Book Six Chapter Thirty-One

8 GOODBYE HOME HELLO AMERICA

Walking upstairs I climb in bed closing my eyes, stopping and sitting up I grab my phone calling the number.

"Peter" I wait as he stays quiet.

"What Marcus?"

"What court are they are tomorrow morning and what time?" I am going, I don't care I am going to sit there and look them both in the eye, they nearly killed me, and in the process nearly killed Alena.

"Nine, I will text you the court and address" I wait, wondering if he will say anything.

"You know, just because Alena freaked out and ripped your contract up, you didn't have to fight back against her, someone innocent in all this."

"Marcus, I simply gave the nudge needed to get the court date pulled forward, whatever the outcome is, that has nothing to do with me, bye" He hangs up, the message coming straight through, clicking the alarm I set it. Rolling over I go to sleep, visions of Alena's naked body on my car fresh in my mind making me smile. 

Waking to Alena's screams I run to their room, Jackson leaning over her trying to shake her awake, hell if she is having one of those dreams we are all fucked. Her eyes shot open, her hands pushing Jackson away as she jumps back looking at him scared, my heart breaking seeing the fear in her eyes.

"Max" The one word we don't want to hear, Jackson stays a safe distance back, Alena staring at him, her eyes slowly coming back to reality and being awake. Her body beginning to shake as she cried and Jackson moves to hug her.

"What happened Alena?" This woman has no luck, none at all.

"Nothing, I for some reason went back, it was like years ago, everything replaying the same, that night I ran to Georgina's and got away, I honestly thought I had never escaped and everything including you was a dream" 

Relief floods through me, the thought that it was another one of her almost physic dreams made me ready to pack and go hide her.

"Daddy" I turn, and MJ is stood there looking scared, no doubt Alena's screams woke him.

"Jackson get him settled, I will be fine Marcus can sit with me" Jackson nods and walks to MJ, sitting next to Alena her body is still shaking, she is soaked in sweat but freezing to touch. Jackson's voice on the monitors making me listen as Alena's head begins to grow heavy.

"No, mummy is fine, she had a bad dream just like you do sometimes, only mummies dreams make her scream like a crazy woman" Jackson laughs, and I can see him tickling MJ, trying to ease his worries of his mum been hurt.

"Now, back to sleep, you have school tomorrow" Jackson kisses his forehead and walks back through, Alena now out cold again. Moving Jackson sits with her as I walk back to my room and lie down once again falling asleep. 

Waking up to my alarm, getting ready I walk downstairs and grab a coffee, getting ready I go to walk out Jackson walking down looking at me.

"I'm coming, I left Alena a note, there is no way I am just going to sit and wait" He grabs his coat walking towards the door, getting in my car I begin to drive the three hours to the court, the trip there we stayed in silence. 

What should we talk about right now knowing that they could be getting released? Three hours later we are sat outside the court, both of us just looking at the doors waiting for one of us to decide to move. I guess I will, getting out the car I shut the door Jackson following us, walking in we go to the room and sit down, we sit where they can see us, ready.