chapter 22

The next day Levi came back from work feeling a little tired. Walking into the kicked his shoes off then placed his bag down. He was planning to go upstairs to check if Skylar felt better when he heard talking coming from the living room. "I wonder if Skylar went back to her room" he whispered as he walked into the living room. Looking around the room he spotted Skylar seated on the couch and Kayden in his baby walker. Levi cleared his throat, both Skylar and Kayden looked up. Kayden started smiling while pumping his legs and moving his arms up and down.

"Someone's happy to see you" Skylar laughed and Levi smiled then walked over to him. Picking him up Levi kissed his cheek.

"I'm happy to see you too" Levi chuckled then sat down beside Skylar.

"I take it that you guys had a good time yesterday," Skylar said and Levi nodded.

"Yeah about that Kayden said something yesterday but I'm not sure what was he trying to say," Levi said then paused.

"What did he say?" She asked while playing with Kayden's hands.

"He said daaaa what do you think he meant?" Levi asked and Skylar started laughing.

"Levi, Kayden says daaa all the time it doesn't mean that he's calling you daddy or whatever" she laughed in his face and Levi rolled his eyes.

"Why are you laughing it's not funny," Levi said then placed Kayden down in his baby walker.

"It's just that you thought Kayden was calling you dada, he doesn't even know that word because I didn't teach him. Maybe he was pointing at something then he said daaa or looking at something" she said.

"He wasn't pointing at anything Skylar he was looking at me and he said daaa" Levi was getting a little upset and Skylar rolled her eyes.

"There's no need to get upset Levi you're not his father. Even if he did call you dada it doesn't mean anything and he'll grow out of it" Skylar said and Levi nodded. He knew she was right about not being Kayden's father so he kept his mouth shut. He felt a little hurt that she had to say it like that but it was the truth he's not the father of Kayden. He was starting to love Kayden. Stella ran into the living room and everyone turned their gaze to her.

"What happened Stella," Levi asked.

"You guys need to see this" Stella grabbed the remote from off the tabled then turned the tv on. "Levi it's about you and Kayden," she said and Skylar knitted her eyebrows together in confusion. She wondered how could Kayden be involved in what's happening.

* rumor has it that Levi Pierce has a son do you think this is true*

°I don't know, might be true but are we sure the baby is his°

*of course he's a billionaire he's going to get a DNA test to see if the baby is his or not. And I'm sure it's his because we've seen Levi with this baby all the time*

°you're right we even caught him at the park yesterday, oh my god he looked so hot with the baby in his arms did you see the way his muscles flex when he held the baby in the air, he even kissed the baby's cheek only a father would do that°

*Yeah if I was with a man like that I would thank God every day*

°who do you think the mother of the child is?°

*maybe the prettiest woman you've ever seen in the world*

°you're right I would love to see her. Well let's keep an eye out for her, if you want to hear more juicy news watch CRN at 8 and check out our website°

Stella turned off the tv and Skylar turned towards Levi. "Oh my gosh, Levi how could you let them take pictures of Kayden?" She asked and Levi's eyes widen.

"I didn't hear see anyone taking pictures Skylar I saw I would've left or done something," Levi said and tears filled Skylar's eyes.

"I can't believe I let you take Kayden to the park this wouldn't have happened" she sniffed.

"Skylar I didn't know, that's what paparazzi are for they sneak up on people, take photos then gossip about them," Levi said and Skylar rolled her eyes.

"What if Ethan sees he's going to know where I am then he's going to look for me and hurt me, I'm scared" she cried and Levi sighed.

"Skylar I'm not going to let him hurt you trust me," Levi said while trying to calm her down.

"No he'll find me and beat the hell out of me then he's going to hurt Kayden I can't do this I need to leave" she began to panic then stood up. Levi stood the held on to her arm. "This all my fault I shouldn't have let this happen I have t-" she was about to say when Levi kissed her. She stopped panicking then relaxed. He moved away from her and she stared into his eyes.

"I did that to calm you down and shut you up," he told her "Skylar I'm not going to let him hurt you I promised," he said then placed both his hands on her cheek.

"You're right I should trust you" she whispered and he nodded then wiped her tears.

"Let me go get you some water," Levi said then left. Skylar sat down on the couch she took a deep breath then exhaled.

"Omg Levi kissed you, how was it?" Stella squealed and Skylar cocked one eyebrow up.

"Umm... it's just a kiss Stella" she blushed, she didn't realize how soft Levi's lips were against her. She liked the kiss but she didn't want anyone to notice. "It meant nothing" she whispered.

"Yeah right, it's just a kiss" she mocked and Skylar rolled her eyes.

"Here" Levi handed the water to Skylar and she took it then nod as a thank you.

"Mama" Kayden called with his arms outstretched. Skylar walked over to him then picked him up. She hugged him close to her chest then kissed the top of his head.

"I won't let anyone hurt you okay, I know leaving Ethan was a mistake and if anything happens I'm leaving you with Levi" Skylar whispered to herself.
•••••••••••••••••••••••
Ethan POV coming up

THANKS FOR READING

PLEASE COMMENT

AND VOTE 😲