Friends Do That All the Time

|7:28 A.M| -Dean's POV-

I wake to a smooth ray of light peeking hazardously out from behind the drawn curtains. My cheeks are cold from the thermostat being turned all the way to the lowest setting, however, the rest of my body is warmer than anticipated. From my chest to my feet, heat emanates and sweat beads line my back. It's not uncomfortable, more unexpected.

The answer to the not problematic-problem happens to be nestled meekly on my chest, where I find a sleeping Castiel spurring soft breaths of unconsiousness. The events of the previous night come crashing back to me as I realize how intimate this position is. Granted, I tried the same thing while I was sick, but it never ended up like this. Hell, it ended up far worse than this.

But, I'm not one to ignore an adorable sleeping angel laid across my chest. His eyes flutter with dreams and his soft hair tickles at my nose as I take a deep breath in. 'He smells like honey and vanilla...'  I think to no one in particular. It catches me off guard, however the scent is comforting.

A soft, incoherent murmur escapes his lips as he begins to wake up. 'Shit. I'm gonna look like a creep if I'm just sitting here.' I barely have time to react as Castiel starts to stir from his sleep, shifting against my body. My only option is to go back to fake sleeping. Forcing my eyes to stay closed as he wakes up is nearly impossible. I hear an audible yawn along with feeling him stretch all the way down my body. His toes curl at the end of the bed and his fingers grasp at my shirt like a cat waking from a nap.

"Hmmm?" he grumbles wiping the sleep from his weary eyes. It's too soon before he realized exactly who he's sleeping on top of and a surprised squeak forces it's way out of his mouth. The next mess of words out of his mouth are hushed and frantic, "Oh shitfuck... oh shitshitshitshitshiitzz..."

I nearly smile as I feel him slowly slipping off of me and I decide it wouldn't be too bad to make his heart skip in the slightest. With a low, guttural groan I reposition myself to my side, taking the frantically panicking Cas with me. My arms wrap over his chest and I trap his legs within my own, pulling him tight to my body. His hushed worries continue to freak out, slowly becoming less and less PG13. With his back pressed to my chest, I give myself some slack and let a small smile creep onto my face, knowing that he can't see.

With the pleasure that I'm getting out of this small joke, I decide it wouldn't hurt to take it just a step further. My face finds it's way to his the back of his neck, my nose and forehead promptly pressed against the back of his soft head of hair. Inhaling the smell of his honey shampoo, I let myself whisp out a few words I know will make him go red. "Mmm... Casszzz..."

Another squeak emerges from his mouth and I can feel the heat pick up from the blood rushing to his face. He starts to try prying my fingers from him, one by one in an act of desperation. I smile once last time and loosen my grip enough for him to wiggle out of my grasp.

There's no harm in just a little joke, right? I mean, friends do that all the time.

~~~

The sound of water spilling out of the showerhead is the signal that I can crawl out of the bed. When I pull the sheets from my body, I realize just how warm Cas kept me throughout the night. Shivers run through me and goosebumps form on my arms. 'God, he was warm...'

After taking another moment to wake myself up, I reach for my bag on the table next to Cas's yellow suitcase. I grab the only other shirt out of my bag, which happens to be the white "I'm A Mixtape" shirt and a pair of blue jeans. Despite the fact that my favorite shirt is the "Bisexuwhale" one, I decided it would be best if I saved it for another video to twin with Cas.

I also grab a pair of black Calvin Kleins to change into as well. Seeing as I still hear the shower running from the bathroom, I figure that he's still washing off. 'I should just be able to change out here.'