I never let anyone clean my room or my office I do it myself. Because I don't trust anyone even though I just met you I think you're perfect for the job" he explained and Skylar nodded.

He walked into the guest room then stopped "This will be your room if you decide to take the job" he told her. Skylar was so intrigued by how beautiful the house looked. It was way better than the house that they lived in. "Here" he handed a box to her and she sat down on the bed then opened it.

Her eyes widen when she saw a phone inside "why would you give me this?" She asked.

"So that if you want the job you can call me," he told her, Skylar didn't know how to use a phone considering that she never had one before.

"Don't flatter yourself I give this to all my workers" he said and Skylar cocked one eyebrow up.

"Okay, but I don't know how to use a phone" Skylar whispered.

"I figured, anyways I'll show you" he paused "This is my phone number the first number in your phone," he said and she nodded. He started explaining to her how to use the phone. When he was finished she smiled then placed the phone into her bag. "Well then since that's done let's go down to see if the food is ready," he said then gestured her towards the door.

Levi laughed a little to himself when he saw that Skylar was here the whole time and hadn't said anything about what happened at the club which was weird. If that happened to anyone I'm sure things would be pretty awkward. Unless she didn't remember which made it funnier. He hoped she accepted the job so he could get to know her then tell her what happened. He couldn't wait to see the look on her face.

"Here you go" the maid gave the food to Skylar and she took it.

"Thank you" she and the woman nodded. Skylar sat around the island then began eating. Even though she was really hungry she didn't want to go too fast or too slow. When she finished eating Levi dropped her off at the supermarket.

"Remember if you change your mind call me so that I can come and get you. He said then drove off. Skylar walked into the store.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••

THANKS FOR READING

PLEASE COMMENT

AND VOTE 😄