Happy times.

***Chris's POV***

"I love you too" I told her with a smile.

The way she looked at me really made my heart flutter. She looked almost relieved but extremely happy. And that made me happy.

"Chris? Why is there blood on you?" Heather asked.

She walked up to me and took my hand and put it in her two hands. She examined them closely. I knew that she'd ask me what happened but there was no way I could tell her. Not about where the blood came from, more of why it got on my hands. I couldn't tell her about the phone call with my mother.

"I had some business I had to take care of and it got messier than it should have gotten..." I confessed.

Heather crossed her arms and looked up at me. I knew right away she didn't buy it. I wasn't mad that it didn't work. I was relieved. I hated lying to her but I didn't need her worrying.

"I may be small like a child but I'm not dumb like one ya know." Heather informed me.

"I know princess. I'm sorry, I didn't need you worrying about me..." I said softly as I sat down.

"I know Chris, but you keeping things make me worry more than you not telling me. Promise not to keep things from me any more?" She asked me as she sat in front of me, looking me in the eyes.

"I promise baby, I'll never keep any thing from you." I promised her as I smiled.

She smiled back as she reached into her bag and pulled out cleaning supplies. She began to clean my hands. As she did so I began to think of ways I could make it up to her... Thats when I remembered that the carnival was in town. I could take her there for the day! She's been stressed out recently anyways...

"Short cake? Would you like to go the the carnival with me today?" I asked her with puppy eyes.

"Id love to but drop the puppy eyes... You look like a bug..." She told me with a giggle.

My face lit up with a smile. I was so happy that she agreed to go with me. There was a tunnel of love and it goes underground about three feet. I thought it would be perfect!! Shortly after she had finished I rushed up stairs to change. On my way down I saw Heather on the phone. By the time I made it down to her she had ended the call.

"Who was that?" I asked her as I grabbed her bag.

"It was Madison, Jackson, Bobby, Eli, and Jacob...They wanted to tell me that they'll be at the carnival too." She sighed.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked as I opened the building door for her.

"Well... It is when they're all in a car or in the same place they tend to yelling over each other..." She tells me as she scratches the back of her head.

"Haha, I'll be very surprised if they all make it there alive..." I joke with her as I open her car door for her.

"Well right before I hung up Madison was yelling at every one in Italian... That's how you know shes not playing around." Heather tells me with a nervous chuckle as she slides into the car.

I chuckled and shook my head. Madison really was a character. Heather was too but not in the ways Madison was. Even though they're biological sisters they couldn't be more different. Not only in looks and size, but also in personality and interests.

I tossed her bag into the back seat and made my way around the car. I walked up to the driver's side and climbed in shutting the door behind me. I started up the car and made our way down to the carnival.

Within fifteen minuets we had reached the carnival. I parked the car on the loose gravel floor. As I climbed out Heather had done the same. I lead her up the the entrance of the carnival and purchased two tickets. As we walked in, we we're openly welcomed with the sweet smell of calories and life killing fats. It was amazing. Just as my luck would have had it, the new tunnel of love was right next to the entrance. I playfully put my eyes over Heather's eyes.