Pt. 22

Y/n POV:
I stare down at the ground as I watch my feet move in front of the other in a swift motion. I watch my shoe laces on my black converse that I've had since 9th grade bounce up and down. So many thoughts run through my head. I come to an abrupt stop as I stare in the glass in front of me to see a short bleach blonde haired girl, bright read lipstick slighted smudged on her teeth, grinning from ear to ear while waving frantically at me. God be with me. I put my hands on the cold gold metal door hands as I push it open. The bell on the little cafe rings as a worker gazes over at me and give me a wave. I smile at her a walking over to Sab. Honestly the walk felt like a walk of shame, but more of a marathon of shame. I hope that makes sense...anyway. My thought are interrupted by her greeting me. "Y/n!! Hi! I'm so happy we can finally hang out for a bit and work on this. I've needed some girl time." She says with a sigh as she pulls out the binder we've been using, as I pull out my laptop. "Nice to see you too Sab. Sorry I've been kinda MIA lately....it's just been pretty crazy. Ya know, swamped with end of semesters stuff, I've got a huge bio thing coming up and I-" "and of course you're busy with Shawn" she says giving me a sly smirk as if to say "mwhaha" "how- how do you know?" I ask cautiously. "Ah aha ah, you didn't think I was gonna tell that easily were you? Don't worry. I just pick up on things. Maybe it's witchcraft, maybe it's me." She a she begins to talk about the 1820's for our project. I swear this girl kinda freaks me out. Some time later after boring talk is over, she chimes in with the thing I wanted to avoid most. Him. "So, Eli talks about you a lot. Y'all close?" She says pressing her red lips together in a straight line while averting her eyes back to the computer screen. "Oh uhm...we're chill. He talks to me more than him I guess." I say in probably the most awkward way possible. "Listen babe, this isn't my first rodeo. No matter how childish and innocent you think I am, I'm not. So listen, I know Eli is practically infatuated with you. I know you hate yourself for not realizing it, I know you feel creeped out about him now, I know you don't want to talk about him. Frankly i don't want to talk about him either." She says like she's known all along. Like she can see right through me. That's not comforting...but, at the same time, it is.
"I-" "shush. I know you girl. It's okay. Let's not talk about it." She says flagging down a waiter with some coffee before I have to go. A half an hour passes and I lean over to hug Sabrina. "Thank you. Really." I say sincerely. "Anytime WITCH" she says laughing her head off. I begin walking over to a bus station. I've learned to not bother with Uber's anymore after that incident.
I fiddle with the necklace that Ross gave me as I feel the cold metal on my neck. That's when I get an idea. I check my watch and spot I have just enough time to run home. So, I literally run to my dorm. I hurry up the stairs and thank God Allison's not here to ask questions. I reach under my bed a pull out a box. A box I haven't look into in years. I run my finger over the label. It reads: "Y/n and Maya<3" I pull out a old cassette tape. With the title that reads "Use Somebody~acoustic cover by Maya and Y/n '10" 2010 feel alike ages ago. I pull out a old white guitar pick. Marked with sharpie on one side "Maya" written in cursive and "Y/n" also written in cursive on the other side. Then, I pull out a journal. "Y/n & Maya's~ DO NOT TOUCH" I flip through and find poems, drawing, water colors, stories, projects, chords, notes. Then, my eyes fall upon the thing I've been searching for. I look down at my wrist a look at the matching bracelet in the box. It's a leather braided bracelet, with two small clear beads separating the main one. A small wooden sun, aid in the middle of the simple bracelet. I look down at mine. It's the exact same, except, doesn't have a sun. My sun was stolen from me years ago. Until I met shawn. I didn't want to think about her, so I took it off. But here hers lays, right there, with my sun charm right beside it. That's can't be. I thought I through that away years ago. I don't even notice the tears falling from face until I pull out a photo. A photo of two young girls, and a woman. A woman who I can't bear to look at. I'm a moment of haste I grab the bracelet and shove it in my back pocket. I take out the charm in the box and leave it on my nightstand. Where eventually it'll fall off an ill forget about it. Forget about her. I carefully put the forbidden items back in the box and head off to Shawns. Minutes later I arrive at the door. I'm met with an adorable tall boy smiling like an idiot down at me. "Hi..." he breathes out. "Hi dork" I say leaning up to give him a kiss on the lips. His hands instantly find my waist as mine find his curls. He spins me around and pulls away. Thankfully, my tears have dried because I honestly don't want to talk about. I look up at the most perfect human that could ever exist smiling down at me. "Hungry?"

Woohooooo I wrote this in a hour that NEVER happens what is wrong with me. Like wowza for once it didn't take two days to write something that's new😂
IG|| @ once_upon_a_shawn_
Twitter|| @ once_upon_a_sm