XXXII: treasure

"you should  get better as soon as possible, yanan." wooseok sarcastically said to his older co-member.

"hey jung wooseok! don't put too much pressure on him," changgu scolded the younger one, "take your time, yanan. the mini-concert can wait, we can't force your body to practice again,"

"changgu's right. you should stay here for a few more days so can you could have enough rest." i agreed on what changgu said. 

after eunkwang sunbaenim left, yanan was transferred in his private room prepared by the company. it was quite spacious that the 9 of us can perfectly fit. hyojong, yuto and hyunggu went to the supermarket to buy some foods and the 6 that were left in here kept on pestering each other. 

''what took them so long?" i heard jinho complain in a corner. right, they left for about 2 hours ago and they haven't came back yet.

"wait, let me try calling them." i fished my phone from my pocket but when i was about to dial hyunggu's number but the door suddenly opened.

"there you are!" jinho draped his arms over his brothers'. "i have been starving for how many hours already!" 

"that's why you complained what took them so long earlier," it tried to sound more sarcastic twoards him. "i thought you were worried about them."

"how could you do that to us,hyung? how?" the younger japanese one teased his older brother and has been followed by the other ones. i don't know why they love to tease each other. maybe that's their way on how they express their love to each other.

"ya'll are so noisy! let's go, yanan has to rest." i told them but they were such hard headed that they won't listen to me. 

"it's okay,hyung. i feel happy seeing all of us bond together in one room." yanan said with a smile in his face. i sat on a chair beside him.

"i'm sorry, yanan." i said to him, "hyung is very sorry."

"why?.." his face was puzzled, "don't be, hyung. it's not your fault, it's mine. if i could've only took better care of my body then this wouldn't happen."

"if i only gave you a little bit of my attention and asked you if you were okay. if i... if i...," i couldn't stop myself from crying.

i felt yanan tap my back. "it's okay, hyung. don't worry."

"i smell some drama over there!" i heard shinwon tease us. i wiped my tears and pulled myself together. the whole bed was now full of 9 dorks excluding me.

"hey, jung wooseok! open the door! someone's knocking!" hyojong ordered to the younger one but he pretended like he didn't heared it.

"i'll open it." i went to the door and saw that it was our manager. why is he here?

"manager-nim...,"

"i have something to tell you, guys." he entered and sat on the sofa.

"you looked tense, manager-nim. is there anything going on?" jinho asked him.

"actually, due to what happened to yanan, the company decided to cancel the mini-concert."

for a moment, i felt like i haven't heard anything. i heard a defeaning silence through my ears. it was a bit unusual.

"cancel? the mini-concert?" hyunggu asked our manager, "it's not the 1st of april so don't try to pull some jokes on us, manager-nim."

"i'm not joking, guys. this is what the company told me." he answered in a serious and bland tone.

"it's canceled? not postponed?" my mind went blank, "i- i have to step out for a moment."

my legs felt jelly-like but i still managed to get out of the room. i heard them calling my name but i can't go back.

"hui, are you okay? did anything happen?" that soft voice that i always love listening to felt like nothing to me now.

"let me go!" i brushed off my arms from her hands.

i don't know where to go but my feet leaded me to the rooftop. what our manager said earlier can't still digest into my mind. cancel the mini-concert? what's that?

"why? why? why?!!!" i screamed so hard that i was about to loose my voice. tears then started pouring from my eyes. why am i even crying?

the soft and warm hug embraced me for a moment. it made me forget everything. it made my body, my mind, my heart and my soul in comfort. this hug made me feel like i am in a safe place where i can do everything i want.

i didn't stopped my tears from falling and cried out to my heart's extent. this feels like heaven here on earth.

"the best way to release everything that you feel is to cry. crying will make all your burdens be gone."

"why do i feel like everything is turning into nothing?" i said between my sobs.

"don't forget that i am still here and i will be always here for you, hui." she said and held my hands. these hands doesn't just make me feel warm, these hands also makes me feel that i have someone with me. whenever i hold this, this doesn't make me feel alone.

i am going to treasure these hands but i am also going to treasure it's owner more. i will treasure soojin more than a treasure itself.