Down to Bissuness (part 2)

***Madison POV***

"If you get shot I'd let you die."

I sighed softly as shook my head. As hard as I didn't want to believe that she didn't mean it... I couldn't. It was like anyone in an intoxicated state, they openly speak what they've been hiding for quite some time. Even though she wasn't drunk, she was mad. Anger can have the same effects.

"Jackson. We need five standard .22's and as much ammo as you can provide. Chris. We are going to need at least three search dogs to help detect any 'surprises' we might encounter. I will provide the needed protection. Meeting dismissed." I stated quickly and walked out.

I couldn't stay in that room anymore. I knew that if I did then I'd break down in front of everyone. I quickly entered the elevator and selected the top floor. I knew that there was a good chance that I wouldn't come back after tonight. The worst thing was, I was okay with it. I knew what had to be done and I'd do anything to get it done. The elevator came to a sop as it dinged and the doors opened. I quickly stepped off the elevator but quickly stopped. I took a look at the wall that was covered with my paintings from the years. Each one told a story. Never quite happy, but never quite sad. I guess that was me though. Never quite sad, never quite happy. I walked further into the room, dragging my hands over each painting as I passed. I know for a fact that I can't regret a single memory that was attached to each of them. Each of them, good or bad, is what made me. How could I regret something that big? I stopped at the end of the hallway, where the stairs start to go down and stood there. I looked around the room and watched as the ghosted memories played out about everything that has ever happened here. Suddenly I felt my cheeks start to become damp. I brought a hand to my face and realized that I had been crying. For how long? I'm not sure. I wiped my face and took a deep breath. I made my descent down the stairs and walked over to my little art nook. I flipped through some of my blank canvases until I came to one that wasn't blank. I pulled it out and smiled at it softly. It was a picture of Heather and me from when we were small children.

"God damn... I miss these good days..." I whispered to my self.

I walked across the room and put the canvas on her chair, having the dried paint face her desk. Why was I choosing to do this now? Well, it just seems like the most appropriate thing to do for this situation. I was pulled from my thoughts when the dinging sound of the elevator filled the room. A small part of me actually hoped to see my sister but my hopes were set too high. Instead, Jackson came walking in, hands in his pockets.

"Why the hell are you up here?" I snapped as I walked to the other side of the room.

"I'm up here to check on you and--" Jackson began to tell me.

"That's nice. And I'm fine."

"Mads... Come on. Don't be like this."

I sighed and pinched the bridge on my nose.

"Sit on the couch." I ordered.

Just like a lost dog, he did as he was told.

"I need you to listen carefully to what I'm about to say, there is a high chance I won't make it back. Eli is prepared for it. Jacob is prepared for it. I'm sure Chris is prepared for it, and Heather? I doubt she cares. Then we have you. I need to know that if I don't make it then you'll be fine without me. I don't want to go out knowing a close friend of mine is heartbroken." I informed him as I sat in the coffee table.

I studied his face. It wasn't emotionless. It was more filled with every other emotion. We sat like this for a few minutes until he chuckled softly.

"It amazes me that people so selfish exist..." Jackson says with confidence.

"Excuse you? You're calling me selfish?" I snapped back.

"Heh, yeah. I am. And you wanna know why? You have no problem leaving the people that cherish you the most and you just expect them to be okay! If you left everyone would be devastated!" Jackson yells as he stands up.

"Oh so just because you're here for a few months then you think you know everything?! You Fucking don't Jackson! You have no idea how long I've excepted the outcome of death and how much I yearned for it to come early!" I cried as I stood up as well, tears threatening to fall again.

"And that's what makes you so selfish Madison! God! I can't believe that you're just okay with leaving all of us like this! Your sister would be losing her best friend, Eli and Jacob would be losing their family, Chris would be losing his friend, and me--" Jackson began to yell.

I didn't want to hear any more. I decided to shut him up with a clean slap across the face. I was furious with tears now falling down my cheeks once again. He steps into my life for a few months and he's acting like he's my boyfriend! I mean sure, he's been there for me in the worst parts, even the good parts, but he has no right to interject himself into my life like this! Do I regret slapping him? Not a chance.