XIIII : oppa

Hui

"hwi!!" we were both taken aback when someone called me. and there's this awkwardness, again.

"hyojong!!" i waved at him and he ran into our direction. he didn't spoke but his brows was furrowed.

"soojin, this is my friend hyojong. hyo—-," before i could finish, soojin cutted me off.

"i know him. hyuna asked her out for a dinner last time. he also has an interest on my sister," soojin chuckled and that made hyojong surprised.

"you can't deny it anymore hyojong. plus feel comfortable with me. you may see me as a b*tchy sometimes but just bear with it. i can't understand myself too sometimes." she said.

"i'll try. say hi to hyuna from me." hyojong added that made us laugh.

"you really like hyuna that much." i teasingly said to him.

"soojin, the cr's over there at the end of the alley. is it okay for you to go there alone?" i asked her pointing to the cr.

"it's okay. sorry to disturb you on your t-training. i should get going, hui and hyojong." soojin bid goodbye to us.

**

"how did you two became that close? spill the tea." hyojong said and took a sip from his coffee.

"remember when soojin asked to talk to me." hyojong curled his brows. "when we are at the cafeteria with your friends."

"ah, i remember it now."

"oh by the way, your friends hyunggu and shinwon, we trained together earlier."

"i need you to spill the tea right now." he ordered so i have no choice but to spill it all.

"dude, that escalated quickly. i mean you're so soft-hearted and you forgive her that easy?" he said and took another sip at his coffee.

am i too soft-hearted? tell me.

"the only thing i know that time that the best thing to do is to forgive her." i said.

"hey!" i tapped his shoulders.

"what?"

"what's the thing between you and hyuna? c'mon, spill it. i've already done my part." i insisted him.

"break's time is already over. we have to go back for our training." he said and took the last sip from his coffee.

i glared at him. he was chuckling.

"hey, that's unfair!" 

due to my loud voice, everyone laid their eyes on me and it made me embarassed. i'm here at the cube café in this was crowded. oh no. hyojong walked slowly like a turtle while i rushed going out of the café as fast as i can.

**

the training was finally finished before 9pm than it is supposed to be. thanks to the cooperation of some trainees. today, we focused on vocal lessons and we'll learn that this whole week. i can't say i am tired because i just sat all day. i waited for hyojong in the lobby. i waited for about 5 minutes but hyojong isn't here.

"yeeun!" i shouted when i saw her getting out of the elevator. i haven't seen her since the yesterday. maybe she was just busy on some stuffs.

"oh, hui." she went near me and sat beside me.

"did you already finished your training?" she didn't spoke but she just nodded. maybe she was somewhat guilty of what happened last time. but i can't bear seeing girls with some random addict guys because they are uncomfortable. i have a sister too, and that's also a one reason why.

i was just right in time. what if i wasn't there? did something worse will happen to her? but thankfully i was in there to rescue her. her eyes were pleasing fear that time. well i don't care if i'm injured as long as they are safe. i don't want that to happen also to jieun. i have to protect her. i always have to.

"hui, i'm sorry for getting you into trouble last time. you could've ran away and leave me there. i-i am already a grown up and i know what to do." she said and looked down. she was really guilty.

"do you want yourself to be raped by those bunch of men? what if they'll kill you and sell some parts of your body. we weren't that close but i know that you need help. i don't like seeing girls being treated like that. i have a sister too."

"but still, i am sorry."

"it's alright, yeeun."

a moment of silence came in between of us and none spoke. the atmosphere was awkward that it used to be.

"i—-,"

"le—,"

"you go first." i told her.

"i think i should go." she said and fixed her things.

"you can come with us with my friend hyojong so that i can also secure your safety plus i have to take a peek on jieun. let's just wait for him. he should be here any minu—, oh there he is." i said and pointed hyojong, getting out of the elevator.

"have we met before?" hyojong asked while looking at yeeun. she was also bewildered and thinking deeply.

"ah! you're the one who screamed earlier, right? i think my eardrums are damaged." yeeun said and rubbed both of her ears.

hyojong rubbed his temples and shook his head. "well, sorry."
hyojong said and placed his arms around my shoulder.

"let's go?" i said and we got out of the building. the dormitory wasn't far from here that's why we just decided to take a walk plus we can also save some money. we arrived at the dorm and hyojong went to our unit while i came with yeeun to check jieun.

when i entered their unit, i saw jieun lying on the sofa with scattered papers on the table. she must've fallen asleep while reviewing. i turned the tv off and carried jieun to her room. yeeun even helped me to fix jieun's papers.

i grabbed her blanket and covered half of her body.  she jerked out of sleep and saw me in front of her. " o-oppa?"

she said and rubbed her eyes. "why are you here?" she continued to blink her eyes.

" i just finished my training and decided to check you but you were asleep and your papers were scattered." i told her.

"are you alone?" she asked me.

"ah, no. i came with yeeun and hyojong. just go back to sleep and you still have classes tomorrow." i kissed her forehead and said, "goodnight, jieun."

i turned off the lights and closed the door. "yeeun, i have to go now."

she was in the kitchen and washing some dishes. "okay."
before i could go out of their unit, yeeun called me.

"hmm?"

"g-goodnight, oppa. sleepwell."

i nodded to her and closed their door and went to our unit.

oppa. this is the first time that she called me that way. i went to my room and slummed myself into my bed and slept. tomorrow's another day.

———-

after 123456789 years. joke. classes will be over soon and i'll update frequently. thank you for 2k reads.
정말 감시합니다 여러분!! <333