chapter 49

2 weeks

Levi held a small box in his hand while staring down at it. He opened it and smiled when he saw the ring inside. He wanted to propose to Skylar but he had to wait since this wasn't the right time. He'll give it a few more weeks or months before he propose to her. He heard footsteps coming down the stairs and he close the box then quickly put it away. He looked up and he saw Skylar coming down the stairs. "Good morning" he whispered then smiled. She walked over to him then sat down beside him.

"Good morning" she said then yawned. She laid her head on his shoulder and he kissed the top of her head.

"How did you sleep?" He asked and she looked up at him then smiled.

"Good" she simply said then snuggled into him. Why were you up so early Levi? I realised when you left the room this morning" she asked.

"It was nothing I just went to my office to work on a few stuff" he told her and she nodded. "Are you hungry?" He asked her and she shrugged her shoulders

"Not really" she said and he nodded. Elijah walked into the room with a smile plastered on his face.

"Good morning I've got some good news for the both of you" he said while smiling from ear to ear. Levi wondered what Elijah was going to say. Skylar sat up and waited for Elijah to speak.

"Ethan killed himself" he said and Skylar gasped then turned towards Levi. "After I dropped him off a week ago, they locked him you my friend was about to go to court and tell them everything that the bastard did to you. Ethan thought he got away but no, no" Elijah said then paused "the police told me that he got a call from someone and they might have threatened him about something I don't know what it was but he was scared shitless" Elijah and Levi chuckled at the same time.

"The police said that when they found him he had a rope wrapped around neck and he was hanging from the ceiling" Elijah said and Levi felt please that he wasn't alive anymore.

"Levi did you have something to do about this?" Skylar asked hoping that he would say no.

"Skylar no you told me not to do anything after he goes to jail, I never called him or went there to speak to him trust me" he said then stared into her eyes while caressing her cheek. She leaned into his touch then nodded.

"It wasn't Levi, you remember that girl that he married to her name is um.... Camila" he said then snapped his finger. "Her dad was the one that called him and threatened that he was going to kill him for what he had done to his daughter" Elijah said and Skylar's gave him a small smile

"I should've been the one to kill that bastard" Levi said and Elijah nodded "anyways I'm glad he's taken care of now Skylar can feel safe and okay" he said then pecked her lip.

"Well I need to get going my wife is in the car, wouldn't want her to get mad at me for taking too long" Elijah said then smiled and left.

"Are you happy that he's no longer living my love?" Levi asked and nodded then kissed him. Kayden started crying and Skylar pulled away. She stood up and walked up the stairs, Levi also following behind. They went into the nursery and they saw Kayden standing in his crib while sucking his pacifier.

"Mama" he said with his arms outstretched. Skylar picked him up then kissed both his cheeks. He smiled when he saw Levi behind Skylar. "Da da dada" he called.

"Are you hungry Kayden" Levi asked and he nodded his head. They left the nursery and went back downstairs to the dining room where they're breakfast was placed infront of them.

"Thank you" Skylar said to Stella and she nodded and smiled. Levi placed Kayden down in his highchair and he began eating with his tiny fork. "Eat up baby" she cooed then took a sip of her coffee.