Pt. 5

Y/n POV:
"Hi" the stranger says. He looks like the guy I saw in the corner. To my surprise, he's not drunk. Somehow I seem to analyze almost everything about his outward appearance before he even gets the word "hi" out. His cheeks a flushed red. He lightly smells of smoke and a sickening sweet pot smell from being inside. His hair is tousled about, a few loose curls are falling on his forehead. His teeth just arranged perfectly in his mouth. His lips are extremely chapped from the cold whether. "Hi..." I answer back. Despite all of the analyzing, it's been about 2 seconds. He steps a bit closer to gaze at the scenery. He stands close, but not too close. "I'm Shawn by the way" he says stuttering a bit and then lightly giggling at himself. I don't why I'm finding this so adorable. I'm starting to realize how tall he is...he's like a soft giant. My eyes drift downwards to see his tattooed hand sticking out to shake mine. I shake it and quickly glance back up. "Y/n." I say sincerely. We turn back to face the sky and it's quite for just a second. "What brings a mysterious guy like yourself who appears to be popular and all the party rage outside being all anti-social?" I say trying to start a conversation. He laughs and says "well, there's a lot wrong with that question, but I could ask you the same thing." Giving me a side eye glare jokingly. "Actually, are you new here? I mean, this kinda thing is usually our usual crowd and I've never seen you before here." He says with a lot of curiosity might I add. "I-" before I can answer he cuts me off. "Wait wait,-" He says holding up a finger in the air "- your somebody's girlfriend and they're drunk and your smart enough to get away eh?" He says while very jokingly. I start practically cackling and his Canadian accent. He looks so confused and it's honestly hilarious. "What are you laughing at? Was I that funny? Dang...I'm very proud of myself." He says puffing up his chest in a jokingly manner. Catching my breathe I manage to get out "no- it's-I- YOUR ACCENT" I practically yell the last part...oops. "I'm sorry but it just kills me. But yes I'm new. I'm a transfer student from New York actually. Writer in training" I say while lifting my water in the air. "Well 1. If my accent makes you laugh then I shouldn't stop talking then now should I? 2. Well, I can tell that you're already gonna fit right in." He says with a big grin on his face. As I'm about to reply the door opens. "Y/N! There your are!! Allison wants you to come play this game with us." Eli says as he sticks half of his body out. "I'll be right there!" I say as he closes the door. "Well, I guess this is goodbye for now Yorkie." Shawn says. "Yorkie? Where'd that come from. Well, you're from New York, and you're tiny and cute like the breed of dog...shush it sounded better in my head." He says his cheeks heating up with redness of embarrassment. "No no, I like it..." I say biting my lip involuntary to keep from laughing. He puts his hand up as a solemn wave and says "until next time Yorkie!" "Til next time idiot" I say shaking my head as I close the door. The rest of the night was a complete blur. I couldn't really focus. I didn't see Shawn again the rest of the night. The last thing I remember before leaving was Allison helping me take of my makeup. I wasn't drunk or high, I was just. So. Tired. I head hits the pillow and I'm out.

Shawn POV:
Wow. That's all I can say. I noticed how her hair flowed messily down her back. How her eyebrows were imperfect in a perfect way. The way she had on almost no makeup. Just a bit to cover up so pimple here an there. Her bright blue eyes and long eyelashes. The way she smelled. She smelled of.., I can't even describe that it was so lovely. A sugarspun peppermint cloud. That's the best I can do. She shot my head all twisted up and I can't think straight. This is so new to me, but also not. I'm honestly shook that this is even happening. I just can't comprehend this girl. Don't even ask about Yorkie...but it went better than expected. I didn't even mean to say it. It just slipped out. She's just so...her. That's all. She's herself. That's all I want her to be, that's all she is. I adore that factor in a person. I just adore her in general I think. Yep definitely. I had to leave right after I met her. I wanted to stay, but I couldn't. I just couldn't. I needed to think and that wasn't the place. I hoped she was okay. Now I'm sitting her in my apartment thinking of this girl who I don't even know her last name, how old she is, or anything. She's got me wrapped around her finger. Is she okay? Wait of course she is. Was she there alone? Did she get drunk and can't drive herself back. Should I drive back? No. Maybe I should just call Micah...he's to out of his head at the moment probably. I just need to sleep. I need to take a break. From life, school, from her...from everything. I lay my head flush with the pillow as my eyes slowly close. You know, apparently it's s fact that if you dream about someone they're thinking of you too. Well, that night the first and only person I dreamt of, was Y/n.

Insta: once_upon_a_shawn_