A Big Dysfunctional Family

-Three Months Later-
|Cas|

"Hey! You guys better get out here and eat this or I'm going to shove it down your throat," I yell from the kitchen where I can hear the laughter of Dean, Sam, and my three brothers. Dean's is the most prominent. Loud and deep, as if he's declaring that he's here. It's been three months since the Pride parade and we haven't spoken of it since the car ride to the hotel. And I'm okay with that. Life with him is all that I could expect from him. It's an adventure.

Within the last three months, I haven't worried about the stress of life and all that it has to take from me. I don't shake at the thought of car rides, because I know that he won't expect me to magically overcome my fear. We have movie nights and game nights with friends, or maybe just us. Sometimes we even go out, but as friends of course.

That's the only downfall to my predicament. I've never been immune to his flirting or jokes, but now, after three months, I've come to expect them. Does it make my life of trying to get over him any easier? The answer is no. But I couldn't be any less happy with the cards I've been dealt. There are people in the world with it worse. I have no excuse not to be happy.

Bee is more than glad that we're home, although she missed me a lot more it seems. She's sitting at my feet, looking at the pot of soup sitting on the warm stove top. Her soft, golden fur is always well groomed. Despite Dean claiming that he's not trying to butter her up, she always seems slightly softer after spending time with him.

There are numerous sounds of footsteps leading into the kitchen as I begin to dish out food. I scoop out seven bowls of chicken noodle soup, with each bowl being a different color of the rainbow. They were a gift from Luci of course.

"Smells great, Cassie," the devil grins as he wraps an arm over my shoulder and snatches the green bowl from the counter. I roll my eyes with a scoff.

"You know. It's not polite to reach over people," I call after him as he disappears to the living room where I can hear the melodious Mario World music playing from the pause screen.

"Well, you're so short that I couldn't see you!" Lucifer laughs at his own joke from the living room, most likely patting himself on the back for having such a clever comeback. Once again I roll my eyes and grab the yellow bowl of soup. The rest of the "family" is standing patiently behind me. My eyes catch Dean's amused grin from the end of the line.

"Help yourself, there's plenty more if you want some," I offer, taking the warm bowl with me to the couch where I had occupied before I began cooking. Charlie is the next out of the kitchen, sporting the red bowl.

She looks a lot better than she did two months ago. After Dean and I returned from Pride, we found out that Gilda had been cheating on her with some guy from her hometown. Needless to say, I was not pleased, however Dean was nothing beyond infuriated. It took everything that I had not to let him "fix" her teeth.

I didn't like her from the start, but that didn't mean Charlie deserved anything like that.

Gabriel and Sam come out together. Gabriel has taken a liking to the purple bowl and Sam carries the white. The golden band on his hand glows against the ceramic. Gabe has been counting down the days. So far it's 182 days away and he's so excited that most of it has already been planned out.

Last out is Micheal and Dean who, surprisingly, have formed a strong friendship over the course of the last two months. Micheal seems to have taken an interest in the orange bowl whereas Dean has the blue bowl clutched into his hands. Our small "family" is something that I hope never changes over the years.

I hope we'll always have these Friday nights where all that can be heard throughout the house is the sound of laughter and cheering while Dean tries to wrestle the Mario Kart controller from my hands. The smiles that spread from face to face like wildfires after a stupid joke. Lucifer sitting in the corner providing commentary as Sam and Gabe share popcorn for movies. The lack of space in our tiny living room, forcing us all to share lap-space or sit shoulder to shoulder. The soft spur of breaths as I'm the last to fall asleep with Dean's head resting gently on my shoulder.