chapter 28

Skylar had just gave Kayden a bath. She made him his bottle then placed him down on the couch "taaa" he grabbed the bottle then shove the nipple in his mouth.

"Aww you are welcome baby" she cooed then kissed his cheeks. Levi walked into the room then sighed.

"You're home" Skylar whispered when Levi sat down in the couch beside Kayden.

"Yeah I'm really tired too" Levi said then sighed. Kayden climbed on top of Levi's lap then laid his head on Levi chest. "Why are you so attached to me?" Levi asked then kissed the top of Kayden's head.

"He really loves you he was never that close to Eth" she said then smiled. " Levi do you want anything to eat" Skylar asked and he nodded.

"I'll just have a snack" Levi said, nodding her head she left. Kayden was finished with his bottle, he gave it to Levi then smiled. "Okay Kayden show daddy what you can do" he said then placed Kayden down on the floor. "Walk for daddy" he said while holding on to Kayden's hands. He let go of his hands and he just stood there. Kayden looked at Levi with so much happiness in his eyes. "Come on you can do it" Levi encouraged him. Kayden move is foot forward and Levi's eyes widen. "Skylar you should come see this!" Levi shouted.

Skylar came running into the room with the chips in her hand. Kayden took another step and Skylar squealed startling Kayden, he didn't know whether to feel happy of frightened that his mommy was shouting. Kayden walked into Levi's arms. "Oh my god my baby is getting so big" Skylar cooed. Levi lift him off the floor kissing both his cheeks. Kayden giggled then clapped his tiny hands.

"I'm so proud of you Kayden "Levi whispered, Skylar took Kayden from Levi giving him kisses all over his face. As Levi watched both of them he thought about how happy he would be if they were a happy family. Skylar handed Levi his chips then sat beside him.

"I can't believe my baby just took his first step" Skylar hugged Levi and he nodded. Pulling back she opened the bag of chips.

"I thought you brought this for me" Levi said and Skylar giggled then placed the chip in her mouth. Something just clicked in Levi's head, shoving his hands in his pocket he took out the chain. "Skylar here" Levi handed it her and she took it.

"Oh my god where did you find it?" She asked then placed it towards her chest.

"That's a surprise" he said and she smiled then hugged him really tight.

"Thank you Levi I thought I would've never gotten it back. I really love this chain my mom gave it to me" her face sadden and Levi kissed the top of her head.

"Someone said that they wanted to meet you but it's a surprise" Levi said and Skylar looked up at him really confused.

"Who, is it Nova?" She asked, getting a little excited. Levi shook his head and she cocked one eyebrow up.

"Levi I don't know anyone else, can I atleast get a clue?" She asked and he nodded.

"You both went to the same foster home" Levi said and Skylar just looked at him clueless.

"Levi I don't know anyone at my foster home I never had any friends, are you trying to trick me?" Skylar was getting a little worried.

"He said his name was Jake he said you and him were like brothers and sisters back at the foster home, he was the one that gave me that chain and said I should keep it as a surprise" Levi never liked keeping secrets.

"Is he tall, has black stright hair, umm... brown eyes?" Skylar asked hoping he would say no. When Levi nodded she felt like the blood drained from her body.

"Skylar what's wrong?" Levi asked while staring at her, she looked really scared and he didn't know what to do then it clicked in his head. "Is it Ethan?" He asked and she nodded , tears filled her eyes and she started crying.