Weekend Stripper

-Still Thursday-

Dean ended up choosing exactly the shirts that I wanted him too and I choose to get rid of the tv "rating" shirt because I liked the other ones way too much to give them up. And although I'd never admit this to Dean, he definitely picked out the better shirts.

"Hey Cas, you up for burgers with Sam and Gabe at The Trickster's tonight? Sam just texted and asked 'cause they're in town," he questions getting ready to type out a reply to his younger brother.

"Yeah that sounds good, but what do you want to do until then? We already got face paint, our clothes, and some props for the photo booth and it doesn't make sense to go home and come back in like two hours." He looks at the plastic bags in his hand and then down to Bee and then back to me.

"I mean, I could put these in the trunk and maybe we can find like a dog park or something for Bee to go play. She's been cooped up since we finished her "lessons". She could probably use some exercise," he suggests, pulling the keys from his pocket while we make our way through the parking lot of the mall.

"Yeah, she probably needs to run off that bacon you were feeding her under the table this morning," I retort, giving him a soft elbow to the side and patting Bee's head.

He whimpers, scrunching up his nose at me, "I don't want her getting skinny!"

"Dean! Table food isn't good for her. I don't want my baby getting sick!" I whine as we manage to find the Impala and Dean opens the trunk to put the bags in the back. Without hesitation, he closes the trunk, hands me the keys, and climbs into the passenger seat after Bee jumps in and hops to the back. Thank Lucifer he somewhat understands.

~~~

We pull into the lot of the dog park and it seems like the entire town had the exact same plan as us. There are dogs and owners everywhere and I'm starting to wish I'd worn something better than a vintage Chevy shirt and a pair of blue jeans. Dean's out of the Impala before me, helping Bee take off her vest and adjusting her collar so it won't fall off in case she happens to get out of the chain fence. There are a hella lot of shirtless dudes playing with balls. 'Fuck that sounded bad.'

"God look at all the cuties out there," I joke to Dean, but when I notice his jaws clench, quickly add, "and their owners are pretty good looking too." His expression lightens and he rolls his eyes at me.

"Let's go you giraffe," he grumbles and starts towards the park.

I sigh and look down at Bee, who's sitting quietly at my feet even though she's technically "off duty". She stares back up at with with huge brown eyes. "Your other dad is such a stick in the mud sometimes." She begins to pant although it comes across as a smile more than anything.

We begin to follow Dean into the park and it seems like my own personal heaven. There are dogs everywhere. Anything from retrievers to terriers. "Holy shit."

Dean spins around with a stern look on his face, "Cas, there are children present!" I laugh when I realize he is talking about the number of puppies happily running around until their little legs get exhausted and they fall over.

I put a hand over my mouth and jokingly say, "Oops." Dean rolls his eyes and pats is side to call Bee to him. She happily trots over to him, her tail held high and wagging side to side. When she reaches his side he brushes her head and starts to open the first gate to the park. I soon join them and close the gate while he opens the second precautionary gate in case a dog gets out.

"Okay now missy, you stay away from all those dirty boys out there," Dean says in a fathering tone before he lets her out and into the yard. She runs out into the area joining a large group of dogs running around the perimeter. "Doesn't listen very well does she?"

I laugh, "Yeah, well at least we know she's an extrovert like you."

"Huh. I mean, I guess so."

I snort at the older boy, "What do you mean I guess so? You're literally the most extroverted person that I know!" He just shrugs it off and finds a bench near the gate where he sits to watch Bee. It's strange how peaceful he looks. The sky around him is a beautiful shade a blue and the grass causes the color of his eyes to shine against his freckled face. I can't understand how people could even mistake me for his boyfriend. I'm not even sure I could be his boyfriend with the difference of our appearances.

"What are you thinking about?" Dean suddenly asks and I realize I've been staring at him for God knows how long. 'Initiate bullshit mode.'

"I wonder why Sam and Gabe are in town? Special occasion I wonder?" I quickly lie. He does that weird thing where he pokes out his bottom lip and thinks.

"I don't know either. Double date maybe?"

I quirk up my eyebrows, "A double date. With us."

He shrugs and turns away from me while mumbling something under his breath. "I don't know. They could just be road tripping down here before we leave for Kansas City."

"Yeah, maybe," I respond, looking for Bee. She's bounding around the park with some other dogs who chase a ball thrown by another owner. She's having the time of her life. "I think she needs a friend."

That statement has Dean whipping around to look at me. "No."

Just because I want to tease him, I give him some puppy dog eyes and his signature pouting lip. "But why? Bee needs a little brother."

"First of all," Dean sighs, a slight pink washing over his face, "Bee would get jealous. And secondly, how do you think you're going to pay for another dog? You're still in college for another year or two."

"I'll become a stripper on the weekends."

"Damnit Cas," he grumbles, bringing his hand to his forehead and the pink darkens to a deep shade of red. Even though I know that I couldn't possibly afford another dog, I still enjoy talking about something with Dean rather than thinking about how good looking he is and ruining my self-esteem.

"I think I'd make a great pole-dancer don't you think?" I laugh, not waiting for a response. "Yeah, I know I probably couldn't get another dog yet. But I like the idea of having something other than myself to take care of."

"You managed to take care of me when I was sick. I thought you did fine," he shrugs, turning his body to face me instead of the park.

"Yeah you were also unconscious half the time." He smiles lightly and his face flushes red again. I'd like to say I've never seen him so flustered, but that would be a lie.

"Yeah..." The mention of his sickness reminds me of the awkward encounter that happened just moments before he saw my scars across my back. Even now after a month, I've still put off telling him about that night. I don't know if I'm more afraid of him knowing or the memories it'll return.

~~~~

Sorry for the short (filler) update! I've been real busy with finals coming up and writing has kinda been the last thing on my mind. I'm still planning some big things for the next few episodes with not only Destiel but a few other characters as well. More fluff will soon fill your minds! Thanks guys!