It's My Fault She's Dead

A/N: Hey guys this is going to be a shorter chapter but trust me, its worth it. Anyways. Enjoy.

"Hey! Deano how's it going?" Gabriel calls from the door, after letting himself in. I stand up, glad to have a distraction from the awkward conversation. Dean must feel the same way because he stands alongside me. 'I'm sorry Charlie but I really don't like your girlfriend. She makes everything awkward and I'm sure that she's out to get me.'

"Not bad Gabe," he smiles but when Sam enters, he beams, "Sammy! How is school?" Sam is just as happy to see him. I've always envied Sam and Dean's relationship. Gabe and I were close but not even near Dean's level with Sam.

"Great. How's the channel?" he grin, the tone in his voice matching Dean's perfectly. They continue talking while Gabe comes over to me.

"Sooooo," he says mischievously. "How are you and Deano?" I roll my eyes with a small smile.

"Still the same as when you asked last night. He's just a friend," I respond trying to hide the uncertainty from my voice. To be completely honest, I don't even know what we are. Best friends? Roommates? Fake boyfriends?

"Huh," he smirks, "I guess. Anyway, how are you? I haven't seen you since like... last week?" He chuckles, taking a sucker out of his pocket. 'Well, Dean was right about that.' I shake my head.

"You know, you probably have like twenty cavities from those," I joke, motioning towards the stick poking out of his mouth. He just gives me a big, toothy grin and hugs me.

"I've really missed you, Cassie," he whispers but the moment is quickly ruined after he smacks me on the side of the head, "and I don't have any cavities you ass."

"Oh wow, you started the party without me!" I about hit Gabe back but I'm distracted by the sound of the Devil. "I can't believe you guys!" Lucifer whines. I watch as Lucifer and Micheal appear in the house, the both of them carrying cases of pop.

"Sorry that we're late. Lucifer had us stop in case you didn't have the kind he liked," Micheal claims in an exhausted voice. I know that Micheal and Lucifer don't always get along but they are two of the closest people I've ever met. It's like Gabe and I, we can annoy each other but in the end, we're family.

"That's cool. Here Cas and I can take them to the kitchen while you settle in," Dean offers, already taking a case from Lucifer. I huff and take them from Micheal, who looks surprisingly comfortable. It takes me off guard because he's always tense. Not really anxious, more prepared if I do say.

"Thank you. What a gentleman," Lucifer taunts, wiggling his eyebrows at me suggestively. I growl at him but he just smiles without a care and turns to the couch. Following Dean into the kitchen, I lug the cases. As soon as I step inside, he looks at me with sorrowful eyes.

"Look. I'm sorry I invited Charlie and her girlfriend," he says quietly, pulling me away from their earshot. I give him a confused look and tilt my head to the side.

"Why?" He gives me a "really" look that a mom would give her son. 'Momma Dean.' The thought makes me choke on nothing and it ends in a coughing fit.

"What?"

"Its nothing," I reassure. He doesn't look like he believes me but continues anyway.

"I meant that I'm sorry I invited them without permission. It's obvious that you don't like Gilda," he stammers rubbing the back of his neck uncomfortably. I feel the embarrassed blush flood my face once again. 'How the hell does this always happen with him.'

"Is it really that obvious? I mean, I try to hide it," I sigh, subconsciously starting to rub the back of my own neck. I notice and shove my hand back into my pocket.

"Cas. You are horrible at hiding how you feel. Trust me," he grins but its half-hearted. I sigh, hoping it wasn't obvious for the rest of them.

"Really? Do you think Charlie noticed?" I ask, wanting reassurance. He gives a shrug, which he does a lot, I know.

"Nah. Not to be rude but I don't she's completely "all there" if you know what I mean," he states.

"Well, we tend to only see what we want when we are in love. The opposite if you aren't," I admit with an impassive shrug. "She's not usually like this."

"I understand. But I think that Gilda is up to something. Try to keep your cool," he advises. I nod and hear Lucifer call for us from the living room.

"You two better not be kissing! My Cassie is too innocent for that!" I roll my eyes and head out, not waiting for the green-eyed boy behind me.

"Would you be quiet for once you big oaf?" Gabriel yells at him for me. "Just because Destiel is adorbs, doesn't mean we can rush it. It's a slow-burn ship." I shoot a glare his way and take a seat on the floor in front of Charlie. Gabe and Sam took Dean and I's seat but I don't mind. I grab my teacup from the side table and move it to sit left of me. Dean has already claimed the right.

"I guess you're right Gabe," Lucifer accepts, "But you know I can't be quiet. It's my deadly sin."

"Aye, Sir Meliodas," Gabriel giggles to which Lucifer grins.

"I don't understand that reference," I blurt out, instantly regretting it the next second. Lucifer and Gabriel look shocked. I look to Sam and his face says it all. I done fucked up.

"Cas! It's a Netflix anime!" Gabe blubbers as though its common knowledge. I shrug.

"I'm more of a romantic drama, comedy guy."

"But that is what anime is!" Lucifer whines. As they all continue trying to explain it, Charlie leans down to whisper in my ear.

"I'm confused."

"Same," I agree. As two of my brothers continue to try and explain the show, I ignore them and try to focus on Charlie, Gilda, Dean, and I's side conversation. I nod to them occasionally to "prove" I'm listening. I'm not.

"So do you two think you'll ever get together?" Gilda asks suddenly, instantly catching me off guard. I find my eyes meeting Dean's as they trail down to my lips and I have to tear them away. I can feel them both staring at me as I swallow.

"I... uh," I trail off trying to break the silence but it just makes it worse. Dean says nothing and just sits in silence. Lucifer and Gabe must have caught on because even they are silent. Finally, Charlie saves me... I think.

"Oh, Castiel hasn't dated since... high school. He's waiting for graduation next year," she quickly answers. Gilda looks intrigued by my reaction and decides to push me farther.

"Who'd you date in high school Cas?" her voice purrs Dean's nickname and I instantly don't like it. It makes me upset, the way she says it.

"It's Castiel," Micheal's voice breaks into the conversation, ready to fight with his own voice. I notice the smallest gesture but I see it. Micheal nudges Lucifer and instantly his dad mode is activated.

"Hey, Cassie, why don't you show me your room? I haven't seen it all yet!" he whines but I know the real reason. I don't really care either. It's not like I don't think about her. I mean, it's my fault she's dead.