chapter 40

Skylar woke up when she felt the urge to vomit, quickly getting up she ran into the bathroom and vomited into the toilet. Standing up she walked over to the sink, brushed her teeth then washed her face.  "I hate vomiting in the mornings" she whispered to herself as she walked back into the room. Her eyes searched the room and she realized that Levi wasn't in the room. Skylar sat back down on the bed then sighed.

"Skylar have you seen my tie that goes with this suit" Levi asked when he came walking out of the closet with his suit in hand. Skylar cocked one eyebrow up then turned towards him.

"What do you need a suit for, where are you going?" Skylar questioned and Levi sighed then walked over to her.

"I'm going on a business trip" he told her and her eyes widen.

"Levi no, why didn't you tell me?" She asked and he sat down beside her.

"I got the message yesterday I was going to tell you but I knew you were going to be worried" he explained.

"So you were going to leave without telling me?" Skylar asked while searching his eyes and he shook his head.

"No I was going to tell you before I leave" he said and she rolled her eyes.

"Levi you can't go, please don't go Levi I don't want to be here alone" she was on the verge of crying and Levi held her hand in his.

"Skylar this is really important for my company I have to go, don't worry Skylar you'll be okay here, no one will hurt you baby, and I'll check up on you 24/7" he told her.

"How long were you planning to stay?" she asked.

"For a week" he whispered and she pulled her hands away.

"Levi no, I don't want you to leave me and Kayden here" she cried and he sighed then wiped her tears away.

"Baby please don't cry okay I won't go on the trip I'll just ask them if they can have it at my office okay" he assured her and she nodded feeling a little better.

"Okay " she smiled and he nodded.

"I'm going to make a few calls" he said then stood up. She watched him as he took out his phone then began scrolling through it. He brought the phone to ear then left the room. Skylar really didn't want Levi to leave because she would be scared. Even if he took her with him he wouldn't be there 24/7 and she would be left there alone with Kayden. The thought of it made her anxious. Few seconds later Levi walked back in the  room. Skylar bit down on her lip waiting to hear what he was going to say.

"I won't be leaving they would be coming here really soon so I'm going to get ready and leave for work okay" he pecked her forehead and she nodded.

"I feel much better now" Skylar smiled and Levi caressed her cheek.

"Skylar you don't have to live in fear I promised that I won't let him hurt you" he assured her and she tilted her head to the side.

"I know Levi bu-" he cut her off before she could say anything else. Pecking her lips a few times before walking back to the closet. Skylar left the room and went to Kayden's nursery. Slowly opening the door she walked in.

"Mama" Kayden smiled while jumping in the  crib, Skylar picked him up then placed kisses all over his face.

"Daddy is going to work, let's go tell him bye" Skylar said and Kayden nodded. Leaving the room Skylar went back to hers. She placed Kayden down on the floor and he walked over to Levi.

"Dada up" Kayden said with his arms up in the air. Levi picked him up then pecked his cheek.

"Good morning son" Levi whispered and he smiled. "You're so silly" Levi said then tickled him.

"No no" Kayden laughed while pushing Levi's hand away.

"Okay daddy is leaving now I'll see you later" Levi placed Kayden down on the bed and he pouted. "I'll be home as soon as the meeting ends Kayden" Levi said.

"Bye Levi" Skylar pecked his lips.

"Bye" Kayden said while opening and closing his little hand. Levi kissed his forehead then left the room.

"Okay Kayden let's get you dressed and then we can go downstairs and play" Skylar whispered then picked up Kayden. Skylar left the room and went back to the nursery.

Removing all his clothes Skylar cleaned him up then grabbed a new diaper. She placed it on him then picked up his onesie and shorts. She placed the onesie over his head then placed both his arms and legs through the holes. "There you go" Skylar whispered then picked him up "breakfast time and Lena will be coming over too" Skylar said as she left the room. She went downstairs to the dining room then place Kayden down in his high chair. Liz placed a plate of breakfast infront of her and she nod as a thank you. Kayden began shoving the eggs inside his mouth and Skylar laughed.
~~~~~~

After Skylar finished having her breakfast Lena came. They spent the whole day to together playing with Kayden then watched a movie until he was tired. "Mama" Kayden started to cry when she got up.

"I'm coming Kayden!" Skylar shouted from the kitchen.

"I think he wants to sleep" Lena said when Skylar walked back into the living room.

"Yeah, I know that why I went to get his bottle, aren't you a fussy baby " Skylar cooed then gave him his bottle.

"Taa" he took the bottle from Skylar then shove the nipple in his mouth.

"You are welcome baby" Skylar smiled then sat down beside him.

"I can't believe you guys are having another baby, I can't wait to see what the baby looks like, I hope it's a girl this time" Lena said with amusement in her voice.

"Most likely Levi, he has a strong ass genes, I want to be another boy for some odd reason" Skylar said.

"What if it's a girl?" Lena asked.

"I would be super happy too" Skylar smiled "then Kayden would have a little sister to take care of" Skylar looked down at Kayden who was almost finished with his bottle, he cocked one eyebrow up then turned on his side. Skylar and Lena burst out into laughter.

"I think that means No" Lena said.

"Do you think he will love him or her when the baby get here?" She asked and Lena nodded.

"Yeah even though sometimes baby can get a little jealous when a newborn arrives, sometimes they are distant but they will warm up to the baby, you love them" Lena explained and Skylar nodded. Kayden gave the bottle to Lena then sat up. Climbing on top if Skylar he laid his head on her chest.

"Okay baby let's put you to bed" Skylar whispered then stood up "then we can watch a scary movie"  Skylar walked up the stairs with a sleeping Kayden in her arms. As soon as she got to his nursery she laid him down.

"Its getting late and Levi's not home as yet, I wish he was here so we could cuddle and watch a movie together" she whispered while staring down at Kayden.

Skylar heard the door opened and she thought it was Lena or one of the maids. She was about to turn around when someone grabbed her. They placed there hands over her mouth and she began to panick, her heart started beating faster and tears filled her eyes.
••••••••••••••••••••••••

THANKS FOR READING

PLEASE COMMENT

AND VOTE 😬