When Will You Be Home

|Dean| Same Day

I had not expected Castiel to take so deeply to the challenge. If I had not been in on the secret, I would have never guess that we weren't actually dating . The way he manages to brush past me in the kitchen, sending jolts through my body. The way he fits ever so perfectly curled into the crook of my legs. Or how he manages to almost fall asleep on my chest. It's acting at its finest.

"So what are we gonna do for the rest of the day, dear?" Cas asks, managing to tap into his innocent boyfriend facade. His hair has grown long enough to drape over his forehead and nearly hang over his eyes.

"I'm not sure. What do you wanna do?" I shrug, adjusting myself from underneath him where he lays with his cheek laying against my chest. Bright, blue eyes that seem to be made directly out of crystals stare up at me as if I know all the answers to every question that's ever been asked. I'd give anything to answer them for him.

He presses a finger to his full lips and makes a small, "Hmm" sound. His nose scrunches up in thought and he breathes in deep. "I don't know. Let's go somewhere. Anywhere. Do anything." He shifts his body so the back of his head lays against my chest now. His torso just long enough that I can smell the honey-vanilla shampoo from his dark locks of hair. Instinctively, my arms wrap around his waist, just above his hipbones. I can feel the slight jolt of his body, him forgetting for a second that this is all acting.

"Alright then. Go get in the car," I smile, running my hands up the length of his body until I'm playfully pushing him off of me and onto the floor next to the couch. Peering over the edge of the couch, I look down at a quite adorably mad Castiel.

"Dickhead," he grumbles as Bee comes over and inspects that he is alright. She licks at his face and sniffs in his ear causing a light bit of laughter to come from the small boy.

I roll my eyes, but my smile exposes me. "Come on. Put her vest on and let's head out."

~~~
Cas's fingers run along the leather of the steering wheel as we drive down the road. Honeybee lays quietly in the back with her vest pulled over her golden coat. Cas sports a similar kind of dressing. A yellow tee shirt with black jeans. His hair hangs over his forehead in dire need of a cut. His blue eyes masked by sunglasses that reflect the glare of the yellow Kansas sun.

I've decided to go for a black tee shirt with the outline of Texas over the front and a red and black flannel. My pants are similar to Cas's but tighter against my legs. I also have chosen a pair of sunglasses to wear.

"Where we headed then?" he asks, after getting on to the main highway towards town.

"Wanna go to like... I actually have no clue. What's a seasonal thing that we could do? Or like the movies?" I give out a few half-hearted suggestions. He seems pretty indifferent.

"What's playing downtown? Anything worth seeing?" He asks, drumming his fingers along the steering wheel along with the beat of Smoke On the Water. "I wouldn't mind some popcorn."

"Uh... there's that one scary movie I think. I don't know about the rest," I huff, starting to pull up the theater website to find the details. "Yeah, there's a showing in an hour if we wanna go."

He shrugs and hits the blinker to change lanes.

~~~
|Castiel's POV|
The theater is anything but packed. It's a literal ghost town when Dean and I walk in. It's like the only other people alive are the two teenagers running the popcorn machine behind the counter, and even they look dead.

Bee stands closely to my side, sensing my unease at the lack of people. Meanwhile Dean tucks his hand into mine and gives its a light, reassuring squeeze. I take in a deep breath and follow him toward the counter.

"Welcome to Magic Theater, where stories come to life. How can I help you today," the employee says in a tone that is all but magical. However I can understand. If I had to say that to get paid, I'd jump from the roof.

"Uh, let's get the Master Merlin. That comes with a large popcorn and drink right?" Dean asks from my side, looking up at the illuminated sign over the counter.

"Yeah. What kind of drink sir?"

"Let's do a large coke with two straws."

"Will that be all for you sir?"

"Yeah. That's all," he grumbles matching the tone of the zombie employee.

"Your total is 12.99."

I zone out looking at a couple of movie posters along the wall leading to the screen room. There's a few kids movies, but I can't help but feeling strange when I notice a poster with what seems like a car accident. The movie's called When Will You Be Home and from the looks of it, it's a emotional romance. There's something about it that sticks with me. Almost like an ominous warning.

Even though Dean begins to lead me towards the room, the feeling seems to follow me and I can't seem to shake it even with Bee pressing against me.

"Hey, you alright?" Dean asks, as he notices me being distant.

"Yeah, I just have a strange feeling. I must be getting sick or something," I say, trying to convince myself as well as Dean. He nods and continues into the theater where he picks a sit in the direct middle of the entire place.

"This is the best place to sit. All the speakers meet right here and it has the best sound," he informs me.

"Huh. That's interesting. Where'd you learn that?"

His expression seems to tense in the slightest. "On one of the trips Dad took me on, he left me and Sammy alone for about a month. I ended up having to get a job in this junky old theater where no one would show up, so I'd get to watch the movies that were playing. Mostly Old West Reruns for the old folk and whatever new junk would come out."

"Huh. Living the dream weren't you," I laugh as the previews come on.

"Yeah, I was just a couple people short from it being the dream life."

~~~~

A/N
So um... I may or may not have gotten an evil spark of ingenious that might make a lot of y'all kinda... sad?

So yeah. Be ready for that. And some trigger warnings... fun fun.

But thank y'all for reading and hopefully I don't make you cry too much?

All the love- Author