Pt. 27

DISCLAIMER MUST READ
First of all, I would like to explain that there is no bashing of mental illnesses in this chapter. There are mentions a mental illnesses, because they are very serious topics that we should all take seriously, not joke about, not pretend that we have, and take seriously. I can't express enough how important it is to take there seriously. I Bring this disclaimer up just to express my opinion on the issue and I would like to say that this story is about two broken people to people who help each other they both need somebody so they both use each other isn't a trigger warning, this isn't any of warnings this is just a disclaimer to say how I feel about this chapter. So don't come for me because I mentioned the word mental institution or "mental illness" I'm not going to treat you any differently no matter your race religion I don't care I will not treat you differently because you are all lovely and beautiful and wonderful people OK now that's over with, let's move on with the story.

Y/n POV:
*ring* *ring* hm my phones ringing. It's probably Sabrina. I reach over and pick my phone up from my night stand. I put my computer down in process. "Incoming call from: Shawn🦒" I pick it up with suspicion. "Hey babe!" No reply. "Shawn?" "I'm here...listen. I-...I need help. I need you here. Aaliyah's been in a car accident...and I can't. I CAN'T TAKE IT!" He screams through out his sobs. "Shawn...hang on. I'll be right there. Wait, Shawn, you're family doesn't know-" "well they're going to find out. Please. I need you. I can't do this alone." He pleads. I huff out a breathe of air. "Okay...medical park?" "Hm" "I'll be right there. It's okay bubs. Just breathe okay." "Ok..." and with that I end the call. I throw my sheets off of me and I don't even bother to change out of my sweat pants. I grab my converse as usual and tie my laces in a double not. I throw on a clean sweat shirt which you can see my sports bra through, but who in the heck cares honestly? In a rush I stumble over my own feet. I say goodbye to Allison. I order an Uber on my phone because Allison has a family dinner she needs to go to soon. She offered to let me take the car and her just skip the dinner, but I wasn't going to let her do that. I grab my keys for the dorm and my bag. I throw some water and a few granola bars etc. in case Shawn needs to stay for a while, I can leave him with some stuff. Hospital food is expensive, gross, and disgusting. I shout goodbye through the small dorm and run full speed down the hallways to the elevator. I press the button for the first floor and I head on to the Main Street where I'm meeting my Uber. I pray it's not Eli. Oh god please don't let it be Eli. PLEASE. Oh my god. It's a girl. Whew. That was close. I should start riding with Lyft...hm. I make a mental note of that as I hop in the car. She has a septum piercing, bleach blond hair that's shaved on the sides. She's really, really, beautiful. I feel like I've seen her before..."Hey how's your day?" She says friendly. "Uh...could be better. My boyfriends sister just got in a car accident, so that's why I'm on my way there now." "Oh wow. Uh...is there anything I can do to help? I mean, I'm only an Uber driver, but..." "oh, uh thank you but I think I'm okay." I spot her tattooed arm and I admire them. She's wearing a MCR sweatshirt with black ripped jeans. I Spot a familiar sunshine leather bracelet I question "hey where did you get that it's a really pretty bracelet" Woman replies back "what oh this?" she says as she questions herself. "yeah it's just I have one kind of similar to it you could say" I reply back. she says "my sister. she and her friend made three of these and before she passed away she made me this. she gave it to me...it was like a pact... I'm sure you don't want to hear my whole life story though it's kind of stupid" could it be? "May I ask what your sisters name was?" I question. "Oh her name was Maya" she replies with a solemn face. I turn and look at her straight in the eye as we're parked at a red light. "Skye?" "Ye-yes?" She says almost as if se remembers me. "I'm...I'm Y/n. I'm your sister's best friend" I say with hesitation. She looks at me almost like I am insane for a split second and then her facial expression softens. "It it can't be is it really you?" She asks a tear spilling from her eye. The car behind us honks at us to move forward since the light has turned green. "Yes it's me...what are you doing here in Toronto?" I ask. " The bigger question is what happened to you! You look so good so different so grown-up! How old are you and how you look- UGH WOW! Sorry I just can't believe my eyes this is incredible! I can't believe after all these years that we lost touch that I found you in an Uber!!" She exclaims. " honestly sky I can't believe I found you either you look... Different, I mean, in a good way of course you could never look bad." I say covering up my mistakes. " oh believe me I know have changed I know I look... Very very different from when you last saw me eight years ago. If you can imagine mom was shocked of course. But that dream I had of getting into Julliard? Yeah well that went away when I tried cocaine for the first time. Everything I had worked for all through high school and middle school went away after Maya passed away. I got most of these tattoos in the back of gas stations. I had some... Interesting, you could say relationships with some guys that I don't wish to be associated with anymore. But I've been clean for two years, and I plan to stay that way. No, I know I still look very different and a little hard-core but that doesn't mean anything." she says looking at me sincerely. "So how are you? She says. "Well I'm good for the most part I wish I could say the three years I have not meant th well I'm good for the most part I wish I could say the three years I had in the New York mental institution or didn't happen after Maya's death but I think it kind of hit hard on all of us. And, you know I hate the word "amental institution" but that's what it was because my parents thought I was a freak for having some mental health issues. Honest, it's what I needed it helped me for the most part I mean, I am never actually going to get over it, but... I'm healthy I guess." Being as brutally honest as I can. " hey..." she says as she reaches over and grabs my knee. "Well I'm here now so how about we kind of get back in touch you know, go to lunch you keep writing Uber me to each other naturally... You know?" She says trying to brighten my spirits. By the time we get to the hospital, we exchange numbers and I hopped out of the Uber. I waved goodbye to skye as I hop out. Now it's time to go face Shawn.