chapter 20

Levi woke up feeling way better and he was about to tell Skylar thanks when she wakes up. Levi left her room and walked down the hall to his room. He heard sneezing and coughing coming from his room and he cocked one eyebrow up. Knocking on the door he waited patiently for Skylar to answer.

"Skylar are you awake" he asked then knocked softly on the door again.

"Yeah" she managed to say. Opening the door he looked inside. Skylar was laying in bed. Covered in sheets from head to toe.

"Skylar Levi whispered and she moved sheet from her head. Her eyes and nose were swollen an red. "See this is why I told you not to take care of me now you are sick" he said and she rolled her eyes. "Now I can't get to take care of you the way you did for me or I'll get sick again" he told her then placed his hand on her forehead. "You feel a little warm" he whispered. He walked into his bathroom then grabbed a towel. After wetting it he went back into the room and placed it on her forehead.

"I realized that I was coming down with a cold so I had to go get Kayden bassinet" she sniffed then pointed at a sleeping baby in his bassinet.

"Ok going to call the doctor" he told her and she nodded. Taking out his phone he dialed the doctors number and he called him. When the doctor answered Levi told him what was wrong with Skylar.

"He'll be here soon okay, I'll ask Stella to make you some soup" he said then sat down on his bed. "You'll be okay see I got better quickly" he said and she smiled.

Kayden started crying and Levi sighed then looked over at the crying baby. Walking over to Kayden he carefully picked him up then slowly began to rock him. He quiet down then rest his head on Levi shoulder. Skylar felt this weird feeling in her stomach, like butterflies when she saw the way how Levi looked down at Kayden.

"Levi, the baby sitter said that she won't be here today because she's going to do some business today" she paused "I was wondering if you could watch Kayden for today?" Skylar asked and Levi nodded without even thinking about it. "Levi did you hear what I said" she asked and he chuckled.

"Sky I heard what you said" he smiled then looked over at her. She was surprised that he told her yes just like that normally he would make up some excuse. He walked over to Skylar then planted a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm sorry I couldn't get to take care of you today but I'll make it up to you when you feel better" he said and her heart skipped a beat. The feeling of his lips on her forehead made her get more butterflies.

"It's okay Levi, bye Kayden mommy will feel better soon" Skylar whispered. Kayden removed his head from Levi's shoulder then looked down at his mommy while sucking on his pacifier. He waved his little hand at her and Skylar smiled. Levi left his room then went down stairs to the kitchen.

"What would you like to eat Kayden?" He asked, placing him down on the island. Levi walked over to the fridge then opened it. "Do you want cereal or scrambled eggs?" He asked, turning towards Kayden sucking on his pacifier while looking up at Levi. "Okay I'll place it down right here and you choose" Levi placed the eggs and cereal in front of Kayden. He pointed at the eggs and Levi smiled then took it up.

"So eggs, fruits and since you can't get any breast milk you'll have to drink formula" Kayden cocked one eyebrow up then smiled. "Let's get you down from there wouldn't want you falling and hurting yourself" Levi said then placed him in his highchair.

Taking up a bowl Levi cracked three eggs in it then mixed it. He grabbed a couple of his favourite fruits cutting them up into small bite for Kayden. "This is my first time making baby formula I hope it taste good" he mumbled while shaking the bottle. The pacifier fell out of Kayden mouth and he started crying. Levi turned towards him then picked up his pacifier. He tried putting it back in Kayden's mouth and he shook his head, crying even louder Levi was so confused. "Here" Levi gave him a slice of apple. Grabbing it he placed it in his mouth. Biting, sucking it and rubbing it against his gums. Levi sighed, grabbing his bottle he placed it down on his highchair, also adding fruits and scrambled eggs.

"Good morning" Stella said and Levi turned towards her.

"Good morning Stella" he said then sat down around the island.

"Did you make breakfast for Kayden" she asked and he nodded. She laughed a little then walked over to Kayden eating his eggs "He seems to like it" she said and Levi smiled.

"Can you make some soup for Skylar she's not feeling well?" Levi asked and she nodded "Would you like anything Levi" he shook his head then took a sip of his coffee. As soon as Kayden finished eating Levi took him upstairs for a bath.

"Do you want to go to the park today?" Levi asked Kayden while pouring the water on his head. Kayden just sat there while chewing on his toys. Kayden started splashing the water on Levi while laughing.

"Babaaabaa" he babbled, a smile came across Levi's face. He loved seeing Kayden happy and not crying. It made his heart melt. The thought about having his own son came into mind. He wasn't sure about that since wasn't in a serious relationship with anyone.

"Does that mean a yes?" Levi asked and Kayden nodded then did a little happy dance. Taking him out of the tub Levi quickly dried him off. He walked back into the room then carefully placed him down on the changing table. Grabbing his stuff he placed them down. After placing his diaper on, Kayden started pumping his legs while moving his arms up and down. "You're happy" Levi laughed.

When Levi finished dressing Kayden he picked him up kissing him on both cheeks. Kayden shove his finger in his mouth and began chewing on it. "I know your not hungry again kayden" Levi said as he left skylar's room. He walked into his room where Skylar was sitting up while texting on her phone. "Are you okay?" He asked and she looked up at him.

"Yeah" she said, her face lit up when she saw Kayden in Levi's arm but she grew a little said that she couldn't hold him.

"Maaamaa" Kayden pointed at Skylar then opened his arms.

"I'm sorry baby but mommy can't hold you" Skylar told him and his face sadden. Tears filled his eyes and his lips pushed out. He cried while pointing at Skylar, Levi walked around the room while bouncing him until her quiet down.

"Sky I'm going to the park with Kayden so we won't be here okay" he told her and she nodded and smiled.

"Kayden are you ready?" Levi said then left the room. Levi got Kayden's diaper bag ready making sure he had everything he wanted. Levi went downstairs to the garage. Grabbing his stroller he placed Kayden inside.

"Lets get going" Levi whispered then left the house.  "Here" he said then gave Kayden his pacifier. Grabbing it he shoved it in his mouth.
•••••••••••••••••••••

THANKS FOR READING

PLEASE COMMENT

AND VOTE 🤩