Everything Couples Do

-The Next Morning-
|Cas|

A soft, morning light shines through the pair of curtains I bought during a living room makeover video. The room is covered in bodies. Alive bodies. But bodies none the less. Everyone in the house is accounted for except Dean, who's spot next to myself has been replaced with the golden fur of Bee. I shift slightly and her eyes peer open at me, caramel brown in the light.

I turn to look around and find where everyone fell asleep during the movie last night. Gabriel and Sam, of course, are pressed together on the couch. Gabe's back is tucked towards the larger boy's stomach. Sam's long arm is snaked underneath Gabe's and sits in front of his chest. His nose nestles gently in the nape of Gabe's neck. Charlie is curled into a ball amidst all of my fluffiest blankets on the floor. She probably spent most of the night snuggling with Bee until Dean got up this morning. He has always been an early bird.

Lucifer has taken the liberty of sleeping in the armchair. His legs are draped over one of the arms while his shoulders hang over the other. His body is being supported only by a pillow underneath him, but his mouth hangs open with soft snores. Meanwhile, Micheal has taken the other chair and sits in the chair as though he's awake, but his head is tossed back in sleep.

I slide off the couch, leaving Bee glare at me and pad barefoot around Charlie and the lovers on the opposite sofa. I'm surprised that Sam's legs even fit on the short cushions, but he's made it work the last how many nights. This has become a common sight at Dean and I's house. The neighbors probably think we are having orgies by the sounds that come out of the house while they are here.

I sneak a peek into the kitchen and find it empty, which is surprising seeing as the coffee pot has been made and is completely full. Dean almost never leaves without having some in the morning.

The next place I check for the absent Dean is the garage. However, I already know he isn't in there based upon how still and quiet it is. I look anyways. He is nowhere to be found.

I drift back out into the area where everyone is still asleep. My last resort is to check the filming room. As I near the door, I'm greeted by the sound of Dean's voice. I shouldn't say greeted though.

"Oh, fucking shit. What the hell. What the fucking hell in shit. Fuck me, fuck me. This is shit," he drags on and on, and I'm not sure whether to interrupt him or not. My morals get the best of me and I open the door to the room to check to be sure he hasn't cut off his hand or something crazy like that.

"That's enough swears to push a baby into adulthood," I laugh as I open the door and close it behind me. He's sitting at his desk, arms raised over his head, looking as though he's completely lost it. I raise an eyebrow, debating whether to leave the room or sit down.

He sighs, his arms still up with his hands cupping the back of his head, "Yeah. Well, that baby would be having a better day than me." I roll my eyes, assuming he is exaggerating, and take a seat on the floor in front of him, with my legs crossed and my hands in my lap.

"It's probably not that bad. C'mon what's up?" I ask as he looks down at me from the desk chair. I'm surprised to find that he actually looks really distraught, which doesn't look good on him in the slightest. His eyes look electric against his pale skin, whatever is going on has drained it completely of color.

Those eyes of his drain their emotion into me. Whatever he says, I know I'll be dreading it. "Cas... this isn't good. Like at all..."

He stops as if asking if he should continue. Despite my fear, I look back at him expectantly, my own eyes meeting his.

"It seems as though someone has found where we live."

~~~

"What do you mean you guys have to move?" Charlie asks concern seeping into her voice. Dean has managed to get everyone into the living room. They all sit around us and not even Lucifer looks as though he is enjoying himself.