34. Moron

-Jaden-

-Jaden-

I had no idea why I came to school. I wasn't going to come. I was even ready to fight my dad about it. But I still came to school... I didn't even put up a fight.

At school I, of course, regretted being there, especially when both Tilly and Arch went to find Oliver. It didn't take long for Tilly to return to me.

"Really?" I muttered in annoyance when I saw her prancing towards me with a chocolate bar in her hand. I could smell the original owner of it across the hallway. "He's now bribing you with chocolate?"

"You're just jealous that you didn't get one," Tilly said and unwrapped the bar.

I showed my tongue at her, and tried to ignore her. It wasn't easy because I could smell Oliver all over her. I expected her to start nagging about talking with Oliver, but she was completely focused on her chocolate. It didn't take long, until Arch showed up as well, munching his chocolate.

"Bunch of lapdogs..." I muttered and crossed arms over my chest.

"Here's yours," Arch said, and threw one at me. I grabbed it out of pure instinct, and glared at him.

"I didn't ask for one," I snapped at him.

"Well," Arch said and leaned against the wall next to me. "Your not-mate seems to be the kind of guy who likes to make people happy without anyone asking him to."

I wrinkled my nose at him, and turned to look away.

"I had a little chat with him," Arch continued, but I didn't turn to look at him. "He's taking things pretty well. Asked me about Echoes because he has no one else to turn to."

I was sure the last part was aimed at me as a hint to go talk to the guy.

"That's an odd question," Tilly said.

"Well, not really, taken the fact there's Echoes everywhere," Arch replied to her.

"I guess you're right. Echoes are just boring, but I guess a newbie like him can find them interesting," Tilly spoke.

"Anyway – he doesn't seem too freaked out. Unlike some people..." Arch said.

I was glad that class started at that moment. I really didn't want to continue with the topic.

Once the class was over, and all three of us left the room, the first thing I did was to make sure I was walking away from Oliver. Tilly and Arch both knew I was doing it on purpose, but they didn't mention it – they were only giving me the stink-eye.

I spent the entire break making sure I stayed far away from Oliver. I was sure he would come looking for me now that he knew bribing my friends didn't work. If he thought he could make my friends drag me to him again, he was wrong. I was sure he had other devious plans to corner me, but there was no way he could do that. I was a werewolf after all.