Happy Endings For All

***Chris' POV***

I had stayed behind at the crime scene as the police showed up. I was answering questions as police, premedical services, fire department, and a few other services that I had never seen before. As I answered their questions, not all truthful answers, there was so much more going on in my mind. I was worried for Heather if she lost not only her sister but her best friend.  I was worried for Jackson, he's had so much loss in his life as it is; he doesn't need this on his mind for the rest of his life. As for me, she may have scared the shit out of me, but it would hurt me too if she left... Oddly enough, I can see her making a threatening toast at our wedding...

Slowly but surely, everyone had left the scene and cleaned up what needed to be cleaned up. I walked back to our car that was securely hidden among the over grown bushes and trees. I slid into to driver seat and started up the engine. As I let the car heat up some I leaned back in my chair and thought about everything that had happened up to this point in my life. For the most part, I had been fairly happy... Sure I had my up and downs with my family, but that was expected; especially since we weren't a normal family by far. I rubbed my face with the palms of my hand until I felt collected enough to start driving. I made my way back down the original dirt path we had entered on until I reached the main road. I drove in silence all the way back to the girl's home. I pulled in and handed the keys to the valet. I walk inside and and feel the heaviness in the air. The lobby was usually a live and welcoming, but now it felt like a morgue. I took the elevator up to the floor where I knew Heather would be treating her sister. I entered the floor and walked down the hall way. There was one door open and I assumed it to be the room where everyone is. I walk in and see Jackson sitting in a chair holding Madison's hand. Heather stood beside Jackson and just stared down at her sister. I walked up behind her and hugged her from behind.

"I'm sorry short cake..." I whispered to her.

"It's not your fault... I just wish she wouldn't risk her life like that..." Heather whispered back.

"She did it because she loves you..." I answered her back.

"I'm aware but now that she's in the state that shes in... there's no telling how long she'll be in her comma..." Heather stated. 

Suddenly the room's atmosphere thickened and weighed heavier.

~2 months later~ 

***Jackson's POV***

In the past months I tried to visit Madison as much as I could, and in these few month I started to picture us with a family in a large house with a pet or two. Then it got me thinking. The moment she wakes up I need to tell her how I feel. I sat next to her bed and brushed hair out of her face.

"Hey Mads... I know you cant hear me but when you wake up I just want you to know... If you wake up I promise to never leave your side, I promise to always keep you safe and satisfied... that is just as long at you'll let me..." I whispered to her as I gripped her hand and kissed it.

***Madison's POV***

As I was submerged in darkness I wasn't aware of time but I knew it had been a while. But I suddenly could hear a voice and it was a voice I was longing to hear. I managed to hear everything from the beginning. I could feel tears running down my face. I gripped his hand back and opened my eyes to a blinding light. Once my eyes adjusted I looked at Jackson with a soft smile. 

"Hey now, don't be going all soft on me... Im not dead..." I told him to try and lighten the mood.

The way he looked at me broke my heart, the look in his eyes were almost similar to seeing your dog being hit by a car. I moved my had and held the side of his face.

"I would love  spend the rest of my life with you too and make you as happy as you made me... Even though I slapped you the first moment I met you..." I joked to lighten the mood.

I was taken back when he pressed his lips to mine and kissed me like it was our last. I smiled softly and kissed him back with the same amount of love.

***Heather's POV***

It's been moths since I've been put at ease. I was just so worried about what I would do if I knew that my sister wasn't going to pull through. I sat at her desk and tended to some of her basic everyday chores. The elevator dinged and opened on my floor. I looked up and saw Chris walk in with McDonald's for breakfast.

"Hey love.. I think you need a break to eat." He tells me as he sets the food down in front of me.

"Oh Chris.. Thank you so much.." I tell him as I close the laptop.

I grabbed my sandwich and felt something hard in the middle. I eyed Chris as I carefully peeled back the top bun.

"What the hell is-- oh my god..." I stutter as I see a ring in the middle of the sandwich.

The ring was on a simple silver band with two gem stones on it. I look up as Chris in awe.

"Listen short cake.. I know that these last several months m=have been a real kick in the ass but it's been a wake up call for me that life is too short to wait.. So if you'll let me... I'd like to build a life with you and just see how far we can take it..." Chris admitted with a flushed red face.

I smiled at Chris and kissed his forehead with a single tear running down my cheek.

"I would love nothing more than to spend the rest of my days with you Chris." I tell him as I slide the ring on to my finger. 

Chris smiled widely and stood up, hugging me tightly and pulling me out of my hair. I smiled just as wide as he was and kissed his cheek. As we hugged I could feel my wrist watch vibrate with a notification. I looked at it and gasped when it told me that there was a healthy spike in my sister's heart rate.

"Chris! She's awake!" I cried out in joy. "Seems like our lives will be all okay... Things will be back to our normal, and better."

As the years passed Heather and Chris married happily, Jackson and Madison followed months after they did. Eventually the four of them merged their organizations into one and gained control of a vast majority of the land and together they were powerful yet happy. Though neither couple had kids, they took in kids off of the street and gave them new hope for a better life, and if they wished, they were raised to work in the mafia. 

And that is where their story ends~

Right?