XXII : cheers

"isn't your skirt a bit short?" i asked soojin. me and hyojong are here in jieun's dorm while waiting for the two girls to finish dressing up.

"huh? this isn't short at all. it haven't reached my mid-thighs yet." she demanded and pulled it a little down. i have seen her wear some short skirts and dresses a lot of times already but i'm still not used to it since i'm courting her now. she was just wearing a lavender see through long sleeve and a short white skirt but she demands that it isn't short but for me, it is!

"you sound like an overprotective boyfriend." hyojong said while sitting in a corner and busy with his phone. i'm pretty sure he's talking with his girlfriend right now.

"hmm, i can't disagree to what he said." soojin said and did a high five with hyojong. since when did they became this close? why am i not updated? they really love to tease and make fun of me. i should make myself use into this.

"hey soojin." i called her. she's sitting and putting her white flats on. "hmm?"

"shouldn't you change your skirt? i'm uncomfortable with it." i took a glimpse of her skirt and looked away. why do women like to wear short clothes?

"well, i'm comfortable with it and nothing could ever change my mind. even you, mr. lee hwitaek." she stood up from her place and poked my head. that kind of hurts! she walked through the mirror and fixed her blouse.

"you're really a hard-headed girl!" i walked towards her and patted her head. she looked at me and shot me a glare. why look at me like that? i didn't even do anything wrong!

"hui!" she stomped her feet like a kid and pouted. ah, she's so adorable!

"what?" i asked, making an innocent face. well, my face is just innocent and not my brain.

"look what you did to my hair!" she retarted and i looked at her hair. some few strands were not in place. oops, i didn't mean to do that.

"ohmy, you're so adorable, seo soojin!" i said and cupped her cheeks. she then blinked her eyes like an innocent baby and still managed to smile a little when her cheecks are a little bit crumpled. "don't you worry."

"let me fix that for you." i said and pulled out a comb from a vanity table. she was facing the whole body mirror and i was standing at her back while combing her hair and it reflects her so well. it was so soft and delicate, just like her.

"woah!" i was taken aback when hyojong said something. my eyes went to jieun's door. there she was, standing with a sky blue dress that fits her perfectly. she turned around, flexing of what she was wearing while plastering a sweet smile on her face. i noticed that she did a little bit of make up in her face that brightened her up a little bit.

"i guess we're now good to go?" hyojong stood up and went to the main door, opening it for us. the two girls clunged their hands on my arms and we shouted,

"kaja!"

wooseok's neighborhood was quiet but i guess i was wrong when we reached their house. a not so loud music welcomed us as we entered his house. wooseok once said to me that he was only living alone in a big house since his parents are living in the province as they have a bussiness in there. that's why i was often invited by hyunggu to come over to wooseok's house for a party a year ago.

"hui! hyojong!" hongseok was the first one who greeted us. he gave me and hyojong a hug while he had a handshake with soojin and jieun.

"oh, i finally met soojin. it's really nice to meet the girl that my hyung loves." he said and chuckled a bit. i sensed that soojin was looking down and smiling beside me.

"ya!" i hit him in his arm and he jokingly complained about him. this guy will always be like this. yang hongseok will always be yang hongseok.

"hyung! you came!" i saw yan an walking towards us and he gave me and hug. "hi jieun!"

"stop doing that to my sister, you chinese boy!" i jokingly scolded him.

"what? i just greeted her! you sound like an overprotected dad." he said and i heard him tsked.

"well because he's lee hwitaek. he has been like that earlier and i don't know why." soojin said beside me and crossed her arms.

"oh, look whom we have here. you're seo soojin, right?" yan an asked soojin and she also nodded to him. he offered his hand for a handshake and soojin also reached out for it. "i finally got the chance to meet you."

"should we head in? the other guys must be waiting for us." hongseok said and we followed him inside. wooseok's house was pretty spacious for one person to live. it has a wide living room, a four-seater dining table, a fine kitchen and bathroom and two bedrooms. this house could accomodate for like 6 to 8 people.

there was a small backyard near the dining area and a double glass door was attached in. i saw the other guys in the backyard, busy in grilling the meat.

"you finally came!" wooseok approached and hugged me.

"why wouldn't i, right?" i replied and chuckled.

"oh, is this soojin? the girl you're courting?" he asked and i proudly said yes. who wouldn't be proud to say that you're courting an adorable girl like soojin, right?
but not matter what, i would always be proud of her.

"thank you for inviting me here!" soojin shyly said and shaked hands with wooseok.

"ah, it's nothing. feel comfortable here, okay? we won't make you feel out of this place, i'm telling you." wooseok said and soojin mumbled thank you again. he excused himself first to get some drinks inside. we sat on a long picnic table and i helped out changgu to arrange the plates and condiments. yuto, yan an and jieun are in one corner, busy in cooking barbeques while jinho, hyunggu and his sister are also in a corner and busy in cooking some meat.

"the meat and barbque is already cooked and will be served in this long table." i heard yuto mumble and imitate like a garçon. his deep, rough voice added more emphasis into it.

"i think we're just right in time!" i looked back and i saw hyojong with hyuna. i didn't even know that he would bring her here. but that's great since the more, the merrier!

"unnie!" soojin ran into her sister and hugged her. she also had no idea that hyojong would also bring her sister here and atleast she's got some family companion.

we all sat together in the table and wooseok came with some drinks and refreshments on that made the guys cheer up. jinho, hongseok and shinwon was sitting together, hyunggu and his sister, yan an and jieun plus changgu on the other side, yuto and wooseok, hyojong and hyuna, and of course, me and soojin.

wooseok stood up and raised a can of soda.
"tonight we've all gathered here for a celebration. we are happy to announce that the ten of us will be joining a survival show called pentahon maker and those who can survive will have the chance to debut on cube entertainment's newest boy group after beast and btob. so i would like to have a cheers for all of us, for the ten of us, for being the ones that have been chosen to this delightful opportunity. we are now a step away from our dreams and a day will come that it won't be a dream anymore since we've already accomplished it."

"cheers!"

we all raised our soda cans and toasted with each other. each one of us was rejoicing and smiling. what a good sight to see but only one stood out of all, and it was soojin's.

------

yayyy!! i managed to write another chapter again despite of having an extreme mind block. this whole chapter took me 2 hours to write, i started writing this on 11:30 pm and finished in 1:39 am. i don't know why but my mind was being productive during midnight. i really battled with myself not to fall asleep just to finish this chapter :))) btw, thank you for reading, voting and leaving some comments that cheers me up ♡♡ also, thank you for being patientttt :)) i hope you all enjoyed this chapter and please support SHINE 'till the end ♡ stay safe everyonee!!
여러분, 너무 너무 감사해요~ 이 많은 사랑을 해주십시오♡