XVIIII : i will court you

that's it.

i finally said it.

i finally said what i'm wanting to say.

i froze in my seat.

what am i supposed to do now?

i got up from my seat and ran out of the restaurant. i ran as fast as i can. running away is the first thing that came into my mind. i stopped on a park, catching my breath and panting. how long have i been running? i sat on a bench and took a deep breath.

why did i freaking run?

the park was empty and quiet. ah, peace. the howling wind was all i can hear, not minding those unecessary noises. the cold breeze is very soothing. peace of mind si what i want now. i can't think straight. that because i like you is stucked in my head right now. i'm planning to say that to her but not now because i'm still not ready and brave for it.

"hui!" i heared someone called me. "hui! where are you?"

that voice.

that's soojin's voice.

i need to hide. i quietly sneaked on a big trash can near me. it's somewhat dark and i don't think she can see me here. but wait. why am i here? why the hell am i hiding? ah, just forget it!

after a minute later, i haven't heard anything. ah, that's a good thing. she might have gone already. i stood up and--

"hey!!"

i was startled, taken aback. that scared the hell out of me!

"s-soojin?" i said, a bit confused.

"why did you ran away?" she asked, pouting.

"i---,"

"i like you too! don't worry!" she cut me off. i was caught off guard. my mind went blank for a moment. she--she likes me? how come?

"stop joking, soojin," i said while fakely laughing. "that's not a good joke."

"i'm not joking! i swear that i like you too!" she even shouted. "i'm being serious here!"

"h-how could you like me? i'm not as good looking like some guys out there. i'm just me." i said while looking down. some girls would prefer handsome, hot and rich guys and that's the stereotype. and that's a fact.
why would someone like me?

"i just like you because of what you are. i don't care what they say about you and that won't change the fact that i would still like you." she said in a serious tone and looked at me. damn those eyes.

"honestly, i didn't know that i would fall for you. it just happened." i said while my eyes are locked on her.

"you made me a better person, hui. and i am very thankful for that and also that i met you. that i like you." she said and my whole world stopped. my heart is racing so much.

i stepped forward and hugged her tightly. ah, this feels like heaven and hugging an angel. i felt her embracing me and that makes my heart pound more than ever. we stayed like that for a few minutes and pulled out of the hug. i held her hand and we walked through the park. i never expected for this to happen. strolling around the park on a cold and quiet night while with the person i love and holding her hands.

she was the girl that every guy would like. she was the girl i never expected that would fall for me. she was the girl who made me feel what love is. she was the first girl that i've ever loved. it's because she's seo soojin.

we went to a convenience store and bought some ice cream. good thing i have my wallet on my pocket. while walking and eating, we talked about many things. she was more cheerful than ever. she didn't became better, she became the best version of herself.  

even in the dark, i could still clearly see her ravishing smile. seeing her happy with me makes me accomplish something big and as long as she's happy, i'm also happy. that's want i want her to be until the end. because nothing can buy happiness. it is so precious that no thing on earth can buy it.

we sat on a bench and ate our own ice creams. this girl really love chocolates that she even bought two chocolate ice creams. she was flapping her feet while eating ice cream, looking so happy. her hand even clunged on my arms! she was clingy, as what i can say.

"hey, you--," i noticed there was a smudge near her lips. her lips--- ah, no.

"what?" she asked and looked at me. here comes my heart pounding whenever she looks at me.

i went near her and our faces was just centimeters apart. she really looks so good in close up. ah, the beauty she radiates. i wiped the smudge near her lips and sat properly. she looked me at the eyes straightly.

"am i that pretty?" she asked then winked. and it made my heart race more.

"yeah, you're the third prettiest woman i have seen in my life," i said ang cupped her face.

"third? why third?" she pouted even more. how can she be pretty and cute at the same time? this girl is on of a kind.

"my mom is the first one and second is jieun." i said and she smiled widely.

"aw, my hui is so family oriented." she now cupped my face. her hands feels soft while it was in my face. i kissed her palm and it made her blush.

"hey! you're blushing!" i teased her and she looked away. aw, she's so cute!

"am i? no, i am not blushing," she said defensively, her eyes widened.

she crossed her arms and turned back at me. her cute side comes out when she does that! and i love to see it. i love every side of her, no matter what it is.

"okay, okay. you're not blushing." i said and she turned at me again, smiling.

"aw, my hui is a good boy." she said and patted my head. frankly saying, she's like a child when she's like this.

my hui?

she said that?

"from now on, i'm yours and you're mine." she said and hugged me instantly. i was taken aback. isn't this too fast?

"soojin,"

"hmm?"

we pulled out of the hug.

"i want to take everything slowly. there's no need to rush. i want to prove myself to you that i am the worthy one for you. i want to prove that you won't regret saying yes to me. i want to be the best version of me for myself, my family and for you." i said and looked straight at her. a small smile was curved on her lips.

"so..," i said and she raised her eyebrows.

"let me court you soojin. i want you to feel and see how i like you that much." she nodded and i hugged her and kissed her forehead.

on this cold night, the sound of the wind howling, under a shady tree is where will everything start.