Making Plans

-Wednesday Late Morning- (6 days later)

"Whatcha doing Cas?" Dean asks, plopping himself down on my bed. For the past week, it's been a cycle of recording, studying, and sleeping. Dean's been busy trying to find a way to make it easier for me to finish college over the internet, which means he's been recording a lot of things on his own. Ever since the kid at Walmart, Dean and I have been spending a lot more time together when we can at least. Charlie, Lucifer, and Gabe have been texting and calling a lot, mostly about school. Lucifer mainly tries to get me to admit "the truth" and say Dean and I are dating, but I could care less. School is too important and I don't want to get behind.

I sigh and adjust the pillow underneath me, letting my hands rest gently on my laptop. "Studying for another test." What's the name of the autoimmune disease that causes the pancreas to stop producing natural insulin? My eyes and head throb from the hours I've spent staring at the screen. Dean groans and sprawls out across the bed. "Tell me about it."

"Will you please just leave this bed and go do something. I mean you've been in here for days," he complains. When I don't respond he grumbles and closes the lid to my laptop. "C'mon Casssssttttiieeeellllll. Let's go do anything. Please." I scrunch up my nose and squint my eyes at the boy laying in front of me. He just grins teasingly and gets up from the bed. "Fine, then I'm taking this," his hand shoots out and takes my phone, "and I'm making plans for you."

"Dean! Give me back my phone!" I growl and sit up in my bed. He sticks out his tongue playfully and heads toward the door. 'What an ass. If only murder was legal.'

"Take a shower. Get dressed. Then come downstairs. I'll give you back your phone afterward but you need to do something other than sit around and study. I know it's important to you but you need a break," he reasons tucking my phone into his back pocket. 'Like that'd stop me.' If I wasn't so lazy, I'd tackle him and get it but he's too far and I'm too lazy.

I squint at him again, my eyes still sore from the screen. "Fine. But I'm not leaving the house." He rolls his eyes and huffs.

"Alright. As long as you do something," he sighs, opening the door to the hallway. I've never seen him so... tired. His eyes are a dull green and the bags under his eyes have grown over the past week. I know for a fact that he's gotten little sleep, mostly because I can hear him wandering the house at night or messing around in the garage. When he realizes that I have nothing left to say, he leaves. Quietly shuffling out of earshot, he's gone.

"Whatever Mom," I sigh, yet still I crawl out of my nest of blankets and head for my bathroom. It's a mess. Clothes are everywhere. Used towels draped across the counters and the shower doors. I'm honestly surprised that Dean hasn't cleaned it himself with him being such a Mom lately.

Walking into my closet, I end up picking out an Elvis shirt and a pair of basketball shorts from the small supply of clean clothes I have left.

~~~

After my shower and getting dressed, I end up procrastinating in my room. It's not that I don't want to hang out with Dean, I just... yeah I have no excuse. I honestly just want to lay in bed and not leave until I get my degree. Then this whole mess with Dean and YouTube will be over and I can get on with my life.

My body seems to just roam around the room aimlessly, my finger running along my desk and shelves. Its only been a week or more but it seems like I've lived with Dean for years. We just seem to work... live well together. Despite my first thoughts, he's a lot easier to live with then I initially thought. Sure, he's loud, blares his music, is up all night and a hell of a flirt sometimes but he's a good guy. He reminds me of her sometimes.

I think of her often. Sure, I was sixteen and she was my first actual date but I really did love her despite me never talking to her again after that night. My brothers didn't like her but she was nice to me. I never understood their concern. Hell, even Lucifer called her a demon.

'Maybe it was because I was still their little brother. That or Lucifer really wanted her to be a guy.' I roll my eyes. I was dating her before Gabriel even knew Sam. Hell, I was dating her before my denial-stage of realization. It was probably her that changed my thoughts on sexuality, not that I didn't love her. She was good for me. At least I hope so.

I hear Dean downstairs messing around and remember the brat still has my phone. Grumbling curses at the older boy, I head downstairs. There seems to be a different feeling about the house as if its missing something. "Dean?" I call out. I wait for a few seconds with no answer and decide that he's probably just out working on his car. "Figures." I trot down the stairs, bouncing with each step I take. At the bottom, I slip on a pair of shoes and walk out the front door. I find the garage door open but Dean's nowhere to be seen.

I step inside and take a look around. The garage is pretty much Dean's space so I'm only there when I need to leave or I come home. The car is probably the only neat part of the garage. He might keep inside nice but out here is a mess. Tools are spread everywhere along with random liquids that I have no idea about.

"There you are Cas," Dean's voice sounds from behind me. I turn to find him in a different outfit from this morning. He must notice me looking him over because he explains the next moment. "I was givin' her a quick paint while you were getting ready."

I could care less. "Where's my phone?" Dean gives his best "disappointed but not" mom look and takes it from his pocket. I snatch it from him and inspect it for faults. Nothing.

"I used it to make plans so I hope you don't mind but I invited a bunch of people over for a game night," he shrugs as if theft isn't actually a big deal.

I growl at him, "Who'd you invite?"

He shrugs again with a weird duck face, "I don't know. Your brothers, Sam, and some Charlie person and her girlfriend from what she said. I didn't think it'd be a big deal. I haven't seen Sam for a while and Lucifer has been texting me non-stop to make sure I'm taking care of you." I breathe out and grumble more curses. 'Of course.'

"Fine. But if they get on my nerve, it's your fault if I kill them. Especially Lucifer."

"Deal."

A/N Hey guys! I wanted to thank you all so much for reading this! You're all so amazing 😘. I have some plans coming up for the next chapter so I hope you are all super excited!

Leave a comment suggesting some "fan accounts" for comments- I'm not very good at stuff like that 😐😂thanks!!