Pt. 11

Y/n POV:
*warning: mentions of scars, anorexia, and a very very slight mentions of suicide (as someone who's been through some stuff like that, this isn't "romanticizing" it. It disgusts me people romanticize mental illnesses or worse.. so please, before you judge, read to understand where I'm coming from. OKAY ENJOY THE STORY♥️*
I'm somewhere in dreamland...how do I know? Well...currently I'm in a boat with Harry Styles. I DON'T EVEN LIKE HIM. WHAT THE ACTUL HECK I-
*ring. ring. ring.*
"What the?" I mumble clearly shocked and sleep deprived.
Why is *insert local hospital name😂* calling me?
"H-hello?" I question.
"Hello, is this Y/n Y/l/n? Uhm...a young gentleman named Eli was just admitted into the historical for alcohol poisoning. You were the one he called...and texted...many, many times may I add. He called 911, and then we found his laying on the ground outside an apartment complex unconscious. We thought we'd give you call...between us, I think he was drinking because of you. You just gotta trust me love." A middle aged lady says over the phone. I don't even know how to reply to that. How about I start with,
"WHAT" i scream immediately regretting that. Shawn's jumps up off the ground with a shocked and worried expression. I kick my feet out of bed as I'm talking to the lady. This has already been too much of a day...I don't even know why I'm going.
"I uh...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell, I'm just a bit shocked. Uhm...can you tell me his room number?"
"It's okay dear. I completely understand. Yes! He's in the ICU in room 93. (I REALLY HOPE SOMEONE GETS THAT HALSEY REFERENCE)
"Okay...thank you..." I say before hanging up.
Why am I doing this again? I start sliding my shoes on and this whole time Shawns be bombarding me with questions. I've not answer or let alone heard a single one. The only I can hear is my heart beating in my chest. He. Won't. Stop. My breath hitches. My hands start to shake. My vision gets blurry. I lose my balance. "JUST STOP. JUST SHUT UP AND MAKE IT STOP. MAKE IT ALL STOP!" I scream at the top of my lungs. "Y/n I-" Shawns tried to explain,
"No. No need. Just please, give me a ride to the hospital I'll explain on the way." I say already walking to the door with my head down.
"Y/n..." he drags it out
"PLEASE SHAWN. I promise I'll explain everything. I mean, e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. Including what just happened...." I say barely whispering the last part.
"I uh...yeah. Let's go." He says solemnly grabbing his keys. I leave another note for Allison and we're gone. This has been the most eventful first two weeks of college I've had in my whole life.
Moments of silence pass as the car ride goes on. "Anxiety. Anxiety is something I've been trying to over come for years. Ever since I was little, I had family problems. I didn't have really any friends. Family issues. Mom and dad were never around. My aunt hated me most of the time. I am and was insecure. I became...anorexic. I became mentally unstable. My arms became scarred over time. I just wanted to die. But I couldn't. I don't know why, but I couldn't. Even through all of that, anxiety has stuck with em. It gets better, then it gets worse. I never let it win. Sometimes, small things trigger it. I'm just...I'm a mess. I'm a broken mess. I promised myself I wouldn't let you fix me..." the last part didn't mean to say really...I know Shawn heard it. Somehow I'm pretty sure he has super hearing or something.
"Y/n. I understand. I don't have time right now to explain, but I do-" he says pulling into the hospital parking deck. "I seriously understand. I promise I'll tell you...someday. Just know I adore you." He says as he drops me off at the elevator to go find a parking space. I jump in the elevator and press the button.
The second I walk into the ICU I'm met with the first room closets to the nursing station full of people. Well...not full. There's three people. Eli, a nurse and...Sabrina? I hear a ding meaning the elevator behind me has opened. Dang Shawn that was quick. I hurry into the room. My eyes meet Eli's and he just stares at me with a remorseful look.
Like he's disappointed in himself.
"Y/n uh hey?" He says.
"Hi...." I say. I feel Shawn standing behind me.
"Shawn? What're you doing here?" Eli questions with a hint of anger in his voice.
"I drive her here. Allison was drunk. Don't ask." Shawn says shaking his head.
This whole time I'm noticing Sabrina isn't taking her eyes off Shawn...aren't  Eli and Sab dating? My finger tips start to get hot. The heat wanders  it's way up my body to my cheeks with my fists lightly clenched.
"Y/n you really didn't have to come...I know they called you but-" he tries to explain
"Wait they called you? They didn't call me..." Sabrina says he words laced with jealousy.
I just avoid eye contact with her and look back at Eli.
"Please. Don't stay for me. Please leave. Get some sleep, I know you need rest Y/n." He says with a smirk. I stay for a few more minutes before he playfully verbally forces me out the door. I get to the Jeep and instantly fall asleep in the seat. The next thing I feel is Shawn laying me down on the bed and kissing my forehead and he snuggles into his hard pillow on the floor.

Insta: once_upon_a_shawn_