chapter 30

Kaydens eyes fluttered opened and he looked up at the dangling toys. Standing up in his crib he picked up his pacifier then placed it in his mouth. Rubbing the sleep away from his eyes he looked around the room and saw that Skylar wasn't in the room. He yawned then stretched a little "Mama" Kayden called after removing the pacifier from his mouth. "Dada" he called. He didn't like being alone it reminds him of when he was with Ethan and it scared him.

"Maaama" tears filled his eyes and he started crying. When he saw that no one has came in yet he started screaming. The door burst open startling Kayden both Levi and Skylar ran up to him.

"What's wrong baby, did you get hurt?" Skylar asked, picking him up she began looking everywhere to see if he got hurt.

"Why are you crying?" Levi asked then wiped Kayden's tears. He stopped crying then laid his head on Skylar's shoulder.

"I'm sorry I didn't hear you the first time, I placed the baby monitor down then went to use the bathroom" she whispered while bouncing him.

"Yeah I heard him screaming, I think he's okay he just doesn't like being alone" Levi said and Skylar sighed hugging Kayden really tight.

"Do you think it's because of eth, he use to treat Kayden so badly. Because Ethan knows that I really love Kayden he would take him from me then tell me to go do his chores. Kayden would cry when he's left with Ethan, its my fault he's traumatized and he's just a baby" Skylar said while looking up a Levi.

"Skylar it's not your fault it's his I promise when I find him he'll be in jail okay" Levi said, kissing her forehead she nodded then smiled.  Levi was about to take Kayden from Skylar but he held on to her clothes really tight. He started crying again with his eyes squeezed shut and Levi let go. "What was that for?" Levi asked Skylar and she shrugged. "Do you think he's scared of me" Levi asked a little worried.

"No Levi why would you think that, maybe he wants to stay with me" Skylar whispered.

"Kayden it's daddy" Levi whispered, Kayden opened his eyes then looked at Levi "Kayden it's daddy, are you scared of me?" Levi asked and Kayden shook his head then opened his arms. Levi took him from Skylar then sighed in relief. He wouldn't want Kayden to be scared of him at all or he wouldn't know what to do. He loves Kayden so much as if he was his own son.

"See he loves you Levi he was just scared" Skylar said "Do you think we should take him to a doctor, I mean he's just a baby and he shouldn't be traumatized it scares me Levi" Skylar said in concern and Levi shrugged.

"I don't know I've never seen this before" Levi whispered and Skylar sighed then laid her head on Levi's shoulder. Levi chuckled and Skylar looked up at him.

"Why are you laughing?" Skylar asked with one eyebrow cocked up.

"Its just that we are making a decision like a couple" Levi smiled and Skylar pursed her lips.

"Like a couple, but we are not I was just asking as a friend" Skylar said then pulled away from Levi. His heart sank when she said the f word he was a little sad that she said that.

Skylar I don't think we are friends, friends don't kiss, cuddle or grind on each other, what do we call this between us?" Levi asked while moving his finger back and forth between them, Skylar looked down at the floor.

"Levi its nothing just let it go okay" Skylar said while biting down on her lip.

"Skylar you can't call whatever is happening between us nothing. I'm falling in love with you and I want you to trust me, I will care for you and protect you, stop pushing me away I know you have feelings for me too" Levi said while rubbing Kayden's back with his hand. "Come on Skylar you can't let what that guy did to you stop you from loving someone else , what about kayden" Levi paused "what if he didn't call me daddy he would've grown up without a father"