Her Little Bee

-Saturday Night-
"Castiel. Are you sure you're okay?" Lucifer interrogates. "You're pale and I saw your hands and I think-"

"I'm fine Luci. I just need time," I cut him off just as Gabe's red '69 Stingray pulls into the drive. The only reason that I actually know what car it is, is because Gabe "casually" mentions it whenever he seems necessary.

"Sup bitches!" he calls out the window, while his boyfriend Sam, sits in the passenger seat rubbing his forehead.

"El cielo punta!" Lucifer calls out. That year of Spanish he took in high school was mighty helpful.

"Ah, Cassie. How you been. Just kidding I don't care. I'm hear to avenge my donuts," Gabe spurts with a grin. Sam steps out, nearly smacking his head on the door frame, followed by Gabe with a sucker stick hanging out of his mouth. "So kiddo, how's the house?"

"Gabe, I just moved in. I'm still trying to come to terms that I have a house," I admit with a smile grabbing the board game from the back seat of Luci's car.

Suddenly Sam buts in, "I hope Dean hasn't driven you mad yet." He grins a huge, puppy dog smirk. I've always liked Sam. He's a good influence on Gabe, especially seeing as he's an overgrown child. Sam currently going to law school, which is twice as much as Gabriel will ever accomplish.

"Ah. Actually-" Lucifer starts before I elbow him in the stomach. He growls and I force a smile.

"It's all good Sam. He's done great at being inviting."

Sam deadpans. "He's been flirting, hasn't he?" Gabe makes a rude gesture from behind him, implying something about Dean and I, to which I slip off my shoe and chuck it at his head. I don't exactly miss, but at least I hit where it counts. He doubles over and whimpers what sounds like:

"Don't damage the goods, you're already in debt." To which I ignore.

"Nah... um... yeah," I sigh. "But, I don't really care as if right now. I've lived with Gabe for 21 years."

I lead them inside, Sam walking next to me. He talks about schooling while Lucifer giggles about Gabe still clutching his crotch.

When I open the door to the house, I find a very uncomfortable Dean and Micheal sipping a bottle of water. The beers are nowhere to be seen. I decide it's best not to say anything.

"Um... where's Gabriel?" Dean asks recomposing himself.

"Cassie threw a shoe at his dick and he's currently in the driveway crying," Lucifer smirks, reclaiming his spot on the counter. "We got the game at least."

"Well, at least I know Cas can handle himself," he grins as if he didn't just trigger me minutes ago.

"Cas?" I ask in a condescending tone.

Sam answers first, "Just roll with it. He finds it necessary to shorten everyone's names. He's a simple man."

"Ay! I can be smart! Uh, 10 times 10 is 100. The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell?"

"He's right last time I checked," Gabe states stumbling into the house and into the kitchen.

"Look who decided to join us! Welcome to the party!" Lucifer hollers earning a smile from everyone but Micheal, and Gabe of course. I dunno what Micheal said, but Dean refuses to look at him. He doesn't say anything, but I can feel his eyes staring into the back of my neck.

"Fuck off Lucifer," Gabriel growls standing a seat at the counter next to Sam.

"So... I guess I'll start cooking burgers if that's okay with everyone?" I stare, although it sounds like more of a question than anything.

"Sure."

"Sounds great."

"Okay. I'll make them on the stove while you all go start a game," I tell them, opening the fridge to pull out the burger.

"Okee. I call being the hat!" Gabe shouts after Lucifer as he darts to the living room. Sam and Micheal follow slowly behind, but Dean stays.

"So uh... I'll help you," he says awkwardly pulling out a few things of spices to mix with the burger. It's awkwardly silent as he takes the meat from my hands and mixes it in the bowl. I start up the stove and grab a large pan out of the cabinet. "Look Castiel. I'm sorry if I crossed a line. Micheal didn't say anything other than if I hurt you, he'll kill me. I understand if you don't-"

"Dean. It's fine. It's over and if you don't mind, I don't really want to talk about it," I stop him quietly, not looking up from the pan. He sets four burgers into the pan then puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Look. I'll I'm saying is, if you ever want to talk, I'm here for you. Granted we've only known each other a day, but I'm here for you now," he whispers. I look him in the eye.

"Thanks."

It's quiet for a few more moments, but then he starts talking again.

"So... homosexuwhale?" he snickers. I roll my eyes.

"Lucifer again. He got me the shirt a while ago and it must have been the only clean one I had," I grumble. Dean mutters something under his breath, but I don't catch it in time.

"Got a thing for bees too?" he genuinely asks. I shrug.

"When I was little, before my mom died, I had this stuffed bee that I took everywhere. I was so obsessed with them, that I talked Lucifer into catching one for me, but that's another story. I was an anxious kid and the only way Mom could get me to calm down was honey tea. So, from then on she called me her little bee. It's been an inside joke ever since I could remember," I smile to myself, forgetting that I was talking to Dean Winchester.

"That's cute," he grins, but quickly remembers Micheal's threat. "When I was little, Sammy and I moved around a lot. He was always a lot smarter than me, but I had this real interest in Mythology and stories about things like that. For years, I was convinced Dad hunted monsters while he left us with  Bobby. In reality, all he was hunting was whiskey."

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear," I whisper flipping the burgers.

"Don't be. Bobby was a great caretaker. Taught me to hunt and play ball. He was like a father to me and Sam," he smiles recalling old memories.

"What happened to him?" I ask watching as his facial expressions change.

"He was in the hospital for some time. An angry, little British fellow came by the house one day and told me that he was leaving for a while. By then, I could pay for an apartment for Sammy and I."

It's then I remain silent. Maybe he isn't so dense.