XXVIII : overcoming fears

the 2-day rest that was given to us would be something that i won't waste for now. i'm pretty sure that we will be busy as hell in the following weeks. so as i got out of the café, i immediately dug out my phone out of my pocket and messaged soojin.

are you busy right now? i'm at seoul station, meet me at myeongdong station if you have some time. be safe on your way ;)

it took me 10 minutes before departing at the train. i was wondering why there are so many people here. as soon as i entered i recieved a text from soojin.

that's great! i'm at myeondong right now, hyuna asked me for a shopping earlier. i think we will be finished in less 10 minutes, i'll wait for you at myeongdong station. be safe, too ♡

a smile was crept on my lips upon seeing that heart emoji at the end. she wasn't the flaunty type of girl before but she is slowly becoming now. i can't believe that a girl like soojin would like me. before, i was just a nobody, a loner, a loser. who would imagine that, right?

"sorry for making you wait." i ruffled my hair when i got out of the station. it was jampacked so the air conditioner wasn't working well that made me sweat a lot.

"it's okay. i just got here." she said and handed me a handkercheif. i told her it's okay but she still insisted, well, i can't resist her. she's soojin, the girl that i only like.

"i told you it's--," i cut myself off when i felt her handkercheif on my forehead. she tiptoed a little bit and started wiping my sweat. the way she wipes it was so delicate and soft, just like her.

there, with her face being a bit closer to me, i studied her face's features. her seductive eyes with her attractive mole under it, her cute nose at the bottom and her plumpy soft lips. her face was like carved out of perfection because she herself is a perfection, just a way how i describe her.

"you should always bring a handkercheif with you. you're a trainee, you always practice and work hard and you always sweat. don't forget that, okay?" she reminded me before patting my head like a five-year old kindergarten boy.

"now, you sound like a mom. a demanding mom." i smirked at her and that soft lips of her made a pout.

"is that an insult or a compliment?" she said as her hands were on her waist. that made her more look like a mom!

"think about it. i wonder how you'll scold our children in the future." i winked at her before running away. where did that idea even came from? those words just slipped from my mouth.

"ya! lee hwitaek! ya!" i heard her soft yet loud shouting voice.

"you're choively, right?" soojin asked the cashier. i received a few hits from her earlier and thank goodness, she wasn't that strong.

the cashier nodded at her and she gasped. that looks cute.

"omg! i really love watching your café vlogs! just by watching it makes me full." she giggled like a little kid. the cashier muttered thank you and handed our drinks.

"how did you know her?" i asked her as we sat on our table.

"i haven't had my college entrance exam because i was informed too late so mom sent me to an academy and when i have free time, i do some scrolling on youtube and watch some café vlogs and mukbang videos." she explained and took a sip on her matcha milktea. "as expected from palgong tea "

"now i know why you suggested this place." i sipped my coconut coffee shake. wow, this is delicious. i didn't knew that coconut and coffee would taste nice together.

"by the way, i thought you were busy on your debut preparations." she asked.

"well, the thing is we had a little conflict since the three members were eliminated. i just can't make my debut without them so i won't debut without them. hyojong even got disappointment of what i did. earlier, we had a group talk and fixed a desicion that we will just debut without them but while in the middle of it, the ceo called us and they came up with a plan. pentagon will have a mini-concert and if the audiences reach up to 2000, there will be a possibility that pentagon can debut as ten."

"heol. i will invite all my friends to come to your concert! you guys had an irresistable bond and i'm pretty sure you can't continue without them." she sighed.

"that would serve as a little help." i answered firmly and she started talking about some random stuffs.

"wow, i haven't been here since middle school. many things have changed already." soojin started roaming around everland. i want to spend this day with her, anywhere she wants to go. everland is a bit far from gangnam where palgong tea is located and it took us almost an hour to get it here. but, it's okay, as long as i am with her.

"things not just change for the better, but also for the best." i said with a double meaning with it.

"yeah, you're right." she replied and went dragged me to that big boat-like structure. oh no, don't tell me we're riding that! i had tried riding that when i was still small and little did i know that it would be scary as hell!

"hui," she puppy-eyed in front of me, " let's ride there, please." there she goes again!

"i really wanted to accompany you but i had a bad memory in there when i was young." i explained myself to her. she pouted and started to wink her eyes fast. 

"you're scared, right?" i didn't mind her, "oh my gosh, lee hwitaek."

"i-i'm not!" i defended myself. it's even not that scary! i just started having phobia on rides because of that.

"admit it, you're scared." she scoffed.

"i told you--." i exclaimed but she cut me off. why does everybody likes to tease me?

her soft index finger got on it's way so clasp my lips. a sign for me to stop talking. that finger being on my lips felt like her soft lips colliding with mine. what the hell am i thinking.

"come with me and let's overcome that fear of yours." she took my hand and pulled me to that boat-like structure.