It's Now Or Never

|Castiel's POV|

I watch the director of events step into the curtains and disappear to the cheering fans on the other side. Dean's hand has take it's position in my own, his fingers winded into mine. The voice of the director is loud and booming over the microphone as he introduces us to all of the awaiting people on the other side. Despite being more expirenced this time around, I'm nearly twice as nervous.

"I would like to introduce to the stage, Dean Ackles and Castiel Collins!" My grip tightens on his hand as Dean leads us out from behind the curtains with a huge smile plastered across his face. The crowd erupts, shouting so loudly that I can barely focus as I follow Dean to a pair of high-topped black chairs with four water bottles placed neatly on a table between them. Glancing around, I notice cameras that project our pictures to screens on either sides of the stage, along with behind us so people in the back can still see. Cameras flash photos of us as Dean takes his own seat.

Our grasp of each other's hands breaks when I sit in my own chair, waiting for the crowd's roaring cheers to die down. I look around and realize just how many people are in the room. Rows of seated fans so dense that you wouldn't be able to tell the color of the floor if it weren't for the aisles.

"Hey everyone! How's everybody doing today?" Dean beams as a stage-hand places a microphone in his hand. Once again the crowd erupts with sound, a chorus of hollering and shrieks. There's a tap on my shoulder and another microphone is given to myself. I quickly thank the worker and inspect the sides for the switch to turn it on. My fingers fumble over the metal.

I hear laughing coming from the crowd and assume that it's something that Dean said, but then I feel him standing over me and look up. He's grinning down at me, obviously laughing at me. "Honey, it's already on."

Embrassment floods over me and all I can manage to say is, "Oh." That causes a small portion of the crowd to laugh again while others chatter about Dean's nickname for me.

"It's alright, dear," he assures and turns back to the crowd. "Alright guys, cut him some slack! It's his first panel." The group cheers again, which I've come to assume is the natural response at these things. Dean trails back to his own seat and props his legs up on the bars of the chairs.

I really have no idea what I'm supposed to say now that I've already made a fool of myself, so I sit quietly watching Dean, trying my best to seem intrigued. "Well Cas and I talked about doing a Q and A while we're here so I guess we can start with that before we do anything too extravagant."

There's at least twenty hands that shoot into the air as soon as the words leave his mouth. A single worker goes through the crowd picking a smaller girl in the front row for the first question. She instantly stands up, obviously a social butterfly. "Hi! So I know that in your coming out video Dean mentioned that he is bisexual and I was wondering if Cas was the first guy you had eyes for."

Dean sits for a while as if pondering how to answer the question in his mind before answering, "Sadly no. I had a few secret relationships with men throughout high school, but I never managed to get too far with them. My Cas, is definitely the first and only I can see settling down with though, if that's any consolation."

"Yes, thank you," she states in a happy tone and takes a seat again.

The worker sneaks through the crowd again, this time choosing a teen boy towards the left of the stage, to my side of the stage.

"Uh hi..."

"Hello," I smile, my head tilting slightly to the side. "Do you have a question for us?"

He shuffles a bit, but regains his voice, "I have a question for you actually..."

Reminding myself that he's probably just as nervous as myself, I remain quietly and friendly. Definitely more approachable than Dean, despite how nice he is. "Go ahead."