XXIIII : i missed you

"that's all for today. everyone, thank you for your hardwork!" the pd said as the shoot for today was finished. last week, the teaser finally came out and there are many people who are looking forward to pentagon. the feedbacks about us are nice, too! i'm glad that jinho got the first place and having a point to his talent in the pentagraph.

a month ago, we have been discussed by the production team of cube for the final preparations on pentagon maker. and, never in my expectations that the members would vote me as the leader. being a leader, is no joke at all. you are like the guide or the captain of the group to lead them to the path that all of you have been aiming for. and also, you are in charge of the whole group, you will be the light in some other terms. me being a leader is not a problem to me at all. what i have been worrying about is, can i really be a leader? can i be able to guide Pentagon? can i? i just don't have that much trust in myself to do so.

when the first episode aired this week, there are people who are looking forward to me and hyunggu including our seniors, BtoB and CLC. hyunggu and i have been chosen as the ones who are leading the others in pentagraph and are near to the debut spot.  many people were looking forward so i have to make sure to not just meet their expectations but also to surpass it. i can't fail or disappoint them. so in order for that to happen, i, and also the other pentagon members will continue to work harder.

"leader-nim! the manager said we'll be free today!" shinwon said and raised my brows. we're free today? does that mean i can go out and have some time today with soojin?

"uh, i mean, we don't have any errands today but we are still not allowed to roam anywhere." he added. the smile on my face disappeared. ever since two weeks ago, i haven't been hanging out with soojin due to pentagon maker. i feel bad about it.

"ah, i see. tell the manager that i'll go straight to the company building by myself." i told him and walked away. how can i even spare some time with her? if i only knew i'd be this busy.

i took the bus and went to the company. even though i want to see or talk to soojin for a little while, i still can't. after arriving at the building, i went straight to the room that the company provided for me when they knew that i have been doing some songs. i turned my laptop on and started to play the piano as a small rhythm popped into my head.

my neck felt stiff as i woke up. i fell asleep, i guess. i stretched out because two hours of sleeping while sitting is not good. my eyes diverted to the laptop, i only did halfway but there's always time tomorrow. well, i guess i'm not so sure of it. who knows, maybe we'll practice a lot tomorrow. i gathered my things up and left the room. the building isn't as much as crowded on late night. silence ate the whole hallway i'm walking on.

i saw a door was slightly swung open and heard a unfamiliar music playing. there, i saw five CLC members rehearsing and singing. it was an unfamiliar song so i bet it will be their new comeback song. yeeun' rap part came and her charisma overflowed. that's jang yeeun of crystal clear, everyone! before leaving, i closed the door quietly and went my way.

while walking, my stomach growled so i decided to stop by in a convenience store. the night was so cold so a hot and spicy ramyeon would be perfect. i went on one of the racks and picked one.

"isn't that lee hwitaek from pentagon maker?" i overheard a murmur not so far from me.

"it must be him! let's ask him!" another one said.

"y-you're lee hwitaek from pentagon maker, right?" a young highschooler approached me.

i nodded and smiled slightly to them, they giggled.

"can we have a sign from you?" the other girl asked. a sign? my sign? someone asking for my sign? it took some seconds to process it on my mind and i agreed. they handed me two pieces of paper and a pen.

"thank you very much! we will be looking forward to pentagon maker! i hope you will be able to debut. we'll be rooting for you! hwaiting!" they both said and left. wow, someone just asked for my sign even though i haven't debuted yet.

i payed for my ramyeon and looked for an empty table. to my surprise, i saw soojin entering the convenience store. it's already late but why is she still going out? i placed my food on the table and went on the other way of the racks.

"let me get this for you." i tiptoed and pulled out one small box of kimbap. soojin looked surprised when she saw me. we haven't been having time with each other these days.

"h-hui," he paused for a second. i smiled to her and patted her head and her hands went to my waist, hugging me. "i missed you."

i missed you. she what? she, she missed me? my heart lumped upon hearing those three simple words with deep and precious  meaning.

"i missed you too, soojin." i said and hugged her back.

----

a bit short, right? sorry 🤭
thank you for supporting SHINE and i hope you'll still root for this till the end. i love you all and stay safe! ❤️