Pt. 8

Shawn POV:

"H-hello?" I answer hesitantly.
"Oh haha I apologize I think I got the wrong number!" A girl with a bubbly personality answers. "Who are trying to reach hun?" I ask smiling and giggling a bit at her laugh. "Uh this is Y/n Y/l/n I'm looking for Sabrina. I doubt she's here"
My breathe hitched and I stubble back a bit. "Wait, Y/n you said? It's Shawn!" If that isn't a coincidence I don't know what is. What am I doing! I swore I would get her out of my head! "Shawn? Like, the Shawn I met on the balcony Shawn? Like, 'Yorkie' Shawn?" She questions with excitement in her voice. I chuckle at the ridiculous nickname I gave her.  "Dang woman how many Shawn's do you know?"
I ask laughing my head off at her rapid questions. "Only one. He's a fluffy giraffe." She says extremely calmly, yet clearly hiding her laughter.
"You know what? I'm gonna take that as a compliment." I say trying to sound all buff and proud.
"I'll be honest, I'm very happy it was you on the other end of this phone. Sabrina is my partner on this Socialism class that we have. But what a surprise! Sadly I do have to find Sabrina's actual number so we can meet up and work on this project!" She says. She cuts me off before I can speak with, "but hey, if you don't mind, I'd love to hang out with you sometime soon. You know, get to know someone other than Allison ahaha." She says with a chuckle. I mentally scream with joy and as my excitement continues, I realize it's been a while since I've replied. "Oh-I-sh-um-YES! I'm of course that sounds great! Does Wednesday afternoon work for you? Or whenever I guess..." I say scratching the back of my head realizing I'm rambling and probably sounding ridiculous. "Of course! That should be great! I'll text or call you figure some more details later today okay?" She replies. "Yes! That'll be great!" I respond with a bit too much enthusiasm. Right before she hangs up, she says "oh by the way, I'm 100% putting you in my phone as Fluffy Giraffe, so, you better put me as Yorkie!" She says with a nervous. "Will do prin-Y/n" I quickly cover myself. Wow that was close. We say over goodbyes and I just stare at the ceiling for what feels like ages. Did that just happen? God I'm an idiot. A happy idiot. Well. Until then, I have three days to regret my decision of saying yes. But until then, I also have three days to look forward to seeing Y/n again.

Y/n POV:
Woah...did I really just do that? Did I have courage? First of all, what the heck just happened?!?! I seriously somehow managed to call Shawn? How is that even possible? That's...practically insane. I don't even know if I can even consider that a coincidence, or just...a miracle? I don't even know what to call that. Regardless, I practically just asked this man to "hangout" what the heck was I thinking?
I feel like a complete idiot. But at the same time, I'm very proud of my self. Like, I never do that. I never have courage . Let alone enough to ask somebody who've I only met once out. Wait. Is this a date? I mean...technically it is...right? Oh God. Is it? What the heck did I just do. Well. There's no need to dread on it now.  It's already done. Until Wednesday, I'm not even going to think about it! I should really stop lying to myself shouldn't I? Whatever. I could care less. I've been lied to too many times to know the difference so. Now! I really need to find Sabrina. Finding her is what I need to dwell on right now. Not Shawn! Yes! Maybe Allison knows her. "ALLLLLLLLLLIIIIISONNNNNNNN" I scream at the top of my lungs.
"WHAT? ARE YOU OKAY? IS SOMEBODY IN THE HOUSE? WHAT HECK JUST HAPPENED?" She screams as she rushes out of the bathroom. Clearly she was in the shower because she's completely naked and her hair still has soap in it and she's dripping wet.
"HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH" I'm practically cackling like a witch at this point. As I'm laughing I clap my hands and clutch my stomach to try and calm down. Tears of laughter run down my cheeks and I look up to a pretty wet and frustrated Allison in front of me. "I'm sorry I'm sorry! I didn't know where you were so I screamed..." I say cracking a smile. "But it cant wait..." I continue still smiling like an idiot. "THE HECK IT CAN!!" She screams back as she's running back into the bathroom.
About half an hour later Allison comes out looking much better than before and fully clothed this time. "So. What on earth was so important?" She says giggling a bit.
"I was wondering if you knew anyone named Sabrina Robinson? She's supposed to be my partner for my socialism class, and we're supposed to work on this project together" I explain. "Oh. Um. Okay, well. Good news is Sabrina's actually a really great nice person and who actually does a bunch of work. The bad part, is, she hates me. Long story. But, if you're gonna work together, she won't work here while I'm here. I can explain more later, but I've got a date tonight!" She squeals. She gives me Sabrina's number and tells me that she's got a date with the little brother of a guy she met at the party a few days ago. I hug her and put the door she goes. I decide to go ahead and give Sabrina a call. "Hello?" She answer's with a touch of French accent. Well, this is Canada I suppose. "Hi Sabrina? I'm Y/n Y/l/n. I believe Mrs. Goldworth spoke with you about us being partners in Socials Class." I state fairly bluntly. "Oh my gosh! Yes! I've been dying to meet you! I looked for your number, but no one had it!" She says. We continue to talk about this project. I explain that I'm Allison's roommate, and she apparently has no issues with me, but definitely with her. We continue to chat and we're gonna work on this project tomorrow afternoon. I just hop on my laptop and listen to some Daniel Ceaser and Frank Ocean for about three hours until I get a text from Allison. Text Message From: Allisonnnnnnnnn💞
heuuyyy
Im a litle dink
Wh.y ar?e sidwalsk caled sidwlaks?
cin yo pick me uP?
i gót stoud up

Oh. My. God. Well, time to pick up a drunk girl.

Insta: once_upon_a_shawn_