chapter 16

When Levi got home he gave Kayden a bath then fed him. Kayden fell asleep while watching a movie with Levi. Levi looked down at Kayden then sighed. He knocked on skylar's door "come " he heard her say and he went inside.

"This kid was a handful today" Levi said then placed Kayden down in his crib. Levi looked over at Skylar who was wrapped up in the sheets.

"Thanks for everything I'll be looking at the stuffs tomorrow" she whispered and Levi nodded. Skylar couldn't believe that someone was treating her so nice normally she would've gotten beaten up.

"Skylar I got Kayden a babysitter so I don't have to keep him and you can do your work as soon as you stop seeing that thing" he told her and she nodded, as soon as Levi left her room she fell asleep.

Skylar woke up out of bed in the middle of the night when she heard Kayden crying. She stood up and walked over to his crib "It's okay baby" she cooed then picked him up. Skylar walked back over to her bed then laid down. She was still tired and was hoping Kayden would go back to sleep. She held him close to her chest while slowly rubbing small circles in his back. She smiled when she saw him closing his eyes then opening them again as if he was fighting the sleep.

"I love you so much I would never give you up for the world" she whispered then pecked his forhead. Kayden never liked Ethan ever Since he was born. He was a little scared of Ethan and would crying when he's around him. Kayden wasn't used to being around men so maybe him being with Levi would change that.
~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Levi got up, had a long bath, brushed his teeth then got dressed in his suit. He brushed his hair to the back then grabbed his phone. He texted his personal assistant.

'Vanessa make sure my cup of coffee is ready and the files for that new company is on my desk'

'Yes Mr Pierce everything is ready'

Levi shoved his phone into his pocket the walked down the hall to skylar's room. He knocked on the door and in a few seconds the door opened and he looked down at Skylar.

"I'm leaving for work if you need any chocolate or whatever you can ask the maid" he sternly said then look down at his watch. He cleared his throat then he heard her sigh.

"Yeah I'm fine, much better than yesterday so I can start cleaning your room and office. I'll also make sure to pay you back for the stuff you bought" she whispered and he shook his head.

"No need, just make sure your okay before you put strenuous work on your body" he said and she nodded. "The babysitter should be here any minute now I'll see you later" Levi was about to walk away when she held on to his hand.

"Umm... it's really early did you have anything for breakfast?" She asked and he shook his head.

"When I get to work I'll drink a cup of coffee now I've got to leave" he said then pulled his hand away.

"You can't drink coffee alone you need something healthy to eat" Skylar told him and he waved her off.

"I'll be fine" he walk down the stairs and went into the living room. Grabbing his keys to his car off the table then left.  Levi got into his car then drove off. When he got to work he went up to his office. Everyone greeting him with a good morning. He smiled when he saw a cup of hot coffee on his desk. Sitting down on in his chair he picked up the cup and took a sip.

"Hmm" he hummed, placing the cup down Levi took up the file that he told Vanessa about. "Let's see" he whispered then opened it up. "So they want me to help invest in there new project, I'm in but only if the blue print looks good" he paused "Oh here it is" he opened the blue paper and his eyes scanned over it. He knitted his eyebrows together when he saw something he didn't like. Levi pressed down on a small button on his desk then spoke. "Vanessa I need you in the office now" he said then leaned back in his chair.