Morning madness

***Jackson P.O.V.***

The sun blared through the window of my bedroom and right onto my face. I groaned and rubbed my face with one of my hands for my other hand was holding the small of Madison's back, holding her close. She had her face nuzzled into my chest with a faint smile on her face. Never had I seen her so relaxed, so peaceful. I began to stroke her long hair as I draped off the edge of the bed slightly. Even under all the layers of coldness, there was a soft warm core.

She began to stir in her sleep. I stopped playing in her hair for I thought she was going to wake up soon. Eventually she did but not right away. She furrowed her eye brows and began to mumble something. I sat up and looked down at her in curiosity. Soon her mumbling became more audible. She was saying 'stop' and 'no'. I assumed that she was having a nightmare. I gently grabbed her shoulder and began to nudge her. Suddenly, almost as if a flip switched on, she began to cry and scream in her sleep. My eyes widened as I watched her with concern. I began to shake her harder. My breathe hitched as she grabbed my wrist and launched me over her, over the edge of the bed, and on to the floor. With a loud groan I laid on the floor not too sure of what just happened. I took a look at Madison was was now awake and a face stained with tears. I slowly sat up and looked at her.

"Hey? You okay?" I questioned with concerned.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. I just had a nightmare is all." She looked at me and smiled slightly.

I sighed softly and carefully got off the floor. I rubbed the back of my head and walked to the side of the bed. I watched as she curled up into a tight ball. It looked as if she were a scared animal. I squeezed my hand in between her bent legs and place another behind her back and hoisted her off of the bed. She didn't struggle at all. She was either warming up to me or she was too drained. Either way, it was nice. I carried her all the way down stairs and into the dinning room for breakfast. I gently set her in a chair and made my way into the kitchen. I began to find materials to make breakfast. Then my phone lit up and buzzed on the counter as it was receiving an incoming call. I checked the caller I.D. all it said was that it was 'Unknown'. I answered anyways.

"Hello? How can I help you?" I spoke into the phone.

"Its not how you can help me Jackson. It's how you can help yourself." The voice spoke into my ear.

"What the hell are you getting at? Who the fuck are you?" I asked with annoyance.

"One question at a time. One at a time..." He told he with a slight laugh.

"Fine. How can I help myself?" I asked, as my anger was only rising.

"Get your self away from Madison." It said quickly and bluntly.

"Why the fuck would I do that!?" I yelled into the phone.

"Because you wouldn't be caught in her sloppy, tangled, end now would you?" He asked with a mad laugh.

"You leave her the fuck alone! You hear me! Leave. Her. Alone!" I roared into the phone.

"Only if that was my choice. Too bad it's not. Madison made this choice on her own about a year ago..." The voice trailed off

Before I could get any more questions in, I heard the beeping telling me the call was ended. I looked at my phone screen and placed it on the counter. A wave of confusion and furry crashed over me. I had lost my appetite. I put everything away and went back out into the dinning room to find Madison, exactly as I had left her. I wanted to inform her on the call I just gotten, but decided against it for she had seemed very unstable at the moment. I took a seat across from her.

"Are you hungry?" I asked softly.

She shook her head, no.

"Okay. Well Chris and Heather should be back soon. I'll have someone take you home okay?" I told her with a soft smile.

She nodded her head, yes.

I stood up from my chair and went to the front of the house and sat down on one of the couches in front of a window that allowed me to see anyone entering or leaving. I pulled out my phone and texted Chris to come with Heather to take Madison home. Almost instantly I got a reply. 'Okay. On my way. Should be about fifteen minutes.'

I turned off my phone and threw my head back. Why was I feeling so afraid for this woman? I didn't understand why I cared so much. I shouldn't have. I haven't even known her for 24 hours and yet, I wanted to. We had spent some of the night talking about her parents and how she took over the mafia regardless of what her parents wanted her to do. She had asked about what my folks were like and how they died. That was something I wasn't ready to talk about. And she understood. Maybe that was why I wanted to get so close to her. Because she understood. Because she felt like someone one I could trust... I don't know.

I was ripped from my thoughts as I felt the couch cushion next to me sink in. I pulled my head up and saw Madison sitting next to. I smiled at her softly because this meant she liked being next to me. I slung an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close into my chest. She didn't fight it, she nuzzled closer to me. I rubbed her arm with my hand as I put my head on top of hers.

"You know that if something is going on you can tell me right? I know we are rival mafia groups and all but I can tell something is bothering you..."I told to her to break the silence.

She nodded her head under mine to tell me that she understood. I watched as she began to reach for my phone. I quickly unlocked it and gave it to her. I wasn't a hundred percent sure what she was doing but I watched carefully. She had opened up my contacts! I was about to grab the phone from her because she didn't need to see my contacts, but I stopped as I watched her select new contact. I relaxed a bit and let her continue. She added her phone number and her contact name. She made the contact and sent her self a message. When I had gotten my phone back I decided to try and crack a joke.

"Wow. That was the easiest way I have ever gotten a girls number ya know..."

She looked up at me with a raised eye brow and a smirk telling me exactly how bad that was. It was true. I knew it was a bad joke. Just as I was about to cover my ass with another bad joke the front door flew open. Both of our attentions were caught once again by Heather and Chris storming in. They saw us on a couch and walked over to us in a panic.

"What's going on with you two?" I asked with a raised eye brow.

"We got a problem! We need to leave. Now! Its about...him."Heather said to Madison, looking her in the eye.