XXXV : pentagon is debuting

the bright ray of sunlight that was coming through my window woke me up. i gently rubbed my eyes and saw soojin peacefully sleeping beside me. she still looks beautiful even in her sleep.

i got out of the bed and tucked her in. she must be having a good sleep. i fixed the mess we made last night from playing too much games. it was very fun and entertaining last night. we spent more than 3 hours on playing different games that maybe tired us out.

i heard noises from outside and i quietly called out if hyojong is there.

"hyojong! are u there?" i tried to make a big sound as possible but i also have to make sure i wouldn't wake soojin up.

i heard the door knob clacking as if someone is trying to open the door. my hands continuosly and gently slammed the
door and i was thrown to the floor when it suddenly opened.

"aw," i complained when my bum hit the floor very hard. that was unexpected!

"hui... why are here?" hyojong face was puzzled, "with soojin?"

"can't you just give me a hand, hyojong? my bum is in an indescribable pain." i complained and reach out my hand to him in which he grabbed and made me stood up. 

"oh, hyojong's finally here." i heard soojin said before she yawned. that blessed me with a cute view of her.

"why are you two in here? did something...," hyojong looked at me as if i did something not right.

"that's not what you think, hyojong. i went here yesterday after i knew that you already came back from the hospital and i went to his room then he followed me and he accidentally closed his door and we've been stucked here since last night." soojin defended in a detailed way.

"well, i guess nothing happpened." he replied while emphasizing nothing. i don't understand what exactly is running in this guy's head.

"i think i should wash my face before i leave." soojin went out of the bed. "i look like a complete mess, right?"

"yes, you do." i cupped her face, "you look like the most beautiful mess i've ever seen."

i glazed at hyojong and he looked at me with an unbelievable face. soojin chuckled after seeing him. i patted her head and lead the direction towards the bathroom.

3 weeks later...

three weeks had passed already yet there is no news or updates from the company. the ceo guaranteed us that the mini-concert is postponed and not our debut. our debut has an assurance already but there is no exact time and date yet.

for the past three weeks, everyone was grabbing the free time to rest and enjoy their life again just like before they became  a trainee. in entering this industry, there are a lot of things you must give up including your own freedom. but that doesn't end in there, after becoming an idol you must also give up your normal life. everything will turn upside down and it won't be the same as before.

"dada da da da da, hmm hmm hmm, dada da da da da, hmm hmm hmm, dada da da da da, hmm hmm hmm, dada da da da da, hmm hmm hmm." i hummed as i press the keys on the keyboard. since i have nothing to do, i asked our senior, eunkwang from btob if i can borrow his producing room and he was kind enough to allow me.

it's been so long since i had the motivation to write and produce a song again. i'm also not sure what had gotten into me. there is something that pursuaded me to do a song about me and the past and since then, i started to reminisce everything.

this idea and concept popped into my mind. i will make a song about me, few years ago when i studying and met soojin. i am planning to entitle it as loser or outsider but i have to complete the lyrics first and stick to the concept before finalizing the title.

"come in." i said as someone knocked the door.

"hui hyung, the ceo called us for a meeting." it was hyunggu and wooseok.

"a meeting?" i asked them again and they both nodded. "okay, you guys go first. i'll clean this room then follow you.

finally, after a few weeks of waiting, the desicion that will determine our future is here.

"it's been so long since i met you, guys. how have you been?" the ceo asked us.

we all answered the same that made the atmosphere less gloomy. the head of every department is also here which is a bit unusual. during our past meetings last time it was just the ceo, our managers and us but now it's a lot different. the conference room is almost full.

"i'm sure that you all had taken a good rest and had a bond with your family and loved ones. i have been discussing this with the directors and heads from the past few weeks and we all came up with a desicion."

those words are very nerve-wrecking everytime the ceo says it. the atmosphere inside the conference room is tensing up and everyone can't wait for the final desicion.

"i trust in you guys that you won't let us down and bring honor and pride to our company. congratulations, jo jinho, lee hwitaek, kim hyojong, yang hongseok, go shinwon, yeo changgu, yan an, adachi yuto, kang hyunggu and jung wooseok. from today onwards, you will be debuting as members of pentagon. your debut is set 2 months from now on. i will be looking forward to your success in the future!"

i was speechless for a moment. we will be debuting as 10 members and our debut date is set. i can't believe this.

the guys gathered around me and hugged each other. it felt like we won on something we couldn't believe we will be able to defeat.

"hyung, we will be debuting!" yan an said teary-eyed. he may not be the youngest one in our team but he is like the youngest one.

now that everything is settled, all we have to do is do our best to be a better and sooner the best kpop artists out there. pentagon will be making a name in the industry and i can assure it.