Pt. 16

Shawn POV:
"Eli?" I say questioning. He never talks to me. I'm pretty sure he's starting hating me for some reason recently. It's actually pretty random. We used to be pretty close buddies, but within the past like....2 week maybe? He's just started being an idiot. I've tried talking to him, I've tried calling and asking what the heck is wrong with him, but he's just against it. Which is pretty stupid if you ask me. Like honestly. Man up and be human for once for God's sake. "Where you headed bro?" He asks me almost as if he knows. "Oh Y/n and I were uh...going to meet up and catch up on what happened with Allison. She wanted me to like...tell her about school and stuff...why are you acting exactly?" I ask kinda concerned...for myself really.
"Oh no reason...it's just you and Y/n have been spending a lot of time together ya know? I was just wondering if y'all were like...a thing. If ya can't tell, I'm trying my luck on the situation. I know she loves me bro, so back off. Like for real. You should just stop now cause it's never gonna happen." He says with a sick grin on his face. "Yeah....okay uh I'll see you later I guess. Bye bro." I say hoping to escape.
"Uh-uh. You aren't going no where." He says as he grabs collar and turns me around. "I said, you and Y/n are never gonna happen as long as long as I'm here.  I don't care what happened to you in the past. This is now. These past four years all you've done is go soft and distant and NOW you wanna come in claiming girls? Not cool bro." He half yells. "THEY'RE NOT PROPERTY! WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT BRO?" I practically scream at him.
He doesn't say anything. He just stares at me. Then I feel sharp pain in my head. He punched me. He really punched me. My old best friend punched me in my face. My eyebrow and nose is bleeding. I turn back at him as he speaks: "you're right Mendes. Girls aren't property. So maybe you should settle down and back off what's mine." He say leaving me there with a shocked expression on my face as I just stand there stunned. No matter what just happened I have to go clean up and get to Y/n. I don't care what he says. I'm going and nothings stopping me from protecting her from that idiot.

*time skip to when they meet on there friend-date-thingy!!*

Y/n POV:
Should I call him? No no Y/n! It's only been five minutes....besides. I ran late myself. I was talking with Ross for a bit longer than I should've. Wait...could he have left waiting for me? Surely not. BRAIN STOP! My thoughts consume me. They eat me from the inside out yet no one can ever tell. I hear a ding signaling the door for this cafe place opened. That's when I spot a boy. With fluffy brown hair. Red cheeks. I senile jacket. A rushed smile on his face. With a bruised nose and an eyebrow cut. What on earth happened to my Giraffe? What am I even saying. His face lights up when he sees me, but seconds later realizes my look of confusion on my face.
"Shawn? What on earth happened?" I ask full of concern with a but of a rise in my voice. "Heyyy Yorkie!-" He says dragging out the 'eyyy' - sorry it's nothing. Just a little disagreement with some idiot. It's nothing I swear!" He says with partially calms me. "Are you sure? Do you need to bandage it up? I don't want you to get and infection and-" "and what? Ruin my beautiful face that you can't stop starring at? Hm?" He says cockily. "I-uh-I-" my words are being twisted and nothing seems to come out right. That's when the universe saves me from his smug stare that I think has burned whole through my head. The waitress comes up. "Hi! What can I get this lovely couple today?" She says a bit of perk in her voice. "Oh we're not-" and Shawn cuts me off swiftly. "Why thank you! We'll have two iced teas with two muffins. Chocolate chip to be am exact." He says adding the last bit on as if it's the most important thing ever. What is this boy on? Like dang. He's more confident than I thought. She writes it down and goes gushing to her co-worker. "Why the heck did you say that?!?" I ask a bit of anger in my voice, but also a hint of happiness. "Because. Her coworker chick over there has been starring at me since I walked in. I also over heard He her saying to ask if we were a thing when I was walking over here. "Oh...okay." I say satisfied with his answer, but a bit sad. I don't know what answer I was expecting exactly. I don't really think I knew what to expect. He laugh out head of and talk about random things. From our pasts to music to exams. He never told me about anything Allison mentioned, and I didn't except him too. But is it bad I want him too? He walks me out the door after he pays and tries to be all 1950's lovey dovey. He offers to drive me back and say money on Uber, yet I argue. I can tell how tired he is. He needs a break. Despite the deep urge to want to say yes and be so close to him for another half an hour, I say no. He waits til my Uber arrives, and I'm stunned with who it is.

IG|| once_upon_a_shawn_
A/n:  okay but why do I actually like this chapter? Also, ALLISON AND SABRINA HAVE NOT DISAPPEARED! I've left them out of part of the story on purpose. They'll  be back! Along with maybe a few other characters😈