Pt. 29

Shawn POV:
my finger nails are so brittle. I've been chewing the heck out of them for the past 45 minutes. Y/n's tried to pull my hand away but that didn't work. Since then she's pretty much just been staring at the blank boring hospital wall in front of her, occasionally gazing gently over at me and touching my hair or laying her head on my shoulder mumble things like: "it'll be okay." "She's gonna be fine" "you're okay." "You're strong." "This wasn't you're fault. "You had nothing to do with this." "Your past doesn't define you." I love her, and I guess all that's true, but it's hard to make someone believe something, if they don't even put it into their mind that here's even a possibility that it's true. After certain things, people think everything is their fault. Even if they never knew a person and something happens, they automatically believe it's their fault. There's nothing you can do about it. Just keep telling them the truth, and hopefully eventually they'll realize it. It's a sad truth, but I know it well. A nurse walks out and calls an elderly man up to bring him some news. From monotone voice and facial expression, it doesn't sound too good. That honestly doesn't help the sickening feeling in the bottom of my stomach. I look at my parents and just think. I wish I could be like them. But I screwed everything up for the rest of my life. My moms head is resting on my dad's shoulder as his arms are gently wrapped around her. Mom was always strong. The strongest person in the family other than Aaliyah. Aaliyah would never ever show her feelings. In fact, I'm the only one who could read her. Even mom nor dad could. I wish someday I could have my parents relationship with someone. "it should've been Leah, but you killed her. You killed the only person who will ever love you. Y/n doesn't love you. She's just trying to fix your broken self. Once she realizes she can't, or gets tired of trying, she's gonna leave. Cause everything is all your fault." The voice in the back of my head whispers ever so gently, but it sounds like thunder. I cover my ears and scream at the top of my lungs not even realizing my action. Hot tears pour down my face as I look at the people who just looked at me like I'm insane. I see a middle age woman through my blurred vision say "is he schizophrenic?" I hear Y/n say "Shawn. Look at me." I see my mom rush over and grip my head and hold me close to her chest like when i was little. I see my dad yell at the woman and ask "and it applies to you why? Should it matter? You have no idea what this man has been through and I'd appreciate if you don't assume things." I hear the woman fire back with "well I'm sorry that your son is insane and needs serious help" that's when my dad snaps "DON'T YOU EVER SAY THAT ABOUT ANYONE. HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT TO SOMEONE? DO YOU KNOW ME OR MY SON? NO. NOW IF YOU COULD FIND SOME SORT OF DECENCY IN YOUR MIND OF IGNORANCE AND HATRED TO LEAVE US ALONE?" My dad says as he raises his voice. It's not a full on tell, but it's close. The woman just walks out and leave me and my family alone. "Shawn. I love you." Y/n says so softly. I whip my head away from my mom and just look at her. It's almost as if she understood the doubts in my mind. "I truly do." "How could you...love me. How could you love someone like me?" "Because Shawn. You're not a monster. I know you could use somebody. Someone like me." "Your my somebody." I choke out with a broken smile on my face as my mom caresses my back. "and you're mine." Y/n utters as she stared so deep in my eyes. I hear a theorist clear as I look up and wipe my cheeks to meet the eyes of the doctor infront of us. My dad stands up, followed by the rest of us. "Well Aaliyah...."

THIS IS SO SHORT IM SO SORRY

also, I've have a few people ask about Sabrina's last name since Ive mentioned 2. If you can't already tell, she legally changed her last name.