Book Five Chapter Nine

"Okay, well seen as he has a big mouth, let's just say she had a scum ex, knocked her around a lot, locked her away from society, yes, I offered to do something, but she refused and wouldn't give his name" 

Jackson explaining Alena's past briefly, everyone sitting quiet again, looking at the clock it is time to start work.

"Right lads, briefing time, let's go" 

We walk into the tent, sitting around talking about strategy, the whole day gone just in this tent, everyone going over what is going to happen, over and over so no one messes up, and we will do this daily to be sure. 

Leaving the tent, we go to the port getting on the boat, leaving, we sleep the night on it. The next two weeks flying by tomorrow we leave, everything is in place, except one or two things we are sorting today.

"Right lad's ready to go? To the local town, keep your wits, don't put your gun away, and certainly don't interact with the locals under any circumstances" Everyone confirming we make the detour to the small town, walking through everything quiet, a few people in the street nothing big. 

Going into the shop, we buy the things we need, walking back to the truck, Maxwell stops, talking to a guy.

"Maxwell, orders were no communicating, back here now, that's an order" Looking at him he ignores me the man clearly getting angry by what he is saying. 

Swinging he hits Maxwell, the team rushing forward, everyone raising their fists and fighting, Maxwell running off, Jackson, trying to pull a guy off Troy, everyone trying to stop the fight, but by using their fists, all of them fucking up this mission right now, I try stop the fight, pulling people back, Jackson getting the most hits been bigger than the rest.

"Lads fall back, get to the truck" I grab them, pushing them away from the men, us running to the truck as they follow, getting in Maxwell is sat shaken up, clearly not expecting it to happen. 

I will wait till we get back to give him shit, but he is staying at the base for extra training while we are off home. Getting back to the port, we get on the boat, getting them all together, they just blew the mission.

"What the fuck lads, Maxwell orders are there for a reason, not for you to disobey and do what the hell you want. Just because we talk, get to know each other does not mean I won't fucking kiss your arse for fucking things up. When we leave tomorrow you are staying at the base to be trained up on how to fucking listen do you understand me?" 

I stand showing him that while we talk like best friends, as a family, we do not fuck each other over like he just did.

"Yes Sir, sorry" He sit's quiet.

"You lot, going in with fist throwing as well, you're lucky you are not all here as well tomorrow, but considering it is Jackson's wedding when we get back, I will let this one pass"

 Looking at Jackson his face is a mess, he took most of the hits, he was trying to break up the fight and, in the process, got himself roughed up.

"You, go get your face sorted, see a medic now, and hopefully Alena won't freak out as much, everyone else, sleep because this mission has gone to shit now" 

Walking out I go to my bed, sleeping as tomorrow I have to do the paperwork now before we can leave, I sure as hell am not staying up doing it tonight. Falling asleep, I need to hope things go to plan tomorrow and we get Jackson home on time. 

Waking up I get straight to work, writing out reports of what happened, everyone in the team doing the same, the day spent writing every detail of that day.