Play Along

-Sunday Evening-
"Okay. So this is what I've got," I say looking at my notebook full of details. Dean sits across from me on the couch. We've spend three hours working out every little detail. "My name is Castiel Collins, but you call me Cas, one s not two. We met a few weeks before hand. I was getting tea at a coffee shop and you thought I was weird, so we talked. You offered me a room as a roommate and we went from there. I'm a small town boy from Sioux Falls, South Dakota who moved here for college. That's all the same." I pause for a breath and Dean nods in agreement with the story so far.

"About right."

"So. Now how are we supposed to come out to the world about us? I mean... I feel like it's too soon right now..." I trail.

"Yeah... we should probably wait a few days. Actually how about I show you how to navigate my channel so you somewhat know what you're doing," he grins and sits behind me on the couch, legs cradling my thighs. I can practically feel his breath on my neck.

"Ya know. We aren't actually dating, right?" I question, growing uncomfortably comfortable. For some, odd, weirdly descriptive reason, his legs fit perfectly around myself. Before he can do anything more, I scoot myself to instead sit next to him. He sits directly next to me, making a point of wrapping an arm over my shoulder.

"Yeah. I just wanted to make sure that when we do have to be couple, I can be comfortable with you," he grins another huge smile.

"Fine." I don't agree just because he's cute, he has a point.

~~~

-Monday Morning-
"Goodbye Dean! I'll be back around 1!" I shout as I pull on my trench coat and shoes.

"Goodbye Honey!" he replies, using the stupid fucking nickname he's used since I told him about my honey tea.

I step out the door and walk to my car. It takes me a few seconds before I can work up the nerve to open the door and start the car. Once inside I pull out of the drive and head toward the college. It's only around thirty minutes from the house, less if I drive fast. Which I don't.

~~~

Class is long. Boring. But it's the last class. I get occasional stares and at first I assume I have something on my face, but then I realize it is my face.

I'd forgotten how difficult it would be to go anywhere in public without people noticing who I am, or I am supposed to be. I give a smile and wave at a girl, but then go back to taking the last few notes before online classes and testing starts.

It's something that I'd already researched before in high-school, but I take the notes anyways. To be honest, I don't even really need to take half these classes, but they're required so I do. My dad was a surgeon so I learned almost everything when I was young. He wanted at least one doctor in the family, and I was youngest so I had last dibs. Lucifer, well we know how he turned out. Micheal has a job as a club bouncer, so yeah... and Gabriel is just... I don't even know. I'm thrown from my thoughts when the professor bursts.

"So class. I'm sorry to say this is the last class. Some of you might quit, but others of you will going on to be great doctors," he smiles. "Anyways, happy doctoring."

"Doctoring?" Charlie quietly snorts from besides me as the Professor dismisses us.

"Maybe he should've taken more English classes in high school," I add on, smirking as I pack up my stuff and heading out the door. "Anyways. Do you wanna come over tonight? I mean, I'll tell Dean to make food. We could watch Sherlock or something?"

"Sure that sounds-"

"You're that guy from Dean's channel right?" I turn to see a girl with waved blonde hair and blue eyes. She stops us just outside. "I'm Bela Talbot, channel seven news. I'd like to ask-" I'd like to say that I'm not Dean's little bitch, but I do exactly as he says and keep walking. Charlie must get the memo, because she follows me. "Hey! Are you dating Dean Ackles!"

Suddenly, everyone's staring at me and Charlie. I can feel their eyes burning into my back as I get closer to my car. The reporter follows behind us, drawing in a crowd from all around. She continues spurting questions, which causes us to move faster. Charlie places her hand on my shoulder. "You'd better leave. I'll come over another time." I go to object but realize that she's right and give her a nod.

"Thank you Charlie," I say and bolt behind a car to get away. I weave around cars in hopes to lose the reporter and surprisingly it works. I get to my car, toss my backpack into the back, and pull out of the parking lot. "This is going to be a lot fucking harder than I thought."

~~~
-Monday Evening-

"Hey Dean, I'm home!" I shout tossing my backpack onto the couch and flopping down next to it. I sigh and stretch myself out, looking around. I scrunch up my nose and remember that the new reporter said she was from channel seven. Snatching the remote from the coffee table, I turn on the tv and tune to the channel.

"Hey I'm Bela Talbot from channel seven news! Welcome to the most accurate and fastest news source! Now for the news," she pauses and Dean's  picture flashes on the screen. "As most of you know, Dean Ackles, world renowned YouTuber has had a little surprise on his channel. Yesterday morning this man walked in on a live stream:" she pauses again to show me walking into his office. "Today, I had a chance to meet this mystery man." The video of me escaping through the parking lot plays on the screen.

"Watcha watching Cas?" Dean asking sitting down in the crook of my legs. I groan.

"It's the news. I knew they'd find me eventually but I assumed it'd be later than a day," I sigh using the back of my hand to rub my forehead.

"It'll be alright. Eventually everything will calm down and you'll get into school and you'll be a great-"

"Okay Dean. I get the point. Can I just- I don't know."

"Alright Cas." He doesn't say anything and goes back to watching the tv. The story's changed but I still can't focus. Someday, my kids are going to hear about this. One day I'm going to be giving an exam to a patient and they're going to say something about Dean. Once I do this, it's never going to stop.

"What are we supposed to do? I mean, when people start asking things that we don't have the answers to. What if they ask a question twice and we both say different things? What if I mess something up? What if-"

"Then we'll figure it out, Cas. Just like I said, it will be alright," he reassures. "All you have to do is play along."