XXI : pentagon

"lee hwitaek, yan an, yeo changgu, jung wooseok, kim hyojong, adachi yuto, kang hyunggu, jo jinho and yang hongseok and go shinwon. all ten of you, go to the 4th floor, room 15. the rest of you will stay here." our  vocal trainer told us right after we finished our vocal lessons for today. why are we being called? that's somewhat weird.

"hey hui!" jinho draped his arms across my shoulders. he's the guy that i met at the mall a year ago and he was a former sm entertainment trainee and former member of sm the ballad. i was wondering why did he left the company. sm entertainment is the leading entertainment company in korea and being a trainee in there is a good catch.

"hey jo jinho!" i said to him while walking and he raised his brows. "when are you going to grow up?"

"do you think that's a good question? huh?" he replied and clung to my shoulders harder. "i'm still older than you! use some honorifics with me!"

"you're older than me but i'm taller than you!" i said and sticked my tounge out. he has been training here in cube for 3 months already but we have already gotten close.

"hey jinho hyung!" i heard wooseok called jinho. wooseok and i always gets along when he first started training here. i was really surprised when he told me his age and also his height. who would have a 185cm height in the age of 16? only jung wooseok.

"you're the oldest but why are you also the shortest?" he said and almost died from laughing. the other boys also laughed  too but yuto's laughing voice stands out of all.

"i'm gonna kill you jung wooseok!" he screamed while we're walking in the hallway but hongseok immediately covered his mouth. these two also get along with each other. after the survival show that hongseok joined he left his company which is yg entertainment and joined cube a couple months ago. leaving a big company is such a big loss.

we arrived to the 4th floor and entered the room. we saw the ceo and a production director from mnet talking about something. we sat together on a long table and our ceo started discussing something.

"you maybe doesn't know why i called you here right?" he asked and we all nodded. the atmosphere inside this room is very serious. "i am always updated about all of you on how are you all doing in your training. kim hyojong and kang hyunggu leads in dancing. in rapping, it's jung wooseok and adachi yuto. ah, how can a japanese native sound like a korean native? in terms of vocal, we have lee hwitaek, jo jinho and yang hongseok. what can we expect from a former yg trainee? and we have our visuals, yan an, yeo changgu and go shinwon. all of are full of talents and you have to showcase it." our ceo said. what could he possibly mean?

"what do you mean by that, sajangnim?" i asked. (sajangnim means like ceo or boss)

"i've already discuss this with the other investors and directors. cube entertainment wants to form a new boy group after beast and btob. and they have decided to do a survival show called pentagon maker. in that survival show, you will all showcase your talents and develop teamwork and those who will survive in the end will debut in a group. so we have decided to do a partnership with mnet." he added. me? joining a survival show? debuting in a kpop boy group? this musn't be a dream.

"i think that sounds good, sajangnim." hyojong said and everyone agreed.

"so?" the ceo asked. this is a big opportunity for us and i'm sure that all of us doesn't want to waste this one.

"we wanted to be a trainee to become a kpop idol one day and i'm sure that we have been wanting to do this one. we don't want to waste this grateful opportunity, sajangnim." i said and everyone looked at me smiling.

"you sound like a good leader hwitaek. so are you all going to agree to this?" he asked and we said yes in chorus.

"that's good! we will be signing a contract with mnet and the ten of you will have a seperate training than the other trainees. i know that i made the right choice and you won't disappoint me." he said and we all stood up to shake hands with him and the pd from mnet.

as soon as we got out of the room, a wide smile was plastered on our faces. we were hugging each other and smiling. what a nice view to see. i love it when a person smiles genuinely. it's an indication that they are happy and we all deserve to be happy.

"guys, as a celebration, i would like to invite you all to my house later and let's have a samgyupsal!" wooseok said and everyone agreed to it. we often hang out to wooseok's house after training and i'm always present but this time i'm not sure.

"uh guys, i don't think i can make it today." i said and looked at them.

"you have plans with soojin, right?" hyojong said and i nodded to it. he got it right there.

"well, you can bring her over." wooseok suggested.

"are you guys, sure? won't you be bothered?" i asked them and they said no.

i smiled to them. "okay. i'll message her."

"hyung," yan an said and clung to my arms. "don't forget to bring jieun." he said and puppy-eyed. when he met jieun a month ago, he would always ask me anything about jieun.

"no." i shrugged and he pouted. we're friends and i know that he likes my sister but i still have to protect my younger sibling!

"yan an, you've been eyeing jieun for a long time now. do you like her?" changgu teased. ah, this guys really love to tease this chinese boy especially changgu.

yan an lowered his head and nodded slightly. this boy is really shy and you would always think that he's the youngest. i mean, he posseses that baby face despite being a 19 year old already plus chinese do really have good genes when it comes to looks.

"our baby yan an is already inlove! he's growing up! oh, i'm a proud dad." hongseok came into him and hugged him. yan an may not be the youngest but we always treat him like one.

"guys, don't be late later! you have to be there 7pm sharp!" wooseok said and bid goodbye to us.

we are allowed to go home early today and hyojong and i decided to stop by on a convenience store first to buy some foods. after buying we both walked on the alley while having some ice cream. this could be one of the best days i could ever have.

when we entered the dorm, we were greeted by soojin's mom. she's been always good to me and my sister. i heard some feminine laugh in the lobby and i saw soojin, yeeun and jieun. they have been hanging out often recently.

"what have you guys been talking about?" i said and sat beside jieun. they became quiet as i got here. i guess they were talking about some girly stuffs that i can't relate to.

"oh, i better get going. i still have to meet with my members. i guess i'll meet you again next time." yeeun said and left first. i heard that they will debut next month and their group will be called crystal clear or clc for short and yeeun is their main rapper.

"wooseok invited me to gave a samgyupsal in their house later and he wanted soojin to come also."  i said and soojin looked to me.

"really?" she asked and i nodded to her. this would be the first time that she'll meet my friends.

"and jieun," i look into jieun, "yan an wanted you also to come."

her eyes sparkled when i mentioned yan an's name. don't tell me that she also likes my friend. it's okay for me but i think she's still young for that.

"so do you want to come?" i stood up and placed my hands on my waists. they both looked to each other and smiled.

"yes!" they said in chorus and clunged into my arms.

---

good thing i have typed somethingggg :(( i have been experiencing extreme mind block these days :(((