Pt. 14

(A/N. I mention R5 in this chapter, and I also mention Ross Lynch, in this story, Ross isn't apart or R5 OR The Driver Era. He's just a normal person just like Shawn. Okay? Okay.😂 I'm sorry this has to be confusing. I've just recently been obsessed with the bands I loved as a kid, so I re introduced them. OKAY. Enjoy☺️)
Y/n POV:
I grab my AirPods and bag and literally rush out the door. What do I play when I need to smile? R5. More specifically, Smile, by R5. But really anything. I twirl and act like a fool as I rush down the hall of the dorms. I have like 17 minutes to get to a building that's 25 minutes away. Well. It's now or never. I blast my head phones at full volume and keep my head down with my hands in the pockets of my denim jacket. Allison left early this morning for her morning classes so I had no help really no emotional support this morning. I watch as my feet walk one in in front of the other. I didn't have time to put in my contacts this morning, so it had to be my glasses. The song changes to Preacher Man and my heart race quickens. I start walking a bit faster after I look at my watch. I look straight up at the sky for one second and: "oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" The guys says. Or at least that's what I can tell from reading his lips. Wait, Eli? I ran into Eli of all people? I take my AirPod out. "Eli! Hey! You're back soon. I guess...I mean, I've never had alcohol poisoning, but I-" he cuts me off. "Y/n. It's okay. I'm fine and there's nothing to worry about." He says with a soft, but stern expression. "Ha. Yeah I gotcha. I really hate to cut this short, but I have to get to class, and then meet up with Shawn later this afternoon. I'll try and find you later?" I say slowly walking away. "Yeah you and Shawn are really starting to become something eh?" He says with a flash of jealousy in his eyes with a touch of anger. "It's- no. It's not like that. It's really not I- no. It's not. I have to go!" I say running. Like, seriously running away. I look like an idiot. More than usual. Full on running like I'm in a marathon. Gosh I swear I'm gonna die. Building 36C.
I rush in through the doors and all eyes are on me. "Ms. Y/l/n. Pleased you joined us. I don't exactly know why you're in biology, but, you are. So take a seat next to Ross please." I boy across the room looks up with messy brown hair and dark brown eyes. He smiles through a corner of his mouth and waves. I realize I'm still standing in the same spot and I should probably move...yeah definitely. I I awkwardly walk over to where I'm supposedly sitting. "Hey. I'm Ross." The guy says with a big smile. "Y/n..." I say hesitantly furrowing my eye brows at his kindness, but smirking after to cover it up. He nods slightly and smiles just a touch before we turn our attention back to the professor.

Eli POV:
Mendes. Shawn Mendes. Why him? Why is she going out with him? Are they a thing or is that my imagination? They're definitely into each other right? What on earth does he have that I don't? I can give her so much more than him! Why on earth?! I know she loves me. You can love more than one person. She'll realize it eventually right? She has too. Meanwhile, Shawn's gotta learn to let go. I don't care what he's been through, what he's done, I don't care. He's learning how to let go of her. I'll make her love me. And after he breaks her heart, I'm gonna be there every step of the way to build her backup.

IG| once_upon_a_shawn_