Pt. 9

Y/n POV:
I grab the car keys from counter top. Luckily Allison took an Uber.
I rush to grab my bag and my jacket. I make sure to bring a big bottle of water for Allison. What the heck even happened? She said she got stood up. Well, I assume that's what that meant. I honestly have no idea what she said other than she was CLEARLY drunk. Thankfully the city isn't too far from campus. I shut the door and speed walk to the stairs. I type in her location that she managed to drunkenly send me into the GPS. I still have no idea where I'm going here, so I'm extremely thankful for google maps at this point. I hustle down the stairs and almost trip a few times. I just hope she hasn't moved or someone has taken her somewhere. I feel like an anxiety attack is about to happen thinking of her, but, that can't happen right now. I have to find her.
I'm search through the parking deck and find the small white car. I hop in and turn the key and start the ignition. God it's cold. I need heat. I blast the heat and turn on the radio. I flip through stations as I pull out of the parked space. I settle on Echosmith Over My Head. It's pretty late, and it's a Sunday. So, there's not a lot of traffic. It's almost 2 in the morning actually. I speed out of the parking deck and rush my way through the red lights into the city. There's a few people on the streets. Probably heading to work. My Aunt used to always work 3rd shift. I know this drill. I make a few turns and stop at some lights. The radio hums as I tap my fingers on the leather steering wheel to the beat of Diet Soda Society by The Maine. I spot a few different neon signs with the name of the bar Allison locations said. About that same time, my phone tells me "you have reached your destination!" Yeah yeah great whatever. I need to find Allison. I pull the car up in an open parking spot right at the front conveniently. What I didn't notice at the time was the broken glass bottle my tire crushed. I jump out of the car and search for Allison. I call out her name and as I do, a few drunks guy try to get my attention. I shrug them off and continue looking for Allison. I finally find her in the opening of the alley way at the side door of the bar. "Hey hey shhh. It's me it's okay. Let's get you home." I tell her reassuringly. I notice she doesn't have a jacket so I give her mine. I help her to the car and that's when I notice the bottle! Great. How am I supposed to get home now! There's only one person I can call I guess.

Shawn POV:
I'm awakened by my ringtone of Use Somebody by Kings of Leon ringing violently in my ear. Expecting it's a drunk Ian, I groan and look at the contact. I'm shocked when I read "Yorkie" as the contact. I instantly pick up not worrying about how tired I am. "Y/n? Are you okay? What's wrong?" I ask extremely concerned.
"No Shawn I'm not okay. Allison got stood up and got drunk and I had to go pick her up, but I ran over some glass and I didn't know who to call, and this is a really bad part of town I-"
"I'll be there in 10 minutes. Send me your location. I need to listen to me carefully. I need you to call a Tow Truck, get your things out of the car. Do you have jacket? It's cold outside. I'll bring you one anyway. But I need you to walk in front of the bar and find a bench close so I can find you. If anyone tries to touch you, or hurt you I-"
"I understand. Please hurry Shawn." She says understandingly.
"I'm coming as fast as I can darling." That last part slipped out...but I hang up and she sends me her location. I put on my shoe and put on my jeans and grab my fluffy jacket. I grab a hoodie to bring as well. I fumble with my keys as I lock the door. I run, literally run, to the elevator and rush to the parking deck of condo. I find my Jeep almost instantly and I rush to it. I jump in and immediately pull out. I run a hand through my hair and let out a frustrated huff of air. God I hope she's okay. I must be going at least 85 miles an hour and I honestly don't care. I just need her safe. I need her with me.  Like I said, i cut a twenty minute drive down to 10. I arrive and immediately jump out of the Jeep as soon as I find a parking spot. I spot my poor little Yorkie shivering outside, clutching Allison in her arms as she sobs on her lap. I rush over through the busy street to meet her. "Oh my god are you okay? Here take this sweatshirt. Oh my gosh Y/n you're freezing!" I say holding her hands close to my chest trying to warm her up. She told me she already called the Tow Truck and they said they'd call her tomorrow so she could the car back and fill out all the paperwork. I take Allison and carry her small drunkenly self to my Jeep. Y/n following closely behind clutch the sleeve of my jacket to make sure she doesn't get lost. I lay Allison in the back of the Jeep as she collapses in the seat. I turn around to face Y/n who's already saying how sorry she is and is mumbling about who knows what. I just wrap my arms around her to try and calm her down. "Hey it's okay. Shhh. Listen, if this anytime for you, anytime you need help, please call me. You're safe. Allison's safe. It's okay. Let's get you home okay?" I say pulling away slowly brushing the baby hairs off her tear stained cheeks. She nods slowly. She gets into the passenger side and sniffles a bit. I get in and the hum of the radio buzzed through the car almost not audible. I decide to ask something I wouldn't ask to just anybody. "Hey you seem pretty shaken up. Do you just wanna come back to my place? I'll sleep on the couch. It's not like that I swear. I'd just feel better knowing you safe." I ask. She clutches the hoodie and nods frantically as she pushes her hair away. "Hey it's okay-" I say giving her my hand so she has something to hold and fumbling with as her anxiety kicks in. I pull up to a red light. "You're safe love. It's all okay." I say making eye contact with her.
"JUST KISS EACH OTHER ALREADY LIKE GOD HAVE YOUR CUPID ANGEL MAKE THIS HAPPEN PLEASEEEEEE!!!!" Allison screams at the top of her lungs.
"Lights green. You should go." Y/n mutters so soft I can barely hear it, but she knows I did. I continue driving as Y/n clutches my hand close to her chest. Her breathing is the only sound that fills the car. I pull into the parking deck and just look at her. I look at the angel right beside me in my Jeep. "Gosh what are you doing to me?" I ask words less than whisper. I give her a kiss on the forehead as I unbuckle her sets and contemplate how the heck I'm gonna get a drunk girl and the sleeping baby girl beside in my condo.

☁️✨I think this is actually my favorite chapter I've written yet!! ☁️✨

Insta: once_upon_a_shawn_