XIII: healer

Hui

"hey!!what are you doing?" i shouted on the bunch of men sorrounding yeeun. they all turned their gazes on me,i can feel yeeun's relief when she saw me.

i went near them and pulled yeeun to my back. they smirked and clenched their jaws. i can hear yeeun sobbing on my back and i turned back on her, she's hugging herself as a way of comforting herself.

i tried to walk on the other side but they caught us off guard.

"i don't want any trouble from you guys, just let us go and this will be over," i pleaded them but they came near me and i held yeeun's hands tighter.

"you're testing our patience,huh," a guy went near me and tried to mpunch me but luckily i escaped from it. i stepped back and secured yeeun on my back, she's still sobbing, i see.

"i am not looking for any----," i haven't yet finished what i was saying when something hard hit my face. sht, i cursed. that guy puch me and has a golden fist!

how am i able to fight them?

"are you craving for more iron punches, kid?" he asked teasingly.
some of his s0-called friends also laughed at me.

"h-hui oppa, l-let's just r-run. we can't fight t-them," i heard yeeun said between her sobs. i know she feels scared right now but i know i have to protect her no matter what.

i held her hand tighter and said, "just close your eyes and don't open it unless i tell you,"

"b-but,"

"just trust me on this one, okay?"

she didn't spoke anything and nodded.

i hid her at the back of a big trash can so that she won't be hurt and affected. she's a girl and i hate seeing girls being hurt.

"do whatever you want to me,j-just don't hurt the girl," i kneeled in front of them. doing this is like losing your self-respect and reputation but should i let my pride reign after all? nope. i won't. and i will never let that happen.

"i'm begging y---," i felt something hard on my face and it's very painful. another one, followed by a countless punches not just in my face but also my whole body. my face hurts, so much.

everything hurts so much.

"do you want some more, huh?"

i wanted to say no but my face hurts so much.

then i heard a scream. a girl's scream. i opened my eyes and i saw yeeun being dragged by one of those jerks.

i wanted to stand up not for myself but for yeeun.

she needs help right now.

i am here but i can't do anything.

pain is killing me.

she screamed louder. too bad i can't do anything. a heard a siren of a police and that made me relieve. those jerks were startled and they don't know what to do. yeeun had a chance and kicked the jerks' d*ck. he screamed louder and then the police rushed towards us. some of them tried to escape the other way but they were caught. an ambulance arrived and they placed me in a stretcher. it was very soft like i wanted to sleep here forever.