Pt. 21

Ch. 21
Y/n POV:
"You don't know? It's is obvious!" Allison says in a shocked 'duh' tone. "I'm honestly so confused. What do I not know?" I say because honestly, I really don't know. "Eli. He's practically drools over you whenever he sees you. He's just using Sabrina to get close to you!" She says. "Wait wait, what? How is this possible? Just...how? Why?!? How do you know?" I ask extremely haste fully thoughts rushing to my head, anxiety washing over me instantly as my hands to start shake. I feel so stupid. Was I really that...captivated I guess by Shawn? What you don't know, is I never had a boyfriend. Ever. Shawn doesn't know that, and he's not going to for a while. Growing up like me was hard. No one cared. People only looked at my looks, my scars, how skinny I was, and then didn't give a crap about me. Meanwhile the girl they thought had it put together was a mess and an all around wreck on the inside. The saying don't judge a book by its cover? Well how about don't judge a person by their vibe they give you. "Look, it's okay. Sabrina told me. He's been acting weird. Only question about you, he's tried to ask what you've told her about Shawn, and I-" I cut her off. "Wait, Shawn? Why does he care about Shawn? I never even told Sabrina about any of that. I didn't even admit it to myself until today!" I practically scream. "Is he that much of a jerk psycho that someone who he suddenly didn't care about, he suddenly is obsessive over making sure he stays away from me? That explains why he was so weird the other day when he picked me up..." as I say that I think back to the day, I think about what happened to Shawns face, and I remember seeing that Eli had a slightly busted knuckle. I didn't ask him about it, nor did I put two and two together until now. HE DIDN'T. That's why Shawn was didn't want to talk about it. MY GOD HOW COULD I BE SO STUPID. I've been so off the wall and distracted lately. Allison trues to say something but I cut her off. "I'm really sorry, but I need to go and get to class. And hopefully not run into Eli..." I say as I grab my stuff and change quickly. I take a deep breathe through my nose and out my mouth as I close the door behind me. I slowly, but swiftly walk to the stairs when my phone rings. It's Shawn. I immediately hit the green button. "Hello?" I say curiously. "Hey bubs. I just wanted to call and tell you, well ask you if you wanted to come over tonight? Don't worry I'm not cooking I swear. If you don't that's oka-" I cut him off. "Shawn. I'd love too." I say. "Oh. You actually said yes...okay then! You sound out of breathe are you okay?" He says with quite a lot of excitement in his voice. "Yeah I'm fine I just need to get to class soon." I say honestly. "Okay then. I'll let you go. I'll se you around....5?" He asks. "Can't. I have a study thing with Sabrina from 3-5:30. 7?" "Works perfect for me." He says. "Oh! What are we having if you're not gonna burn down the kitchen?" I ask with a giggly tone. "You'll seeeeeee" He says like a child. "Ugh. Okay. I'll see you then. I lov- I'll call you later." I say. Why did I cover myself? There's no need for it anymore. It all honesty, it's hard to convince myself what love feels like. I haven't had in so long. It's so scary. Painful. Beautiful. Amazing. Awful. Yet this is it. I deny the word "love" because of how terrifying it is. I put in my headphones and keep my head down as I play some music that instantly makes me happy. The first three songs that come on are Lauv: I like me better, Queen: killer queen, and 5sos: the girl who cried wolf. This is already making me feel better. I keep my head down in hope to avoid any unwanted eye contact from anymore. *cough cough* Eli. I reach the Bio building and I see Ross on his phone, brown hair tossed messily. He's wearing a black hoodie with light wash ripped jeans. At this point he's my safe person from Eli. Or anyone for that matter. He's leaning against a concrete ledge-wall thingy. I take out my earbuds as I push myself on the wall beside him. "Boo." I say very blandly my words laced with sarcasm. "Well someone's Miss sunshine this keeping aren't you?" He says with the most stupid grin on his face. "Shush. If you knew the stuff that happened last night, PLUS this morning, you'd be like this. "And they say you have an afterglow after...ya know." He says with a smirk. I smack his arm "no you idiot." I say. "Uh huh. That's what they all sayyyyy. I'm just kidding sunshine I know you're not like that. And I already know for sure within 4 days of knowing you that you didn't go to a party, so what the actual heck happened?" "Sunshine? Thats new." "Ahhh avoiding my questions I see. And yes, that's your new nickname since your such a peachy sunshine full of enthusiasm in the morning." He says walking into the building with me swiftly following behind him. "You know you could've just said you didn't sleep well and I would've believed you ya know. Then I'd stop bugging you with questions. I look up at his y'all farmers with an obvious look on face as if to say 'really?' "Listen Preacher Man, we both know that's not true." "Ohhh I have a nickname now? Is it because I have such great advice?" He asks with that same stupid grin on his face. "No. It's because you're a little sinner with a sick mind." I say bluntly with a hint of humor. "Ouch. Very true though." He says turning around where is back faces the door pushing it open to reveal an empty class room. Class doesn't start for another half an hour anyway. I'm on my computer that I took out of my bag when Ross pulls another cause over to our section of the table. "Hi." He says as I look at him with the dumbest grin on my face. He's made a makeshift bed and apparently my lap is his pillow. "Well hello there." I say as he closes his eyes. I know he never actually falls asleep, but he leaves them closed. Before I know it, class is in session, and then it's over. Ross and I chat some afterwards. "Oh! Since I'm apparently Preacher Man to you all of the sudden, I gotta give you this." He says pulling off his silver stainless steal cross necklace chain. It honestly looks like something a soft, white boy, would wear trying to act cool. It's cute. "I think it's your vibe." He says nodding he head smiling. "Well I think then I deserve you something with a happy-go-lucky ran of sunshine to wear don't ya? I gotta find something...." I say pondering. I really do need to find something. Honestly, Ross reminds me so much of a friend I had back home. Ross is just...THAT friend that you can't get enough of. He makes you laugh, he's studio and ridiculous, yet he's there to listen and talk some sense into you. "Well I'll tell ya what, you have me something next class, and we can make a pact like in elementary school. Deal?" He says smirking. That's when I think of the time. "Sabrina!" I say out loud. He gives me a confused look as I mentally face palm. "I'm sorry! I gotta go. I have a study thing with Sabrina." He gives me an 'okay.' But then he stops me. "Wait do I know this Sabrina?" He asks. "Well I don't know. Short bob bleach blonde hair? Wears red lipstick almost everyday?" He ponders. "Yeah no I don't know her..." that's when I get an idea. But I'll think on that later. Ross and I say our goodbyes. Did I mention we planned to hang out this weekend? I think I should actually tell him what's going on, he and Allison are really the only one so trust. So I'll tell him the. Sabrina and Ross...it has a nice ring to it. I think o myself while contemplating how I'm going to handle this situation with Sab and Eli. Either she's gonna just bombard me with questions and comments, or she's gonna possess me like a witch. For my case, I hope that latter honestly. Here goes nothing.

Ohhhh sisses I'm so sorry I forgot to upload this here! I uploaded it on my Instagram earlier, but again! I'm sorry!!!! (For those who get the references in this chapter, can we please become best friends?)😂 also, this chapter is HIGHLY un edited so.... xx
insta|| @ once_upon_a_shawn_