Pt. 20

Shawn POV:
Wow my head hurts. I hate myself so much for last night. Why did I call her? I will say, that was one heck of a dream I had. I wish that was real life. Speaking of real life, this bed feels a lot harder than it used to be. Wait where am I? Why am I on the floo- who's breathing? At that moment I feel a slight scratch on my head. I raise my head up slowly a touch fearful to open eyes to reveal who this mystery person is to me. I open my eyes to find Y/n, fast asleep. It couldn't be. This isn't real. Last night wasn't real! It couldn't have been? Was it actually real? I don't want to ask her. To distract myself, I jsut take a moment to admire her. Her cheeks are a stained with dried tears. She looks just like in my dream. As beautiful as ever. With a big tee shirt that swallows her whole, sweatpants, her hair thrown up on top of her head in a messy fan like shape, hand resting right where my head was when I woke up. Just like my dream. Her shirt is even clutched like in my dream when is held her shirt so tight with my hand for fear she might fade away. There's even a few remnants of slightly damp tears on her sweat pants that are just barely visible. It couldn't be real. I try to tell myself trying to justify that I could never have her. She's too amazing. She's too perfect for me. I'm broken and she's fixing me. Slowly. Piece by piece. Rome wasn't built in a day right? Well...I was built one night....but let's not into the anatomy how a child is made. Could it be that it was all real? Could it beak the she IS rebuilding me? Am I rebuilding her too? She seems so strong. I guess she has to be. Will she remember? Will she remember anything that happened last night? Do I play along like I know or not? I genuinely hate myself so much right now. Why? Because I always hate myself. "Mmh" I hear her slightly mumble reaching up to rub her eyes. Her eyes gently flutter open to meet mine. She just stares at me. As if she knows what I know. As if to stay "I told you'd I'd be here." She did promise. And dang well did she fulfill. She gently reaches her arms towards me. She makes a grabby motion with her a hands. "Come ere'" she gently mumbles shortening the "here" I slowly move towards her and wrap my arms around her and bury my face in her neck. From shame, from love, and from just the need to be close to her. I still don't realize she's real most of the times. I genuinely think she's an angel. She lightly scratches my head. She says, "I'm assuming by that mental warfare going on your head you remember more than you thought about last night." She knows? "Wh- what? How do yo-" "I can see right through you Mendes. I understand you for a reason. I take the time to analyze you. To study you. To constantly understand you. I know you." She says. "I have one question." I ask. She motions a "go ahead" with her hands. "Are you real?" I ask bluntly. She chuckles a bit and answers by saying, "yes in real you dork. I meant what I said last night. I do love you." She- she said it. She actually said it. I probably look like an idiot just staring at her. "I love you t-" I'm cut off by her lips crashing to mine forcefully. It takes me by surprise, but it feels so natural. She smiles into the kiss by my actions. I grab her hips to pull her up a bit. I mean, she is laying now on her stomach after she jut lunged forward to kiss me and I pull her up to her knees so she's more comfortable. The whole time I'm thinking "this can't be real. This isn't real. Just shut up you stupid idiot and look at yourself. You're kissing the girl of your dreams. I pull apart to say something, "I just...I can't have labels right now. I'm sorry I just can't right now. But, for now, if you don't mind....you're mine." I say before she cuts me off again with more kisses. You got the girl Mendes.

Y/n POV:
I'm back at my the dorm. I had to fly down the highway to get back before 10 like I told Allison. I quickly part and swiftly run up the stairs because the elevator just HAD to be broken. I pull out my key and turn it in the bronze lock to see Allison standing there with her arms cross like a mom who just caught her kid coming home after curfew. "Well well well. Look who we have here. First of all, WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK WAS THAT? Where did you disappear to in the middle of night? Why was Shawn's so important to go to in the middle of the night?!? And why didn't you answer my calls all morning? Eli's been texting me like crazy because you haven't been answering him, Sabrina needs to know where you are so bad she texted ME because you weren't answering and you and her have a project to work on this afternoon! Plus I'm pretty sure she just wants to rant to you about Eli being a jerk. Plus, you have class in two hours!" She says full of concern, anger, and confusion. "Listen, I can explain everything. I swear, give me 20 minutes to explain." I say trying to ease my way into the conversation. For a 4'11 tiny little adorable Asian girl she can be VERY intimidating. "15..." 45 minutes later I'm done explaining, and I've answered all her questions. She's agreed to not tell anyone and all that. She's much calmer now. I responded to Sabrina and Eli when something clicked that didn't make sense. "Wait, Ally why is Eli being a jerk to Sab exactly? I mean, is it more than just his normal jerky-ness?" I ask her very confused. "You don't know? How? It's so obvious!!"

Hehehe!! Cliff hanger! All the other characters will be more active in story from this chapter on. There might be a few gaps in chapter where they're not as present because it's gonna focus on mostly Shawn and Y/n, BUT there's drama coming and a lot of it!!!